Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joe Riggs fighting just to fight

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
For some fighters, rebounding from a loss can prove to be a difficult proposition. For Joe Riggs (27-10 MMA), just getting a fight to put himself on that comeback trail has proved to be an even bigger challenge.

The Arizona native, who has seen his last five scheduled bouts fall apart, discussed his frustration about not being able to "provide for his family" while a recent in-studio guest of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Riggs most recent challenge was being denied licensure for a scheduled bout on the undercard of "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson" after admitting to taking the prescription pain medication Tramadol, which the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) classifies as a blood thinner.

LINK

Post #1   7/21/08 3:06:25AM   

LegacyMMA

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I cant blame him even when you know you not quite good enough to get the title you still gotta work.

Post #2   7/22/08 9:46:46PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I feel for this guy. He's been through a rough time in life the last year. I hope he gets back in the ring soon and gets a win he deserves it.

Post #3   7/22/08 10:48:28PM