Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

KIMBO who is NEXT ?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,582-968
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Oct 4. Maybe Rogers, tho as has been mentioned they don't want a real tough guy. So I'm guessing Eilers, like rabbit

Eilers is a tougher fight than Rogers.

Kimbo hasn't been fed cans given his level of experience fighting and training in MMA and the fact that he doesn't have any notable experience in any other combat sport (I'm not counting bareknuckle backyard fighting). Fighting guys with roughly even win-loss records who have 20-30 fights experience is a tall order for a guy's first three fights.

Post #16   7/29/08 3:52:42PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Posted by JimiMak

Oct 4. Maybe Rogers, tho as has been mentioned they don't want a real tough guy. So I'm guessing Eilers, like rabbit

Eilers is a tougher fight than Rogers.

Kimbo hasn't been fed cans given his level of experience fighting and training in MMA and the fact that he doesn't have any notable experience in any other combat sport (I'm not counting bareknuckle backyard fighting). Fighting guys with roughly even win-loss records who have 20-30 fights experience is a tall order for a guy's first three fights.

I agree with all the points made.

My only thing is that they've made him the face of an organization which has better fighters in it. (Eilers, Rogers, Antonio Silva) EliteXC got scared by the JT fight, and in my opinion it shows in their most recent broadcast. I think they try to build him back up with a huge KO over a tomato can.

I used to be a Kimbo supporter in the sense that it wasn't his fault he was being made huge by his promoters. When all the antics went down at the press conference after his fight with JT I lost some respect for him. (For Rogers, too)

Post #17   7/29/08 6:58:02PM   

chris91301

MMA Regular

Career:15-6
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
this isnt exactly on topic, but kimbo is horrible. i know its just my opinion, but his ground game with james thompson was painful to watch, i quit watching halfway through round 2 to go do something more exciting like doing laundry.

Post #18   7/31/08 1:46:50AM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:2,873-1,631
Camp: TKO
Chips:
ron waterman or brett rogers

Post #19   7/31/08 3:15:15AM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
I'm almost positive his next fight will be Brett Rogers, and I hope Rogers destroys him, I hate KIMBO

Post #20   7/31/08 12:54:13PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2