Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar or Heath Herring

Print  
Who you got?
Brock Lesnar 62 65%
Heath Herring 33 35%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Who you picking? I'm going with Lesnar.

Post #1   7/28/08 5:33:51PM   

Jlloyd

MMA Regular

Jlloyd Avatar

Career:6-4
Chips:
tough call

i think Herring might sub him

Post #2   7/28/08 5:34:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i have been struggling with this pick since it was announced. i absolutely hate that it is the hot bout and it is killing me. i just can't pick Lesnar. i can't bring myself to pick him after only 2 professional fights. HH is now training at Xtreme Couture, seems to be getting his act together and i guarantee you he will have a good game plan. i just think that HH will be able to weather the storm that is Brock's starting onslaught and get a TKO over a tired Brock in the 2nd.

Post #3   7/28/08 5:40:32PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
I gotta go with Herring. Right now I have Herring by sub in the 3rd but that will probably change b/c I don't see it going 3. He may knock him out in the first or second. Just the 3 main fights make this card sick!

Post #4   7/28/08 5:46:53PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Going with lesnar

Post #5   7/28/08 5:49:30PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Yea I'm going with Lesnar, he's being working on his sub defence, which IMO is the most important part right now. Herring is counting on his ability to scramble his way off the bottom ala his fight against Kongo, and I just dont think he can shake off a wrestler the caliber of Lesnar. Kongo took him down at will, and Lesnar wont have much trouble in doing so, so i think he either TKO's Herring (very hard) or wins a UD.

Although I am very worried that Lesnar will catch a head kick or a Knee in the later rounds when he is a bit more tired. I got a feeling this might turn out to be like Herring vs Erikson, herring gets beat up on the ground for a round or two, and he gets "mad" cus he hasnt been able to do much, so at the start of the round he just goes crazy firing off big shots and he might catch a tired Lesnar and put him down.

Post #6   7/28/08 6:01:53PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,904-1,184
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Im going with the Shark beater I mean come on lets nut forget if mazablows- bad-calls-left-and-right he had Mir just about beat even Mir said he almost lost before the stopage so I think Lesnar slams HH and pounds him into next week although it all depends on how composed he can stay he was a little reckless in the Mir fight

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   7/28/08 6:44:54PM   

jimmypockets

ThE ThIcKFrEAkNeSS

jimmypockets Avatar

Career:1,090-730
Camp: RuStY CaGe FiGhT TeAm
Chips:
I think Herring is the logical choice. He has a wealth of experience. The only way I see him getting beat is if he lets Lesnar overwhelm him quickly. I believe you are going to see a gassed Lesnar if it makes it past the first. Herring can only beat himself. Lesnar is kinda the opposite of Kimbo. He really has no credibility in MMA but he has a huge name. Kimbo however, gets his opponents handpicked for him where as Lesnar has had a tough road so far. I personally would like to see Lesnar fight low level guys and work himself up. I mean he has 2 professional fights but under 2 minutes of actual experience.

XB Live Gamertags- J1mMy PoCkEtS, Th3 Barncat

Post #8   7/28/08 7:11:50PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Im going with the Shark beater I mean come on lets nut forget if mazablows- bad-calls-left-and-right he had Mir just about beat even Mir said he almost lost before the stopage so I think Lesnar slams HH and pounds him into next week although it all depends on how composed he can stay he was a little reckless in the Mir fight

Never once have I seen an interview or article where Mir said he "almost lost". I have seen several in which he was saying Lesnar was on top of him hitting him very hard, but he never said he was about to lose. I'd love to see a source on this. Otherwise it's just paraphrasing in your own words and not doing Mir any justice IMO.

That being said I find it hard to lend credibility to a fighter who is fighting top competition with 0 wins against quality opponents on his record.

Post #9   7/28/08 7:16:29PM   

NewGuy

Bas Will Destroy Your Liver

NewGuy Avatar

Career:1,348-774
Chips:
I am going with Herring. I think Herring can withstand the initial onslot from Brock. I think he will submit Brock in the 2nd or 3rd, I keep going back and forth between those two rounds. Brock will punch himself out and his already poor submission defense will become no submission defense.

Of course I will change my pick to Brock R1 KO if Heath showes up at the weigh ins out of shape.

Post #10   7/28/08 7:21:45PM   

casketcoin

Standup Guy

casketcoin Avatar

Career:2,404-1,575
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:

Posted by NewGuy

I am going with Herring. I think Herring can withstand the initial onslot from Brock. I think he will submit Brock in the 2nd or 3rd, I keep going back and forth between those two rounds. Brock will punch himself out and his already poor submission defense will become no submission defense.

Of course I will change my pick to Brock R1 KO if Heath showes up at the weigh ins out of shape.

i agree with how you got it going at first....Herring will keep his distance and use his reach for striking...after maybe a take down or a round or two he will submit Lesnar

Post #11   7/28/08 7:25:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I think Herring will put Brock down. Training with Rob Kaman is awsome and Herring isn't that much smaller then Brock. If he can avoid the take down(he used to be a good wrestler) I think he'll put him down.

Post #12   7/28/08 7:34:01PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i have been struggling with this pick since it was announced. i absolutely hate that it is the hot bout and it is killing me. i just can't pick Lesnar. i can't bring myself to pick him after only 2 professional fights. HH is now training at Xtreme Couture, seems to be getting his act together and i guarantee you he will have a good game plan. i just think that HH will be able to weather the storm that is Brock's starting onslaught and get a TKO over a tired Brock in the 2nd.

Yes, this is a tough call. Can Lesnar finish him off early?? I say no... and think it will go down pretty much liked you described jjfreak. But I can see going to a sloppy, gassed out decision to Herring as well.

One more thing...I almost crapped my pants when you said it was the hot bout, but I checked and it's not, thank God! It is still on Florian/Huerta (which for some reason I find easier to pick!).

Post #13   7/28/08 7:45:52PM   

chitown97

Learning to Sprawl

chitown97 Avatar

Career:1,125-711
Chips:
As was already mentioned earlier I see Herring weathering the inital storm and doing enough to keep Brock's limbs in check. Brock might come out way more cautious now that he realizes any limb flailing around might get grabbed and broken, in which I could see a decision for Herring. If Brock comes out the same as he did last time I foresee a 3rd sub. Again like others have already mentioned I have been going back and forth between decision and 3rd sub. I completely forgot that he has been training at Xtreme Couture which is becoming such a factor.

Post #14   7/28/08 8:24:30PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Brock Lesnar

Post #15   7/28/08 8:32:58PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4