Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva vs. Wanderlei Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

JDP_6375

Learning to Sprawl

JDP_6375 Avatar

Career:1,111-716
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
If Anderson Silva fought Wanderlei Silva as LHW's that could be the first time Anderson had someone he couldn't easily knock out, hits harder then him, & it just as quick. I think Wanderlei is the only guy that could beat him at this point. What are your opinions on who would win?

Post #1   7/27/08 9:26:29PM   

NewGuy

Bas Will Destroy Your Liver

NewGuy Avatar

Career:1,348-774
Chips:
That is a good question, hard to answer. I definitely think Wandi has a chance at beating Anderson. He would be one of the hardest match ups for Anderson. I don’t think he would beat Anderson though.

Anderson just knows he going to win and he does. Physically they both are great fighters and fun to watch. Unfortunately for Wandi, Anderson at this time possesses the best mental process in the sport. He is confident and figures out how to beat people.

Take the Dan Henderson fight. The first round was close so Anderson switched tactics and submitted Hendo. Not may saw that coming. He doesn’t just fight and take what is there, he figures out how to beat you and does. Until he loses I would not take anybody over him in Middleweight or Light Heavy.

I am a believer, didn’t used to be, but I am one now.

Post #2   7/27/08 11:05:25PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,175-1,292
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I think Anderson would KO him..Wanderlei is too wild with his strikes and the all come from the outside..Anderson would land straights every time Wanderlei would try and throw....

I think Machida and Rampage would pose the biggest threats at LHW and one of those fights will probably never happen...because of friendship..

Post #3   7/27/08 11:15:06PM   

NewGuy

Bas Will Destroy Your Liver

NewGuy Avatar

Career:1,348-774
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

I think Anderson would KO him..Wanderlei is too wild with his strikes and the all come from the outside..Anderson would land straights every time Wanderlei would try and throw....

I think Machida and Rampage would pose the biggest threats at LHW and one of those fights will probably never happen...because of friendship..

At this point I don't think either fight will ever happen. One because of friendship the other due to insanity

Post #4   7/28/08 5:05:05AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,948-1,142
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I think Shogun would also be a harder fight for him then Wanderlei Silva.

Post #5   7/28/08 5:10:09AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I have bee a fan of Wanderlei for many a year now. He was one of the reasons I started collecting Pride videos. But I don't think he would beat Anderson Silva. Of course he could catch him with a good shot, other than that I think he would go down. Personally I think Wandi should retire soon before he ends up going the way of Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbott. That is, taking fights with the hope of going out big and end up just going out.

Post #6   7/28/08 7:26:52AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

I have bee a fan of Wanderlei for many a year now. He was one of the reasons I started collecting Pride videos. But I don't think he would beat Anderson Silva. Of course he could catch him with a good shot, other than that I think he would go down. Personally I think Wandi should retire soon before he ends up going the way of Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbott. That is, taking fights with the hope of going out big and end up just going out.

First off, Wandy's still pretty young. He should do what Nick Diaz did, and have plastic surgery on his face to improve his scar tissue so he doesn't cut as easily. His Vale Tudo days in Brazil has taken a toll on his face. If he made good contact, he could knock anyone out. I do think Anderson could beat him. But if they fought ten times, each would win a few.

Post #7   7/28/08 10:42:18AM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
If Anderson and Wandi fought it would be pretty much a dream match-up for me. One fighter displays tremendous technique and is a true mixed martial artists as he is well versed in ll aspects of the game, matched with being a mental giant.

Wandi on the other hand is like an unruly bear or lion. He has unbelieable strength, yet is pretty wild and lets emotion run his fight. I really like Anderson SIlva and believe he is right up there P4P, I see him winning but I would give Wandi about 30% better chance at beating Anderson than COte does.

Post #8   7/28/08 3:58:33PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
If they had a child they could name it Wanderson Silva

Post #9   7/28/08 4:31:18PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Wand is one of my alltime fav's. top 5 at least prob'ly top 3.

But AS is way too technical for him, esp at this stage in his career. Same reason I think Wandy wouldn't beat Machida, not that he couldn't beat either guy, just that he'd prob'ly lose both fights.

Post #10   7/28/08 4:38:55PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

If they had a child they could name it Wanderson Silva

Post #11   7/28/08 4:55:55PM