Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Has the UFC ALREADY acquired the IFL's Assets?

Print  
Posted By Message

JimmieDD

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
http://www.mmatraining.com/featured/has-the-ufc-already-acquired-the-ifls-assets/

Interesteing read here. If true, does the IFL have anyone worthy of fighting in the UFC?

Post #1   7/23/08 7:52:47AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

Interesteing read here. If true, does the IFL have anyone worthy of fighting in the UFC?

They have more than a handful of guys worthy of fighting in the the UFC (Hordeski, Mateshenko, I know I'm butchering the spelling). But I'm not certain that they have anyone- at any weight division who can challenge belt holder.

I like the thought of Big Country Nelson banging with Tim Botsch in the near future though. No real implications for the winner of that fight, but they should make it happen anyway. I also think that the Heavyweight division probably stands to get a little boost from this because it's the thinest division in the UFC.

Every other division is pretty set right now, and I think that adding to the pool of fighters does little more then muddy the waters a bit.

Last edited 7/23/08 8:03AM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/23/08 8:02:28AM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,397-1,758
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Definately not, You can't have the IFL and not bring back Vlady.

I'd also like to see Hieron back to

Post #3   7/23/08 8:20:38AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
They've got plenty of guys who could fight in UFC although it seems some of the better ones have gone elsewhere for now (Horodceki to DREAM-at least for the Gomi fight, Rothwell to Affliction) but there are still several others-Markham of course, Hieron, Heleno, Palazewski, and probably several others.

Edit: And of course they have some Featherweights that could be used to pad the ranks in WEC.

Last edited 7/23/08 8:26AM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   7/23/08 8:25:21AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is exactly what crossed my mind this past weekend when I saw IFL footage in the opening HL clip...it's also got to make ya wonder if all of those contract releases were to make room for some new contracts.

Post #5   7/23/08 10:24:52AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Grappler- thats got to be one of the funniest Av's that I've seen yet. Nicely done

Post #6   7/23/08 12:24:04PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
vlady, hieron, and heleno

Post #7   7/23/08 12:46:11PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
There is a lot of talent in the IFL. I'd love to see what Roy can do in the UFC. I still think he beat rothwell. It's to bad though I wish the IFL could have lasted. The more organizations the better IMO.

Post #8   7/23/08 1:14:34PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For the lazy guys like me LINK

Post #9   7/23/08 3:40:18PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,174-1,480
Chips:
I agree with grappler0000, the IFL highlights of Reese Andy and Rory Markham made me think.
The UFC only shows highlights from company they own...UFC, WEC and Pride.
Not sure what happened but....I will guess that something did.
I really like the fact that some IFL talent is heading to the UFC.
I am a fan of several IFL fighters....not to mention it is a good gauge or test to see how good the IFL fighters are in comparison.
I would love to see what Horodecki and Bartimus could do against the UFC lightweights, or how Matyushenko would do back in the UFC again.

Post #10   7/23/08 7:55:42PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
the ufc is the top of the food chain but there are plenty of guys in just about every major org that could compete in the ufc. many of the guys from the ifl who have already faught had good showings and some had wins. im so sick of the marketing that feeds us a warped since of reality as for fighter rankings and how the ufc guys are so much better. its no wonder that the ultimate fighter stars are now the stars of the ufc. they get these guys on the show lock them up in long term deals while there unproven or unknown give them exposure and then market the hell out of them while management counts the money. its a smart business move but im not drinking the cool-aid that dana is serving. no matter who the hw champ is the best in the world is fedor and only big nog is top 5 from the ufc. there are alot of top fighters not in the ufc but we still get poeple saying things like are there any guys from this org or that org that are worthy to be in the ufc. hell dana gets 16 guys off the street puts them in a house makes them fight for a show and 75% of them are force feed to us on ppv events. many are now the best...lol

Post #11   7/23/08 8:16:46PM