Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anyone nervous about Irvin-Silva

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Personally, i feel this decision to put together a rush job UFC card to compete on ppv the same night as affliction is a stupid move by dana and could potentially make the UFC a laughing stock, if the current best UFC P4P champ gets ko'd by a non ranked LHW. I like silva, he is a great champ and a very respectful man. But irvin will go for broke, if he ko's silva, OMG the shit will hit the fan. I have predicted silva to win in the 1st round but i would love to have irvin prove my bet wrong with an upset.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   7/18/08 6:04:43PM   

Quasar

Banned

Career:46-17
Chips:

Posted by BigDouchin

I just noticed that Silva looked very slow in his training videos and Irvin looked much bigger, does anyone else think that Silva's going to have a tough time with irvin? Irvin has been the underdog time and time again and put on dazzling knockouts in seconds. For example, Houston Alexander, who had a tough loss before Irvin but is still one of the best P4P fighters around, It only took Irvin EIGHT seconds to knock him out!! I think that Irvin is going to take it to silva and pose a very big threat if silva takes him lightly

what a shock your banned already thats gotta be a record, 4 posts

Post #17   7/18/08 6:06:04PM   

Poohbah

MMA Regular

Poohbah Avatar

Career:442-263
Camp: Super Tuesday
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

honestly, i get nervous during all big fights

I thought it was just me! I get all tingly when the adrenaline starts flooding. Has to be a big, meaningful match. Chuck/Tito and Couture/Timmy for example.

Post #18   7/18/08 6:20:21PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Even though I'm a fan of Silva and not really a fan of Irvin's, I want Irvin to win. Reason? I'm bored of watching Silva win all the time.

Post #19   7/18/08 6:31:58PM   

Korsakov

Learning to Sprawl

Career:76-42
Camp: Team Hughes
Chips:
um, no offense to irvin but he is one of the worst fighters in the UFC.

he has a puncher's chance + weight advatange so he could pull the upset. with that said, anderson will win.

Last edited 7/18/08 6:40PM server time by korsakov
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   7/18/08 6:39:36PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

honestly, i get nervous during all big fights

Same here, but I am an absolute wreck when GSP fights. I will have big nerves going on when Fedor and Tim are looking across the ring at each other.

Post #21   7/18/08 8:56:31PM   

MuSh

Learning to Sprawl

Career:28-18
Chips:
silva been one of my favorite fighters to watch for a while now but for some reason i've also been hoping for irvin to KO silva. that would be awsome. i'm a little nervous cuz irvin came in at 207.5lb and needed to cut more weight. i'm thinking this could affect him in the fight and he doesnt need anything going against him when fighting someone like silva.

irvin does have some nice highlight reel KOs but i dont think he is that great of a fighter. either way i'm roooting for the upset...

Post #22   7/19/08 10:53:50AM   

Meg

I need a rising sound.

Meg Avatar

Career:271-178
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by JBatch
Same here, but I am an absolute wreck when GSP fights.

Oh yeah I definitely feel that.

Can't say I'm nervous tonight. "Stoked" may be a better term to use here. I thoroughly enjoy the events that I don't freak the F out over.

Post #23   7/19/08 11:14:41AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Korsakov

um, no offense to irvin but he is one of the worst fighters in the UFC.

ummm, Terry Martin and Houston Alexander would have to disagree. He lacks a good ground game but his strikes are powerful and accurate(when hes not brawling anyways) and at any time in this fight Silva could get KTFO.

Post #24   7/19/08 11:25:21AM   

blkssncpt

MMA Regular

Career:434-334
Chips:
well i've been a fan of Irvin's for a while and i have never counted him out and i wont do it now even against the #1 P4P fighter. Anderson is way more technical(sp) and even tho his pounches dont look to have much power behind them becuase he's so technical he puts them where thier suppose to land and they connect with great power behind them. but as mentioned before Irvin has nothing to lose and Anderson has everything to lose. Irvin has good crisp strikes with rediculous power behind all of them and everyone underestimates has striking abilities. i have faith that Irvin's strikes and power will keep Anderson away and will make him really think before he comes in on Irvin. also i think when Irvin connects on Anderson he will be hit and stay hit, i dont think he will recover that fast. anyways NO im not vervous about tonite, i know Irvin is gonna come out and out a great show and so will Silva.

sorry for the rant.

WAR SANDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

-Rob

Post #25   7/19/08 12:42:18PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2