Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I hate to see a Fedor - Randy Fight

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
On paper Fedor destroys everyone. Does this mean he should not fight cuz noone deserves the shot? of course not.

If Randy is really your fav, why wouldn't you want to see him fight the best in the world? win or loss shouldn't matter quite as much as seeing the fight.

There is a certain "pain" when my fav guys lose, but it almost impresses me more to see someone destroy my fav (I got into Wandy after the first Saku match, for example)

Post #16   7/23/08 9:17:03PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Randy is a legend in the sport, and is known for his great gameplan. He had a plan against Sylvia he believed would work, and executed it to perfection. I think that he will have a plan in the works against Fedor. The problem is I don't think Randy has ever fought anyone quite as dynamic as Fedor. I think alot of times people find ways that Fedor will lose, but it doesn't happen becuase Fedor can win in so many different ways that one gameplan won't work with him.

Post #17   7/23/08 11:51:55PM   

jkdskinhead

MMA Regular

jkdskinhead Avatar

Career:619-470
Camp: The Firm
Chips:
Is no one going to mention that Randy is 16-8? That means for every two fights the dude wins, he losses one. Fedor is 28-1, with his one and only loss, being controversial and avenged. Not only does Fedor's record blow Randys away, Fedor also had the stiffer competition. Randy cant even hold his own in LHW devision, what makes anyone think he can hold his own against a guy like Fedor?

Randy is a great guy, and a great athlete, but if you fallow his career, watched all his fights, you clearly see Fedor is the major major favorite here. Sure Randy has a shot at the win, but its not very likely.. anyone that says otherwise, its clearly hugging on Randy.. its all there plain as day.

Josh would certainly be a harder fight for Fedor.

Last edited 7/24/08 1:58AM server time by jkdskinhead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   7/24/08 1:55:53AM   

smky213

Learning to Sprawl

Career:463-327
Chips:
why cant people just accept that fedeor will wreck ranndy. i heldf a little hope waiting to see what tim could do but the man is just leaps and bounds above anyone out there. there is no one who could eeven challenge fedor the man is a fraek .

Post #19   7/24/08 9:57:33AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Fedor VS Couture would be an amazing fight to see.Though I wonder if it would hurt the sport more than it would help it.I mean think of it this way,I am willing to bet if Fedor and Couture got to meet eachother in the ring,both guys would easily make over 1 million dollars for that fight.That might seem like a good thing,but once other fighters see guys like Couture and Fedor making that much,it would only be a matter of time before the rest of the top talent flocked that way.That could lead to "easy" fights to build fighters name more than their actual skill,etc.

I know this is more like a "what if" scenario,but has anyone else thought of the consequences like that?

Post #20   7/24/08 6:37:19PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
Would you rather he fought nog? He's losing either way. I think randy will retire in the ufc. After the forest page fight randy was shown on camera for the first time in many months, standing next to dana white ffs. I think they are patching it up. fedor would destroy randy.

Post #21   7/25/08 12:01:33AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:

Posted by jkdskinhead

Is no one going to mention that Randy is 16-8? That means for every two fights the dude wins, he losses one. Fedor is 28-1, with his one and only loss, being controversial and avenged. Not only does Fedor's record blow Randys away, Fedor also had the stiffer competition. Randy cant even hold his own in LHW devision, what makes anyone think he can hold his own against a guy like Fedor?

Randy is a great guy, and a great athlete, but if you fallow his career, watched all his fights, you clearly see Fedor is the major major favorite here. Sure Randy has a shot at the win, but its not very likely.. anyone that says otherwise, its clearly hugging on Randy.. its all there plain as day.

Josh would certainly be a harder fight for Fedor.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Randy compiled his record against far tougher competition than Fedor.

Post #22   7/25/08 3:27:55AM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:
^^^ I think you are alone brother ^^^

jkdskinhead is right on the money

Post #23   7/25/08 11:06:06AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by billycarnage

^^^ I think you are alone brother ^^^

jkdskinhead is right on the money

I agree.I say Fedor has fought tougher competition,and has looked better in winning than Randy has.

Post #24   7/26/08 12:13:52AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
If this fight happens before Randy is 50, Than I take Randy, but its takin too long! He can only get older!

Post #25   7/26/08 4:14:13AM   

Shoppe

Learning to Sprawl

Career:682-352
Chips:

Posted by IriShame

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that Randy compiled his record against far tougher competition than Fedor.

Really... looking at both their record, I can't see how anyone could think that, but I would gladly hear why you think that.

Because as I see it, the only impressive thing I see on his record are his fights againts Barnett, Rizzo and Ricco. Other than that, he's fighting some mediocre HWs or getting his ass kicked at light HW.

Anyways, when it comes to the fight between him and Fedor, with Randy lacking ko power and the sub skills to sub Fedor, I see it as a fight were Fedor has plenty of time to end it by sub.

Post #26   7/27/08 5:21:28PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Its captain american bitches....enough said.

Post #27   9/3/08 1:38:49AM   

Mungooch

banned

Mungooch Avatar

Career:313-193
Chips:
Anderson should fight Fedor. I am not really a huge fan of either but they are the best going around let them go at it.

Post #28   9/3/08 6:53:32AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i still think fedor is theultimate over mma..

lets see waht game plane couture can come up with

Post #29   9/9/08 11:18:28PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,510-938
Chips:
Is Randy really a god of gameplanning? If so, then why is his record prior to decisioning an injured Tim Sylvia and beating an over-hyped Gabe Gonzaga via broken-nose-on-takedown so mediocre? Loss to Ricco Rodriguez, loss to Barnett, 2 losses to Liddell, and even a loss to "Vitor of Old" (even though Belfort lucked out on that one, I'll admit).

"He's been a champion so many times though!"

He's also lost a championship so many times, and the UFC has been incredibly generous in giving him title shots of some sort for nearly every fight he's had.

Personally I'd like to see Couture beat Big Nog before even mentioning the "F" word.

Post #30   9/10/08 2:04:33AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3