Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The War Is Over for Stann, But the Battles Continue

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
This is from the Washington Post. MMA is gowing up.

Before each fight, Brian Stann walks into the cage knowing that whatever happens, nothing will compare to the hell he survived in Iraq.

Link

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   7/31/08 5:26:51PM   

Raykill

TAKING A BREAK

Raykill Avatar

Career:289-247
Chips:
I give the guy alot of props.
I was in the Army during my Desert Storm time. But some of the sh*t these kids have had to deal with doesnt compare to my 8 months over there.
I mean I think they have to put up with alot more crap then I did. I dont think I worded that right the first time.

Besides all that. I think the guy has a bright future, if he can reel in a little of the emotion and get a little more tech. He will be a champ before long....

Post #2   7/31/08 6:20:27PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,878-1,108
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I cant inagine what he would have went though, but those kind of experinces change your out look on life and helps you to put things into perspective.

Post #3   7/31/08 7:14:12PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I have to admit, I hope eventually we'll tone down the soldier bit, because frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. Focusing on Stann the fighter would be a nice change.

Post #4   8/1/08 1:16:40AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,878-1,108
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Its just a way to promote him. Americans loved the armed forces. They can build his as a real American heroe.

Post #5   8/1/08 5:53:27AM