Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Sylvia video on next fight in October, UFC, Fedor and more

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Defiantly worth a watch. Tim wants a few more fights under his belt before he fights Fedor again, says UFC and Affliction treat their fighters completely different.

Link

Last edited 7/28/08 10:25AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/28/08 10:23:59AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
good interview, I think he'll end up fighting barnett next.

Post #2   7/28/08 10:33:52AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I'm glad he doesn't like Ricco. It almost makes me like him. Almost.

Post #3   7/28/08 10:40:04AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

He shouldn't fight Barnett.

He should fight one of the other heavyweights who lost the same night he did.

Best case scenario is he never fights on television again.

Post #4   7/28/08 11:29:59AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I think that Tim was star-struck coming into the ring. If they ever fight again, it will go much differently

Post #5   7/28/08 12:45:18PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
yea if the fight again, i'd say Tim lasts more than 36 secs, but not more 40 secs

Dont agree with saying he should fight one of the losers that night, even on a loss Sylvia is still the highest caliber opponent for Barnett, if not Sylvia Barnett would end up fighting a guy worse. Unless that is Aleks can fight Barnett again, but with the recent health issue i doubt he'll be available by oct.

Post #6   7/28/08 2:36:34PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Of course there is stuff he'd like to do differently like not get knocked down and subbed in under a minute......but I think Fedor proved who the better fighter is and my personal opinion is Tim doesn't want another piece of Fedor after he just got embarrassed.

Tim's a great fighter and people give him a lot of crap for being "boring" and what not but he's actually a top guy.....the problem is he has the personality of toadstool. I think ever since he won the belt back in the UFC he went into the mode of " I can't loose this belt" and went on to become the Tim that fought Monson. Couture really didn't let him get any offense...... Vera broke his hand and Tim never seemed to want to finish that fight.....He got all the offense he could handle against Nog and got put away when he got to aggressive.....and then this fight..... I just think Tim must be very frustrated because he doesn't know a way to be liked by the fans and still win.....good luck to him but I think he should treat the UFC with a little more respect than he did in this interview they were the ones that made him a star to begin with.

Post #7   7/28/08 4:15:30PM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:1,953-1,250
Chips:
I was ecstatic that Tim was done the way he was. I'm happy that a 6 foot nothing guy, came in and torched his a@% in 36 secs. Because if anybody has an advantage over anyone in this sport, it's the tall and heavy boys in the HW division, that aren't disabled by lack of athleticism or agility. He's believed that he was the man ever since he won the belt. I always remember when I read this interview where Sylvia said something along the lines..."Yeah, when I was champ, I had sex with the belt on. If she said take it off, I'd tell it stays, or she could go." Made me think he'd a had sex with himself, with the belt on, when she did leave. Anyways,the guy is a goon. Barnett would be a good fight and I'd like to see that one. Fedor would do the same thing in a rematch and I honestly, am really hoping we see another Arlovski fight, I mean best of five anyone?

Post #8   7/28/08 4:34:15PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Tim saying he wants Fedor again after a few more fight...lol! Come on Tim the end result would be the same. You getting knocked out in less that a minute. Which kind of dissapoints me. I thought Tim would give Fedor a better fight.

Post #9   7/28/08 4:38:37PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
I didn't think Tim had three minutes worth of anything to say. But I think he is definitely right that more fighters are going to go free-agency.....

Post #10   7/28/08 5:03:53PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by JackHammerXXX

I was ecstatic that Tim was done the way he was. I'm happy that a 6 foot nothing guy, came in and torched his a@% in 36 secs. Because if anybody has an advantage over anyone in this sport, it's the tall and heavy boys in the HW division, that aren't disabled by lack of athleticism or agility. He's believed that he was the man ever since he won the belt. I always remember when I read this interview where Sylvia said something along the lines..."Yeah, when I was champ, I had sex with the belt on. If she said take it off, I'd tell it stays, or she could go." Made me think he'd a had sex with himself, with the belt on, when she did leave. Anyways,the guy is a goon. Barnett would be a good fight and I'd like to see that one. Fedor would do the same thing in a rematch and I honestly, am really hoping we see another Arlovski fight, I mean best of five anyone?

Hell yeah!! AA will tool him given the opportunity again!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #11   7/28/08 7:47:34PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,174-1,480
Chips:
Good stuff. I have always liked Tim.
People dislike him for virtually no reason.
I would say that with Tim's loss to Fedor and Barnett's win over Rizzo...Tim and Josh switch 4th and 5th in the Heavy rankings.
1. Fedor, 2. Big Nog, 3. Couture, 4. Barnett, 5. Silvia.
Silvia is a great fighter, top 5 and should be a huge draw anywhere.
The detractors can go to......whatever.

Post #12   7/28/08 8:41:56PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
haha. My favorite part of that interview was the kid underneath in the messages asking what was said in the interview because he had no sound on his computer and some guy responding by writing:

"He is basically calling out Fedor by saying he got lucky. He said the factthat he got paid more confirms he is a better fighter. In the interview he referred to Fedor as the titty master on account of his slightly portly torso."

Funny stuff. Interview was interesting. He asked okay questions but there were obvious follow ups he missed like the ones about UFC and affliciton differences. That's what people like to hear details....but he asked one question and moved on. Needs some journalism 101. ;)

Post #13   7/29/08 2:05:08AM