Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Talkin’ MMA & Boxing with Roy Englebrecht

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Promoter Roy Englebrecht talks about his successful business philosophy, his intriguing new “American Champion” reality TV show project, Affliction Banned, and much more in this interview:

BoxingInsider.com: You have been busy promoting a lot of MMA shows lately. One of the claims you like to boast about is that you are still promoting shows while other promoters like the IFL are losing tons of money. Why are you able to remain successful as a promoter while others are flailing around in the business?

Roy Englebrecht: Deliver good shows, at good prices, in clean venues, and say thank you. Fans will come back. Also, I am a minor league operator, while the others thought they were major league without any experience.

BoxingInsider.com: Besides promoting boxing events in cities such as Irvine, CA you have also been involved in Fight Promoter University. Tell us a little bit about how this project started, why you started it, and who some of the more successful students to come out of the class have been.

Roy Englebrecht: The fight business has been very good to me and I wanted to give something back. It just made me so sad to see promoters, who meant well, lose $25,000 on a show and were never heard from again. I want everyone to have a chance to be successful. We have had graduates be successful in Ohio, PA, Boston, California, Texas.

LINK

Post #1   7/31/08 1:54:53PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,955-1,146
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Is American Champion like the Contender.

Post #2   7/31/08 2:31:02PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

Is American Champion like the Contender.

read the article and get your answer

Post #3   7/31/08 5:58:34PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,955-1,146
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Thanks Dons.

I dont think they will ever be able to rebuild the HW division in boxing. MMA is the future.

Post #4   7/31/08 7:19:09PM