Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quick Update On Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

lol, Rampage didn't all the sudden becoem bipolar from getting his ass kicked, that's laughable man,...]

He simply believed all the hype about himself and found out that he is just a man like the rest of us, even if it WAS a reality check...

welcome to the real world rampage!

Acctually people ussually just have an episode where they finally display the symptoms. My cousin spent 70,000 in one night in texas, ended up in jail and no one could understand it since he's never done anything like that before, he was finally diagnosed with bipolar. Look at Britney Spears, she was fine for years and then she snapped. Bi-polar is weird it just comes out one day. Oh and since your entire post is wrong what fight were you watching that he got his ass kicked? Looking up the old pride video's?

Post #16   7/28/08 12:43:54PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
Let's see, Rampage himself said that Forrest kicked his ass... so even he agrees with me that he got his ass kicked. Secondly, I don't care what your cousin or Britney Spears did. They have nothing to do with the fact that Rampage didn't become Bipolar from getting his ass kicked.

Either he was bipolar to begin with, or he wasn't , I guess that IS a serious ass kicking that all the sudden causes you to have mental disorders... Maybe MMA IS too dangerous if you can get your brain so knocked outta whack that you all the sudden get diseases and mental disorders from an "ass whuppin" (sarcasm of couse)

Post #17   7/28/08 12:56:15PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Let's see, Rampage himself said that Forrest kicked his ass... so even he agrees with me that he got his ass kicked. Secondly, I don't care what your cousin or Britney Spears did. They have nothing to do with the fact that Rampage didn't become Bipolar from getting his ass kicked.

Either he was bipolar to begin with, or he wasn't , I guess that IS a serious ass kicking that all the sudden causes you to have mental disorders... Maybe MMA IS too dangerous if you can get your brain so knocked outta whack that you all the sudden get diseases and mental disorders from an "ass whuppin" (sarcasm of couse)

....Ok so i'll agree with you since your clearly missing the point. Of course he was bi polar before if he was now, but it was brought out after the fight, not that the fight caused it but his episode happend after.

Post #18   7/28/08 1:27:19PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

He had a falling out with his trainer a couple of days before the first arrest.

I'm not certain that he didn't fall off the wagon instead. But you really gotta wonder- If Jesus=Rampage then Rampage>Tapout? (Jesus Didn't Tap you know)

kinda assholeish thing to say.

Post #19   7/28/08 2:29:46PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

lol, Rampage didn't all the sudden becoem bipolar from getting his ass kicked, that's laughable man,...]

He simply believed all the hype about himself and found out that he is just a man like the rest of us, even if it WAS a reality check...

welcome to the real world rampage!

Congatulations!! You're a loser. I'd love to welcome you to the real world.

Post #20   7/28/08 2:32:17PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Actually he doesn't agree with you because after he made those comments in the ring he was later interviewed as having said he believes that he won the fight. People are always humble at the end of a fight, if they say anything negative in front of a live audience they'll just get booed and look like bad losers. He has said on record that he believes he won the fight. He also clearly didn't get his ass kicked whether or not he lost the fight. It was very close.

I don't understand why you would walk around talking like you're an authority on mental health issues when you clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. It's like watching a 9 year old asserting his opinion about things he has no knowledge of. Can you tell us about all of the studies you've done on mental disorders so we can better understand your glowing insight into this topic?

You can't spell or compose a sentence, things that a grade 5 student should be able to do, you don't know the difference between bipolar and schizophrenia, or the symptoms of either disorder so why do you think that anyone is going to take any of the nonsense coming out of your mouth seriously? You are obviously just saying whatever pops into your head without actually thinking about what it means or if it makes sense.

Please go back to sherdog.

Post #21   7/28/08 3:03:45PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:382-218
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mikevolz

even god can't ko dan henderson.

But Anderson Silva did

my conclusion: Anderson Silva > God

No silly, he choked him out.

Post #22   7/28/08 4:33:11PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:382-218
Chips:

Posted by nastshabast

Posted by bojangalz

He had a falling out with his trainer a couple of days before the first arrest.

I'm not certain that he didn't fall off the wagon instead. But you really gotta wonder- If Jesus=Rampage then Rampage>Tapout? (Jesus Didn't Tap you know)

kinda assholeish thing to say.

Gotta agree. A lot of things that have been said in this thread have been kinda assholeish. Making jokes about something this serious isnt funny.

Post #23   7/28/08 4:35:43PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mikevolz

But Anderson Silva did

No he didnt?

Post #24   7/28/08 4:49:26PM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by BIGKAT

Actually he doesn't agree with you because after he made those comments in the ring he was later interviewed as having said he believes that he won the fight. People are always humble at the end of a fight, if they say anything negative in front of a live audience they'll just get booed and look like bad losers. He has said on record that he believes he won the fight. He also clearly didn't get his ass kicked whether or not he lost the fight. It was very close.

I don't understand why you would walk around talking like you're an authority on mental health issues when you clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. It's like watching a 9 year old asserting his opinion about things he has no knowledge of. Can you tell us about all of the studies you've done on mental disorders so we can better understand your glowing insight into this topic?

You can't spell or compose a sentence, things that a grade 5 student should be able to do, you don't know the difference between bipolar and schizophrenia, or the symptoms of either disorder so why do you think that anyone is going to take any of the nonsense coming out of your mouth seriously? You are obviously just saying whatever pops into your head without actually thinking about what it means or if it makes sense.

Please go back to sherdog.

In my opinion, he did get his ass kicked, and he even said he did. All fighters say "I thought I won that fight." He got beat, lost, and in my opinion deserved to lose

Secondly, I don't "walk around talking like you're an authority on mental health issues when you clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. "

How do you know what I do or do not know? How do you know what my background is? You just assume that since you disagree with my statements that I must be wrong ...YOU FAIL. Your opinion of me is like a 9 year olds because you formed it with no knowledge or thought, just an assumption. and you were wrong...

But anyway, I find it funny that you had to bust out the personal attacks because you had NO OTHER VALID ARGUMENT so you reverted to personal attacks and playground tactics..and to think..you told ME to go back to sherdog...BWAHAHAHHAAAA

If you can prove to me that he became bipolar from an ass kicking I'll retract my statement...until then, I stand by what I said, regardless of what EThugs opinion of me or my knowledge is.

Last edited 7/28/08 4:52PM server time by bigkat
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   7/28/08 4:50:43PM   

JackHammerXXX

MMA Regular

JackHammerXXX Avatar

Career:2,067-1,327
Chips:
Either he was on cloud nine, (nine being the months he took off...from supposedly doing any type of training) and was brought back down by the guy he spent two months telling he was going to knock out, then didn't. Or, he did have problems that surfaced at a low point, if not the lowest(which in reality, isn't) and just couldn't handle.
When Chuck lost the belt, I remember reading Karo talk about how, at the press conference and after the fight, noone was really worried about talking, or interviewing him. Like, he said was off to the side, alone, while everyone surrounded, and praised the new champ Rampage. Well, karma is a mother, and it doesn't look like he was able to handle it as well. All respect to Rampage, though, I hope he gets his head clear, because there are alot of fights for him to take, and make for his already, quality career.
Oh, and this is so old, but in Rampage's favor, the fact that 2 of the 3 judges gave Forrest that 1st round, is ridiculous. He was rocked twice, and was dropped which would warrant the 10-8 round, moreso than the 2nd where all Griffin had was few great leg kicks,and control on the ground. 19-18 Ramp.
Now, even if you give Forrest 2 of the last 3 rounds, which I'd a gave Jackson the 3rd, because Griffin's lack of follow-up on the knee, and dropped in the pressure he was putting on, would of been a draw. I had the 4th for Rampage, too. I know that this is old, and drug out. But, the man wasn't beat, he just might have been out-pointed,in some peoples' minds. All in all, it's all been bad for Mr.Jackson and I'm hoping for the best.

Post #26   7/28/08 4:55:48PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
It's gotta be drugs

Post #27   7/28/08 5:11:11PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

We can't prove whether he is or isn't God. That's why it's called faith.

here is what I think is going on.. Since Fedor destroyed Tim.. and people are saying Fedor is better then god.. God came down and possesed Rampage and they are having an internal battle because God wants to take on Fedor Useing Rampages body... Why pick Rampage.. Well good question.. I mean how else could God come down and get to get in a ring and howl and waer big chains with out seeming out of sorts.. God needs to have fun too you know.. Watch.. Rampage will suddenly seem better.. move up to HW and challenge Fedor.. The sky will rain frogs and locusts, the seas will turn to blood and boil away... And then FEdor wins by armbar after 37days22hours and 43 minutes...

Post #28   7/28/08 5:31:54PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
No one claimed he became bipolar by losing a fight. You really have no clue what you're talking about. This doesn't even have anything to do with being bipolar. If anything it would most likely be schizophrenia. The reason I'm not going to bother dissecting your argument isn't because I couldn't, it's because I know it would be a waste of time. You'd just intentionally miss the point and respond with more nonsense and I would most likely just get angry and then get banned for whatever I might say.

It's a pointless argument for me to continue. Believe whatever you want, there's a reason you're not a doctor, and you're wrong.

Post #29   7/28/08 5:59:54PM   

casketcoin

Standup Guy

casketcoin Avatar

Career:2,261-1,498
Camp: Fight Ducker
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mikevolz

But Anderson Silva did