Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

next batman villain?

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by Jackelope
If Angelina Jolie plays catwoman you can say goodbye to this series. Michelle Pfieffer (sp?) was a big name that played a good catwoman, but Angelina Jolie never will. The role of catwoman requires cockiness and weakness in a woman- something I've never seen Angelina Jolie play a part that convinced me she could be. She's too full of herself and surrounded by mystique, so she's got the cockiness down but I've never seen the weakness.

I think the Riddler is a good choice, but not some gay ass goofy happy riddler. It needs to be dark like it has been with the past 2 movies. Give the riddler a truly sadistic evil genius edge and you've got something going.

Catwoman shouldnt be in there at all and the riddler should be like a serial killer and not what jim carey did. He should want to be Batman's intellectual equal.

Exactly, you've got to play up the intellectual battle between the two to make it a good show IMO. Riddler obviously doesn't pose any physical threat to Batman. The serial killer angle is good, but it should be serial killer type almost like the dude from the SAW series. You know, give a way out if Batman or the victim can outsmart riddler. Which of course they rarely do

Yea, a saw like aspect to Riddler is pretty much dead on to what we will prob see. Kinda like when joker had the video camera and was talking to the impersonator batman. A guy like that to put fear into gotham city and force Batman to use all the technology and wit he has to stop riddler.

As for peguin being in The Dark Knight. I dont really believe that but who knows. This is the kind of movie where you need to see multiple times to catch things. Cant wait for it to come out on DVD.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #46   7/28/08 2:08:30AM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
yea i could see them doing that. it's gonna be hard to top the joker holding two boats hostage like he did. idk maybe the riddler will capture gordon or someone.

Post #47   7/28/08 5:07:16PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
definetly gunna be two-face, if not him than the riddler but I c them going with two-face

Post #48   7/28/08 6:21:24PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

definetly gunna be two-face, if not him than the riddler but I c them going with two-face

I had high hopes for two-face, but they didn't play him right IMO. They got the emotional turmoil correct, but the actor playing him just didn't seem to fit. He was amazing playing the part of Harvey Dent, but once the character's inner turmoil came to the forefront I think he was weak. This could have been bad writing, but it also could have been poor execution. I'm going with execution being the major blame since with the writing they touched on his emotional turmoil.

Looks wise what killed it for me first was the blond hair, next with the being too short/small, and last with the cheesy look of the "two-face" They had the mouth part right, but the burns being PERFECTLY symmetrical was a little stupid and so was the exposure of the eye. In my opinion they've gone to great lengths to make things scientifically explainable in this series and while they addressed half his face getting burnt properly (laying halfway in the fuel) the makeup outcome didn't work out too well.

Compare this to the joker character who was written fantastically and performed fantastically. Not to mention the fact that the makeup for Joker was absolutely phenomenal.

Post #49   7/28/08 7:42:04PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
As for Penguin-

Penguin could be a good character as was already mentioned. This is another intelligent character (albeit nowhere near on the level of Joker or Riddler's intelligence) with deep emotional turmoil being the motivator for his crimes. The advantage Penguin has over Joker and Riddler is his pure hatred for society. It's an interesting story line with Penguin because he craves the acceptance of society more than anything else, and yet he craves the destruction of society nearly as much.

Playing the angle of his affinity with Penguins based on his own physical deforimities making himself look similar to them is only half the real story. It's also the community of Penguins and how they react with one another. He wants to feel one with society where they're all "black and white" and everyone is accepted equally. If this psychological battle is portrayed in the correct light it makes for a great story. This new series has really been all about psychological disorders and I don't see how a maniacal freak like Penguin with such an oxymoronical view on society wouldn't be pure gold.

Batman's inner good could also be played up by demonstrating his own affinity with the Penguin. They're both anomalies of the society we live in, and in my opinion a good portrayal between the two characters shows that in a way Batman feels sorry for Penguin. Penguin is like a reality check for Bruce Wayne to make sure he doesn't fall too deeply into his own emotional "cave" he has created in the Batman. It shows him how distancing himself from society can create a monster.

I could go on for days. Point is- this series will continue to do well if they leave out Robin, hire a better looking love interest for Batman, and base most of the script on the underlying psychological disorders all of these characters (including Bruce Wayne) have. Because believe it or not, that's what is making you, me and the rest of the world watching these movies fall in love with them.

Post #50   7/28/08 7:50:32PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Chips:
def i could see them using penguin in that manner even though they said it was unlikley they were going to use him. i think the riddler with penguin as a co villian would make for a great sequal. along with batmans need for exceptance in a society that has turned against him. i already can't wait to see what nolan does.

Post #51   7/29/08 12:46:51AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope
I could go on for days. Point is- this series will continue to do well if they leave out Robin, hire a better looking love interest for Batman, and base most of the script on the underlying psychological disorders all of these characters (including Bruce Wayne) have. Because believe it or not, that's what is making you, me and the rest of the world watching these movies fall in love with them.

Exactly. This is also hwoever the same reason why I dont like Mad Hatter to much. He pretty much is a clone of joker. All he wants is for ppl to die and chaos to roam. He has no goals other than this.

Riddler provides a more dark idea. Unlike Joker, this man is argueably sane. He is willing to torture and kill all for attention from the media and to be noticed. He is like the quiet guy in your office than you would never know is a serial killer. Though pushed around in everyday life, he sets out to prove to the world he is more than what people think and what better than to prove he outwits Batman.

To me, Riddler is a must for the next movie. He is too good to pass down and if they focus on the man behide the Riddler, this could become a very scary and disturbing film to the levels humanity can fall too

Post #52   7/29/08 1:17:23AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by bigbubbano23

def i could see them using penguin in that manner even though they said it was unlikley they were going to use him. i think the riddler with penguin as a co villian would make for a great sequal. along with batmans need for exceptance in a society that has turned against him. i already can't wait to see what nolan does.

I like the way Jakolope said for penguin too. While the Riddlers murders begin to get to Batman, what would happen if he happened to find Peguin and almost lose all control when confronting him. Peguin could be a catylst to showing Batman's struggle between staying to his code of justice and taking out revenge on his rivals.

Great plot if Peguin can be fit into the next one for a smaller spot.

Post #53   7/29/08 1:21:58AM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Chips:

Post #54   7/29/08 4:17:10PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by Jackelope

Exactly. This is also hwoever the same reason why I dont like Mad Hatter to much. He pretty much is a clone of joker. All he wants is for ppl to die and chaos to roam. He has no goals other than this.

Riddler provides a more dark idea. Unlike Joker, this man is argueably sane. He is willing to torture and kill all for attention from the media and to be noticed. He is like the quiet guy in your office than you would never know is a serial killer. Though pushed around in everyday life, he sets out to prove to the world he is more than what people think and what better than to prove he outwits Batman.

To me, Riddler is a must for the next movie. He is too good to pass down and if they focus on the man behide the Riddler, this could become a very scary and disturbing film to the levels humanity can fall too

Honestly I don't know much about the Riddler. I think I'll go read up on him. It's my understanding that he's a bit off his rocker and that in regards to his intelligence he's a total egomaniac. I could be overlooking the potential for a great movie with him in it.

Post #55   7/29/08 6:54:31PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
No one can play the Riddler better than Jim Carry. i wouldn't want to see a movie with the riddler in it if Jim Carry isn't starring. i say make the next movie with Everywhere man and Bane...i think those two would make a good movie.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #56   7/29/08 7:14:54PM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

No one can play the Riddler better than Jim Carry. i wouldn't want to see a movie with the riddler in it if Jim Carry isn't starring. i say make the next movie with Everywhere man and Bane...i think those two would make a good movie.

Jim Carry did a good job..... But...... In the movie I didn't see the riddler I saw Jim Carry.... if you know what I mean. Basically Jim Carry was acting like any other movie hes been in before that. I think Christopher Nolan can give an evil, dark spin to the Riddler. Make him less like Jim Carry and more like the maniac that he really is.

Post #57   7/29/08 9:47:13PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cladrix

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Jim Carry did a good job..... But...... In the movie I didn't see the riddler I saw Jim Carry.... if you know what I mean. Basically Jim Carry was acting like any other movie hes been in before that. I think Christopher Nolan can give an evil, dark spin to the Riddler. Make him less like Jim Carry and more like the maniac that he really is.

Thats why it sucks to higher big names for films like this. People focus on the actor rather than the character. Heath never left me seeing him but only the joker in THe Dark Knight and it was a great performance

Post #58   7/29/08 10:50:55PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4