Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Nobody Wants To Fight Lyoto Machida

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

I think if he fought Chuck it would be a very defensive fight. Both guys like to counter strike and that would make for a slow pace fight. I genuinly dont know who would win that fight.

If Silva rushed Machida and put him under pressure then he could force the KO.

Another LHW who could also do this and is better then Wandy IMO is Shogun.

I think the difference between Chuck and Lyoto is lyoto has more precision from what I have seen... I'd hate to say it.. but I'd give this to Lyoto... I think decision

on a side note.. I got to watch the fight with Tito the other night on the replay... and I thought lyoto executed his game plan perfectly... Tito just walked into .. though I did see some noew things from Tito some sub attempts from his back.. I do not recall seeing that before from him..

Last edited 7/31/08 6:26PM server time by the-don
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   7/31/08 6:20:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
machida is a contender, they could try to chase him he just very technical and what ever game plan he has works

Post #17   7/31/08 7:07:47PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,855-1,098
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Tito has had good JJ for a long time but in most of his fights he dominates from the top and prefers GnP. In that fight with Machida I was impressed with Machida's wrestling. He had some great take downs.

Post #18   7/31/08 7:10:33PM   

lomez

Learning to Sprawl

lomez Avatar

Career:664-433
Chips:
Just losing is bad enough, losing and looking like you really suck, no wonder nobody wants to fight him.

Post #19   7/31/08 8:40:09PM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
LOL

Post #20   7/31/08 8:57:07PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
No one wants to fight machida because it doesnt get you anywhere. If you lose then you go down the rankings and if you win you stay at the same spot, so why would anyone want to fight him?

Post #21   7/31/08 11:07:47PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Fighters get Lyoto. Fans don't.

Most of us who have fought have respect for a style like Lyoto's because it uses all the things in fighting which make fighting complete. He has great defense, great counters, uses distance, and can explode.

But, MMA is entertainment so fans want to SEE something happening. What Lyoto does so well is create distance and then with a very quick half step move back into striking range throws feet often followed by hands, and then uses angles and distance to move away. The "other guy" gets hit and Lyoto does not because after he throws he changes angles and distance and forces the other fighter to react. They have to chase him, but often they just chase him to get hit. Most fighters would love to fight where they could dominate their opponent and possibly KO them without having to get hit. But, fans don't like it cuz it's not rockem sockem enough. And I have to say, that "most" MMA fans are probably the LEAST educated in their sport of ALL fans of ANY sport I've ever seen. they are like the British fans in the UK that booed the Giants for taking a knee at the end of the game. American fans were like, 'that's part of the game, it's what you do when you run out the clock." British fans were "keep playing!!!!" American fans thought the brits were stupid. They were right. Most MMA fans are british "american football fans" they are lost and don't know what they are really watching..they just want action.

Post #22   7/31/08 11:16:13PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Chips:
btw, the BJ fight was actually quite close and BJ caught him a few times. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch if BJ works his way up the weight divisions.

hehe.

BJ for Ltweight champ, Welterweight champ, Middleweight champ, and Lt. Heavyweight champ. then give him too much poi and let him fight Noguiera. :)

Post #23   7/31/08 11:18:35PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

Posted by Rabi
Another LHW who could also do this and is better then Wandy IMO is Shogun.

Hmmm. Is Shogun ever going to come back at 100%?
Watching his terrifically amazing fights in Pride compared to that crap he brought to the Griffen fight, I just dont know what to think about him.

Is his knee ever going to heal?
Can he compete without steroids?

It kills me to know this guy has a contract with the UFC and no one has been able to see the Shogun that we all know and love. I want so much for him to heal and get back in there and kick the ever loving shit out of the LHW division. He has the potential to beat Machida defnintely.

Post #24   7/31/08 11:31:50PM   

Lucas

MMA Regular

Lucas Avatar

Career:1,349-792
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by EliasG

Most of us who have fought have respect for a style like Lyoto's because it uses all the things in fighting which make fighting complete. He has great defense, great counters, uses distance, and can explode.

But, MMA is entertainment so fans want to SEE something happening. What Lyoto does so well is create distance and then with a very quick half step move back into striking range throws feet often followed by hands, and then uses angles and distance to move away. The "other guy" gets hit and Lyoto does not because after he throws he changes angles and distance and forces the other fighter to react. They have to chase him, but often they just chase him to get hit. Most fighters would love to fight where they could dominate their opponent and possibly KO them without having to get hit. But, fans don't like it cuz it's not rockem sockem enough. And I have to say, that "most" MMA fans are probably the LEAST educated in their sport of ALL fans of ANY sport I've ever seen. they are like the British fans in the UK that booed the Giants for taking a knee at the end of the game. American fans were like, 'that's part of the game, it's what you do when you run out the clock." British fans were "keep playing!!!!" American fans thought the brits were stupid. They were right. Most MMA fans are british "american football fans" they are lost and don't know what they are really watching..they just want action.

I agree British fans who follow American football are stupid anyway if they had any sense they would follow football (soccer)

Last edited 8/1/08 5:09AM server time by lucas
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   8/1/08 5:08:01AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
I hope that Shogun does get back to his best. A fit and fighting Shogus is awsome.

Post #26   8/1/08 5:35:45AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
I guess we will find out in december. As far as I'm concerned that loss to Mark Coleman wasnt a loss at all. He came down on him arm and broke it and was unable to continue.
Coleman and his corner being the assholes they are commenced to make a ridiculous scuffle over it. Wandy was PISSED.... I wish I spoke their language. Here's to the hope that our beloved Mauricio Rua will come back to us as the monster we know he is.

Post #27   8/1/08 7:19:50AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
Here Here

Post #28   8/1/08 9:20:58AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Lucas

Posted by EliasG

I agree British fans who follow American football are stupid anyway if they had any sense they would follow football (soccer)

haha. True. Funny.

Post #29   8/1/08 9:45:20AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Chips:
On another thread it seems that Shogun will be fighting coleman in december at 205.

Post #30   8/1/08 10:33:59AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3