Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DREAM - Worthy of Primary League status now?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,035-1,142
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

So, basically...we're still about a year away from another org being added to the Primary league? Certainly Affliction won't be added without 3 or 4 events (at the very least) under their belts. Will they?

I meen, affliction was GOOD, but NOT GREAT imo. Lots of fights were boring, I had both fight night and banned running and repeatedly found myself concentrating on the UFC. You said it best though, wait for 3 or 4 more ppvs and see what happens. As for EXC the card rocks for the first 2 weeks, then it crumbles into pieces with half of fighters being replaced, imo shouldnt even be in the 2ndary league, very inconsistent and never even that entertaining. As for WEC well as Svatorm said, it's more of a popularity issue than anything else, I actually enjoyed pretty much every WEC event I watched up to date. Personally i enjoyed Dream 5 more than affliction. And well theres no real sign of Dream slowing down either. With all the GP's and shit... and I gotta admit at first i was kind of on the fence with the whole dream hype, but after those last 3 ppvs or I'm definitely a believer. I hope the next Dream event will be as crazy as the last ones. IMO dream should be added to the primary league.

Last edited 7/23/08 9:50AM server time by D0wnUnd6e6r
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #31   7/23/08 9:41:26AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,924-1,132
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Another to take into consideration is your non usa members. Unfortunately the only live MMA we get is the UFC.

I think for now UFC should be the only one in the primary league.

Other then the Affliction event on most other cards you might know the fighters in 3/4 fights but the rest of the card is fighters you know very little about.

Post #32   7/27/08 1:10:57PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by joshryanshepherd

If Affliction plans to keep their Fight Organization up and running, i think that'll be the first org to be moved from secondary to primary. everything seemed a little off with affliction though...like the weigh-ins, those were a mess. But the fights and the fighters were top notch.

and it would be ridiculous if Dream AND Affliction were kept in the secondary league and seeing the likes of Fedor, Barnett, Aleks, CroCop, Lindland, Rizzo, Sylvia and Aoki in the Secondaries...

They won't be kept in the Secondary League if they run like a professional league. It's just crazy to announce fights the day of the weigh in. Sorry, but that's not professional.

We dropped Cage Rage because it was just getting to crazy with them.

And it was making my score suck

Last edited 7/29/08 4:30PM server time by Kracker_Jap
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   7/29/08 4:29:57PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3