Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

From Surviving the Streets of Russia to MMA: The Story of Aleksander Emelianenko, Part 1

Print  
Posted By Message

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
by Evgeni Kogan

"I'm ready. It doesn't matter with who or where. On foot or on horseback. With maces or poleaxes. To fight. To first blood or to death. It doesn't matter, I'm ready to fight." -- Aleksander Emelianenko (Pictures)

Living in the shadow of a big brother isn't easy.

When you are in the same profession and he's more accomplished and better known, it's hard to stand in the spotlight unobstructed, as your own man. Side by side, the achievements that you've worked your whole life for, that you've gone through hell for in order to become a better person are less dazzling, less impressive when compared to his. You have less say in your fighting future, less media attention when he's caught in a perpetual avalanche of flash bulbs and microphones. You're fighting on the televised undercard when he's headlining the pay-per-view.

interview

Dude is so russian

Last edited 7/17/08 1:33AM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/17/08 1:15:51AM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
I read this earlier today, and it was a good read. Can't wait for Part 2.

Post #2   7/17/08 1:46:05AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Where's the emoticon for wanting to shoot yourself. That's what I wanted to do two questions into the interview.

Post #3   7/17/08 9:54:48AM