Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

curious!! who has ever gone to a live ufc event??

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I have been to a few.

UFC 4 first MMA event I ever went to. I was there to support my dads friend Dan Severn. After this event I was hooked after seeing a guy like Dan get subbed by a guy half his size. I started training BJJ on the side shortly after that.

UFC 15 Got free ticket from OSU as they gave them out to bunch of the wrestlers. I think this was Randy's doing but not 100% sure.

UFC 44 didn't even plan on going just happen to be on a trip in vegas at the same time so went ahead and went.

UFC 69 biggest upset ever. I still am in shocked GSP got beat by Matt. The hole time I was thinking I was going to be front row to a murder and turns out to be a murder just not the one I expected.

Last edited 7/29/08 11:11PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #16   7/29/08 1:18:40AM   

Diamondback2

MMA Regular

Diamondback2 Avatar

Career:409-266
Chips:
Went to UFC 77 and i was hooked. I was rooting for Anderson (not that pretty much anyone else was) but by the end of the fight they were cheering for him.

Got to admit, when i bought the DVD, I'm glad, i heard Rogan say something along the lines of "this has been the night of clinching against the fence!" i was thinking the same thing. sat in the nosebleeds and loved it, could see everything but the ground game. which wasn't that big a deal, it's still exciting even if ur watchingon the bigscreens in the arena

Going to UFC 87 and I am PSYCHED!!!1

And also going to UFC 90 and the one in December if GSP/Penn happens (which i think and am praying GSP cruises thru Fitch so this can happen in a 5 RD fight.)

Wish there were more on the mideast.

Just pumped abotu seeing Huerta/Florian, GSP/Fitch and Lesnar/Herring. Plus i get to see Maia fight for the second time live.

Post #17   7/29/08 2:10:10AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
well i just did a 180 over night cancelled my ortland trip for ufc 91 booked a flight to chicago for ufc 90 today
i wanna see silva kick some ass live for once!!!!!!!!

Post #18   7/29/08 7:08:58PM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
just got seats to wec in sept. thats it....

Post #19   7/29/08 8:17:07PM   

Mungooch

banned

Mungooch Avatar

Career:313-193
Chips:
I want one to come down under it would be mad but will prob not happen unless George Wogaropalis becomes a big star.

Post #20   7/29/08 11:52:31PM   

tomsmith17381

MMA Regular

Career:4-7
Chips:
i went to ufc 70 in manchester and saw crop cop get knocked out by gonzaga with that vicious head kick we left that building buzzing.
i also went to ufc 85 in london and saw our boy mike desroy jason day. some guy next to us kept shouting for a tomb stone move and it was hilarios when nate marquadt gave him his tomb stone move right at the end of the fight. plus all the singing and mexican wave antics made it a really good atmosphere.
i also have tickets for ufc 89 in birmingham where i hope to see mike and dan hardy reign supreme. i dont care for liaudin he aint a brit he is a frenchy.

Last edited 7/30/08 6:33PM server time by tomsmith17381
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #21   7/30/08 6:25:22PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I went to ufc 80 and it was awesome. Just getting to see Penn fight was sweet, but their was so many k.o's on that card aswell. Im pretty much limited to events in Newcastle tbh becouse im the only person i know into mma, so long trips around the country on my todd would be no fun.

Post #22   7/30/08 6:44:03PM   

chris91301

MMA Regular

Career:15-6
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
i only have been to one 2nd (lidell vs tito) fight.

it was definately money well spent. will go again sometime when can get a large enough group going.

Post #23   7/31/08 1:41:24AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I have been to 3 and just find the whole UFC experince awsome.

The first one I went to was UFC 70 in Manchester. Didnt know any one else who was going so I travelled down by myself. The atmosphere was great, every one cheered on Bisping as he tko'd Sinosic, but the highlight of the night was THAT head kick. I jumped right out of my seat. It was amazing.

I got a midnight bus back 200 miles to coventry. I was knackered but it was worth it.

That expereince made me want to go and watch the UFC again ASAP. That morning I booked a flight to Belfast N Ireland and a B&B and went to watch UFC 72 ( by myself) on a wim. Overall it was a good night of fights apart from the main event and co main event ( Franklin v Okami) and ( F Griffin v Ramirez). But i did get to see one of the FOTY in Guida v Griffin. That fight was amazing.

Unfortunately I missed UFC 75 in London as it clashed with my best mates stag do. I was gutted.

Then i went to UFC 80 in Newcastle, my brother and mate went and we made a night of it. As some one said before, there was ko after ko. My favorite ko of the night was Rivera over Grove, it looked awsome on the big screen. Also got to watch BJ fight live which was amazing.

Would have gone to UFC 85 in London but was at a wedding in Ireland so once again missed the London event. I have just got my tickets to UFC 89 in Birmingham and I cant wait. Im going with my brother and 3 cousins.

Post #24   8/1/08 2:07:31PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
None, hopefully I will be going to UFC 90 here in Chicago. However it seems impossible to find tickets to an extent

that and also UFC tickets are ridiculously expensive and to see Cote get his butt whooped isn't really enough to draw me to spend th money. Need to see the rest of the card

Post #25   8/1/08 2:15:14PM   

tomsmith17381

MMA Regular

Career:4-7
Chips:

Posted by Rabi

I have been to 3 and just find the whole UFC experince awsome.

The first one I went to was UFC 70 in Manchester. Didnt know any one else who was going so I travelled down by myself. The atmosphere was great, every one cheered on Bisping as he tko'd Sinosic, but the highlight of the night was THAT head kick. I jumped right out of my seat. It was amazing.

I got a midnight bus back 200 miles to coventry. I was knackered but it was worth it.

That expereince made me want to go and watch the UFC again ASAP. That morning I booked a flight to Belfast N Ireland and a B&B and went to watch UFC 72 ( by myself) on a wim. Overall it was a good night of fights apart from the main event and co main event ( Franklin v Okami) and ( F Griffin v Ramirez). But i did get to see one of the FOTY in Guida v Griffin. That fight was amazing.

Unfortunately I missed UFC 75 in London as it clashed with my best mates stag do. I was gutted.

Then i went to UFC 80 in Newcastle, my brother and mate went and we made a night of it. As some one said before, there was ko after ko. My favorite ko of the night was Rivera over Grove, it looked awsome on the big screen. Also got to watch BJ fight live which was amazing.

Would have gone to UFC 85 in London but was at a wedding in Ireland so once again missed the London event. I have just got my tickets to UFC 89 in Birmingham and I cant wait. Im going with my brother and 3 cousins.

see you there dude

MICHAEL BISPINGS BARMY ARMY!

Post #26   8/1/08 2:15:44PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by copcopps

None, hopefully I will be going to UFC 90 here in Chicago. However it seems impossible to find tickets to an extent

that and also UFC tickets are ridiculously expensive and to see Cote get his butt whooped isn't really enough to draw me to spend th money. Need to see the rest of the card

i will be going there as well, tickets come out aug 15th friday public comes out 18th monday

Post #27   8/1/08 4:52:39PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2