Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Donald Trump: "We have finalized the second fight card"

Print  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

Interview with Donald trump, talks about Fedor and next affliction shows!

Post #1   7/24/08 2:17:54PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Trump seems very "politically correct"

No favorite fight etc. But he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I was hearin him after he found out that they didnt break 250 000 buys, and sounded even more hungry to get another show goin.

His fighter payrolls definitely sent a message. If u fight with Affliction, We will make u Millions.

Post #2   7/24/08 2:30:16PM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,391-816
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Trump seems very "politically correct"

No favorite fight etc. But he sounds like he knows what he is doing. I was hearin him after he found out that they didnt break 250 000 buys, and sounded even more hungry to get another show goin.

His fighter payrolls definitely sent a message. If u fight with Affliction, We will make u Millions.

Don't quite agree with your last quote as Tom A. has specifically stated in a couple interviews that Affliction will need to button down expenses next time around. I really think that Afflication overpaid the fighters as a warning shot at the UFC. However, I can't imagine that they will continue to pay their fighters excessive salaries and break even (or barely earn a profit) at their events.

Post #3   7/24/08 2:49:50PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
You have to love The Trump lol

Post #4   7/24/08 4:50:02PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got someone writing down what he has to say in interviews like this. Before Trump bought into MMA you never heard of him being a fan. As for him saying there going to compete with the UFC. I wouldn't mind it. But, I"m going to have to see it to believe it. Especially after those outragous salaries for there first event.

Post #5   7/24/08 5:21:49PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
So do you guys think it's a toupee or just a well manicured comb over? I'm just curious.

Post #6   7/25/08 3:48:30AM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by whardin19

Trump doesn't know what he's talking about. He's got someone writing down what he has to say in interviews like this. Before Trump bought into MMA you never heard of him being a fan. As for him saying there going to compete with the UFC. I wouldn't mind it. But, I"m going to have to see it to believe it. Especially after those outragous salaries for there first event.

I doubt a successfull businessman like Trump would require any assistance with interviews.

He has probably been in many high pressure business meetings were one wrong word can lose you the deal.

Post #7   7/25/08 8:20:03AM