Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kala Kolohe Hose-Strip Him Of Title?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Interesting thing I've been pondering ahead of an ICON Sport card coming up this Saturday-ICON Sport Middleweight Champion Kala Kolohe Hose is scheduled to fight on the card, but this is going to be his second straight non-title match. I don't have a problem with it but this seems rather unusual, shouldn't a champion be a fighting champion? I could let the first time slide since that was in EliteXC, and while this fight might be catch weight (it's to be at 180) it doesn't seem right ot let him keep fighting non-title fights especially after he's coming off a loss in such a match. I think that if he wins this fight, his next fight needs to be for the title, but if he loses, think about stripping him.

(Slightly off-topic, but the man Hose beat for the belt, Phil Baroni, is also fighting on this card. His fight's to be at 175)

Edit: Meant to put a poll in but accidentally hit the wrong key.

Last edited 7/31/08 9:22AM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/31/08 9:22:13AM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,688-1,480
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Yeah that's a bit ridiculous. Hose was exposed in his last fight after looking pretty good against a gassed Baroni. I forget the name of the guy who fought him, but he was just a better fighter in every aspect. The fans in Hawaii aren't dumb, I'm sure they realize what's going on there.

Post #2   7/31/08 11:34:30AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
Beating Phil Baroni does not make you a champion.

Post #3   7/31/08 12:55:30PM