Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fuel The Fighter: Lean and Mean with Creatine?

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Learn the Benefits and Risks

The rising popularity of MMA has increased the demand for elite and talented competitors. Both amateur and professional fighters are always on the lookout for an edge to intensify their skills. Athletes often search for nutritional supplements like creatine to enhance performance. Before you decide to see if creatine supplements boost your training, you should know how creatine works, how it will help, and what risks it carries.

LINK

Post #1   8/1/08 1:40:40PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
There have been no proven cases of creatine causing medical problems in otherwise healthy individuals. Creatine is made by our body naturally and gives our muscles energy. When the creatine is depleted our bodies will make more.

Natural foods that contain creatine are fish and steak. The reason an athelete might supplement with additional creatine is because during exercise the creatine stores in your body are quickly depleted.

We usually have about 2.5-5g creatine in our bodies naturally, but this amount is only good for regular day to day use. The demands of an athelete greatly increase the demand our bodies have for creatine.

Whatever creatine that is not absorbed by the body is excreted in the urine as a substance called creatinine, so it isn't a substance that can build up massive amounts in our bodies, thus it isn't anywhere near a steroid.

Usual daily doses of creatine are between 5 and 10 grams and are sufficient for an atheletes needs. There is no point in doing a loading stage where you take up to 10-15gms a day. Studies have shown that at the end of a two week period an athelete who did not do a loading stage had the same amount of creatine stores as an athelete who did the loading stage. Like I said, the body can only store so many grams of creatine before it is exreted as creatinine through the urine.

Creatine does give a person an advantage in the gym because your muscles have more energy and can therefore golonger, which in the long run can help an athelete get stronger and bigger.

Once again though, creatine is already made by our bodies, so a guy who simply eats more fish will have more creatine stored in his muscles.

I know that it is wise to always include risks of any substances, but in this case there are no proven studies that can show that if an individual was healthy to begin with that creatine caused him anymedical conditions if taken as prescribed.

If a person already had kidney or liver problems to begin with, and then took creatine then yes, he may further his Existing medical problems which is why it is always wise to see a Dr before taking on any new workout program or supplements.

Last edited 8/1/08 2:18PM server time by bigkat
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   8/1/08 2:14:43PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

There have been no proven cases of creatine causing medical problems in otherwise healthy individuals. Creatine is made by our body naturally and gives our muscles energy. When the creatine is depleted our bodies will make more.

Natural foods that contain creatine are fish and steak. The reason an athelete might supplement with additional creatine is because during exercise the creatine stores in your body are quickly depleted.

We usually have about 2.5-5g creatine in our bodies naturally, but this amount is only good for regular day to day use. The demands of an athelete greatly increase the demand our bodies have for creatine.

Whatever creatine that is not absorbed by the body is excreted in the urine as a substance called creatinine, so it isn't a substance that can build up massive amounts in our bodies, thus it isn't anywhere near a steroid.

Usual daily doses of creatine are between 5 and 10 grams and are sufficient for an atheletes needs. There is no point in doing a loading stage where you take up to 10-15gms a day. Studies have shown that at the end of a two week period an athelete who did not do a loading stage had the same amount of creatine stores as an athelete who did the loading stage. Like I said, the body can only store so many grams of creatine before it is exreted as creatinine through the urine.

Creatine does give a person an advantage in the gym because your muscles have more energy and can therefore golonger, which in the long run can help an athelete get stronger and bigger.

Once again though, creatine is already made by our bodies, so a guy who simply eats more fish will have more creatine stored in his muscles.

I know that it is wise to always include risks of any substances, but in this case there are no proven studies that can show that if an individual was healthy to begin with that creatine caused him anymedical conditions if taken as prescribed.

If a person already had kidney or liver problems to begin with, and then took creatine then yes, he may further his Existing medical problems which is why it is always wise to see a Dr before taking on any new workout program or supplements.

...thank you for that

Last edited 8/1/08 2:24PM server time by aznteabagger

Post #3   8/1/08 2:23:18PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
Couldn't get your link to work, so just posted what I personally know about creatine. I've used it for about 8 years now, and have done quite a bit of research on creatine, so I just told the basics...

Last edited 8/1/08 2:29PM server time by bigkat

Post #4   8/1/08 2:27:13PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
creatine naturally occurs in our body so dont be posting bullshit. There are no risks, I have been taking creatine arginine and glutamine for 8 months now and it's great.

It's people like you who spread DIS INFORMATION that makes other people fearful of stepping outside because the terrorists are after us, after all the light is orange isnt it?

Idiot.

Post #5   8/1/08 3:12:43PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by saemskin

creatine naturally occurs in our body so dont be posting bullshit. There are no risks, I have been taking creatine arginine and glutamine for 8 months now and it's great.

It's people like you who spread DIS INFORMATION that makes other people fearful of stepping outside because the terrorists are after us, after all the light is orange isnt it?

Idiot.

you fuking retard this post said nothing about creatine being bad it just said there are some minor risks like weight gain and such, read the ******* post before you post

idiot.

Post #6   8/1/08 4:31:39PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I've taken creatine before, I think it was Cell Tech. The stuff was great, I gained about 20lbs in a month. Definetely gained a lot of bulk, but yeah it can start to give you a gut to.

Post #7   8/1/08 5:27:32PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by luke420187

I've taken creatine before, I think it was Cell Tech. The stuff was great, I gained about 20lbs in a month. Definetely gained a lot of bulk, but yeah it can start to give you a gut to.

Cell tech is shit. Muscle Tech is shit. When you gain 20lbs and 18 lbs of it is water / fat, from the 75 grams of sugar in 1 serving. Its worthless. On top of that, Muscle tech is beyond expensive, and you can find the same thing you are looking for, for about 1/2, 3/4 the cost and with out the useless crap they put in products.

Anyhow, bigkat props to you. Soooooooooooooo sick and tired of people treating creatine like its a steriod. Great post.

Post #8   8/1/08 6:53:07PM