Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DREAM - Worthy of Primary League status now?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dream's hosted 5 events now. Is there any chance we'll be seeing it as part of the Primary league anytime soon?

Please? I love you.

Last edited 7/21/08 1:17PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/21/08 1:13:03PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i think they should be......last night IMO was better than banned & thats w/ diaz/sakurai, kang, kid & crocop

Post #2   7/21/08 1:14:58PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:
I pretty much agree...

The only problem I see is that the cards have been pretty unstable. A lot of fights scratched/switched... a lot of fights added practically during weigh ins. I think the main thing the site is looking for is stable cards for the primary league. As of right now, it would be hard to keep up with all of the changes.

Post #3   7/21/08 1:17:44PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I have to disagree. Every show they put on seems to have at least 2 late editions which the mods dont have to time to put on the card, and even if they did to many people would miss picks becouse of the short notice. That usually leaves us with like 6-7 picks to make which hardly seems worth it.

Id rather see the WEC in the primary league than dream.

Post #4   7/21/08 1:17:45PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I have to disagree. Every show they put on seems to have at least 2 late editions which the mods dont have to time to put on the card, and even if they did to many people would miss picks becouse of the short notice. That usually leaves us with like 6-7 picks to make which hardly seems worth it.

We must have posted at the same time!!

I like the idea of the WEC though

Post #5   7/21/08 1:18:44PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

I'd be okay with that, too. The Primary league needs SOMETHING, though.

So, I take it I'm not the only one who failed to make picks for all of the DREAM fights? I think I picked 7 fights and when I was reading the results, I was like, "What the hell? That fight wasn't listed when I made my picks!"

Post #6   7/21/08 1:19:59PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
I think they should be, and about the late additions, they're no worse than Pride was, the mods just gotta be on their toes

but i agree, the primary league needs something besides the UFC, we need another org to be included so that us that watch other orgs have our times to shine, not just people that watch UFC only.

Last edited 7/21/08 1:25PM server time by juanez13
2 total post edits

Post #7   7/21/08 1:21:16PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Yeah i only made 7 picks, but one of the mods said earlier they didnt put the other 2 fights up becouse they where made after the cut off point which is like 12 hours before the event. I agree with the princible though, itd be nice to have something else to pick.

Like npayant said though, dream just seems to be a little to unstable. I guess pride was kind of the same deal though sometimes so who knows.

Edit - Ha, second time somebodies just beat me to the post

Last edited 7/21/08 1:22PM server time by aaronno9

Post #8   7/21/08 1:22:03PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
I'd like to say yes, but given what happened in the couple weeks leading up to today's card, no.

but i agree, the primary league needs something besides the UFC, we need another org to be included so that us that watch other orgs have our times to shine, not just people that watch UFC only.

I've said it before about this and I'll say it again...WEC.

Post #9   7/21/08 1:31:14PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,857-1,079
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
WEC would be a good addition

Post #10   7/21/08 2:13:27PM   

Evilwig

MMA Regular

Evilwig Avatar

Career:847-550
Chips:
yep WEC should be the one added and think it has a bigger audience than dream.

You people don't know what the truth is! It's there, just under their bullshit, but you never look! That's what I hate most about this fucking city -- lies are news and the truth is obsolete! - Spider Jerusalem

Post #11   7/21/08 2:18:25PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
If Affliction plans to keep their Fight Organization up and running, i think that'll be the first org to be moved from secondary to primary. everything seemed a little off with affliction though...like the weigh-ins, those were a mess. But the fights and the fighters were top notch.

and it would be ridiculous if Dream AND Affliction were kept in the secondary league and seeing the likes of Fedor, Barnett, Aleks, CroCop, Lindland, Rizzo, Sylvia and Aoki in the Secondaries...

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #12   7/21/08 3:05:19PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by joshryanshepherd

If Affliction plans to keep their Fight Organization up and running, i think that'll be the first org to be moved from secondary to primary. everything seemed a little off with affliction though...like the weigh-ins, those were a mess. But the fights and the fighters were top notch.

and it would be ridiculous if Dream AND Affliction were kept in the secondary league and seeing the likes of Fedor, Barnett, Aleks, CroCop, Lindland, Rizzo, Sylvia and Aoki in the Secondaries...

They won't be kept in the Secondary League if they run like a professional league. It's just crazy to announce fights the day of the weigh in. Sorry, but that's not professional.

Affliction has to keep it up and not say, "We'll do 3 fights and go from there." If they're in it for the long haul something might happen. We dropped Cage Rage because it was just getting to crazy with them.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #13   7/21/08 3:08:36PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Some good points on either side. Personally I'd like to see Dream in the primary league. Right now it might as well be called the UFC league.

Then again, it's just a game so it really doesn't matter

Post #14   7/21/08 3:09:50PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Dream definitely needs to lay off the late additions and scraped fights before they're added.

If Affliction consistantly puts on cards of that quality, I'm sure they'll be there in no time. They had one fight not go down because of something out of their control, and they found a decent replacement to boot.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #15   7/21/08 4:13:17PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3