Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anybody else think Fedor is going to lose?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Let me start off by saying Fedor has always had problems with bigger, stronger fighters.. we all know he was razor close to losing when Fujita cracked him back in the Pride days and we also know that Cro Cop stunned him with a straight left.. Randleman also almost beat him with that fatal looking supplex..

I think its safe to say that Fedor's chin is a little bit suspect.. and with the big reach and power of big Tim I just have a feeling that Fedor is going to lose by KO...

Fedor needs to get this fight to the ground fast, and he has real good takedowns to do so.. but I see Sylvia coming out banging right from the start.. I cant wait to see this half of me thinks Fedor will win by submission but the other more conscious half see's Sylvia winning by early KO...

Remember where you heard it first... Tim Sylvia by early round 1 KNOCKOUT... muahahahahah!!

Post #1   7/17/08 1:09:40AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,702-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
No, not at all, He destroyed Semmy and he has better Striking and Better All Around MMA Skills, once Fedor gets the Clinch he Throw Tim to the Ground. There's no way Fedor's Chin is Suspect, getting Cracked by a Flush Punch by Fujita straight on the temple would knock anybody else out. And there's no other Fights that Fedor has been hurt in. The Randle Plex was really nothing, Fedor wasn't even hurt, on the Ground Tim has nothing. Fedor kept on shrugging off Submission Attempts from Nog so that's not a Problem. And Fedor is a lot Faster on the Feet with Better Foot Work which will keep him from getting hurt. He's the only Fighter that can out Strike a Striker and out Grapple a Grappler and in a sense, out Wrestle a Wrestler.

Post #2   7/17/08 1:50:13AM   

DiabloFreak56

Standup Guy

DiabloFreak56 Avatar

Career:866-586
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Let me start off by saying Fedor has always had problems with bigger, stronger fighters.. we all know he was razor close to losing when Fujita cracked him back in the Pride days and we also know that Cro Cop stunned him with a straight left.. Randleman also almost beat him with that fatal looking supplex..

I think its safe to say that Fedor's chin is a little bit suspect.. and with the big reach and power of big Tim I just have a feeling that Fedor is going to lose by KO...

Fedor needs to get this fight to the ground fast, and he has real good takedowns to do so.. but I see Sylvia coming out banging right from the start.. I cant wait to see this half of me thinks Fedor will win by submission but the other more conscious half see's Sylvia winning by early KO...

Remember where you heard it first... Tim Sylvia by early round 1 KNOCKOUT... muahahahahah!!

thats great and all but in every one of those "almost" moments your forgetting one thing.. who actually won the fight. fedor recovered and won every single one of those fights.. he should be able to beat tim by SUB. but who knows tim can try to bearhug him like he did to vera.

Post #3   7/17/08 2:02:04AM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

you realize Fujita, Cro Cop, and Randleman are in no way similar to Sylvia. Sylvia isn't going to Randleplex Fedor (Fedor also wasn't even phased by that), Sylvia isn't half the striker that Cro Cop is, and Fujita isn't the style of fighter that Sylvia is. I don't see how his chin is suspect especially seems how he recovered from that shot Fujita landed. The only way Sylvia is going to win this fight is if he gets a lucky cut on Fedor. This is going to end in the first round but not with that crappy lookign belt around Sylvias waist. It'll go a lot like the fight with Randy, overhand right fedor gets on top, pounds him a little bit, and then gets the arm bar. hopefully we can see some elbows from Fedor that would be cool. but yeah Fedor first round Sub

Post #4   7/17/08 2:11:16AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As I don't think Tim will walk over Fedor. I do think a lot of people aren't giving Tim the respect he deserves. He has the power to knock out almost anyone and Fedor is no exception to the rule.

Post #5   7/17/08 3:01:09AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,602-987
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
how can you say his chin is suspect when he easily recovered and won all of the aforementioned fights?
and as for having trouble with big fighters, he's fought (and dominated) people twice as heavy and/or a foot taller than him
tim is a good fighter but fedor's track record with fighters of similar makeup actually emboldens as opposed to detracts from his odds of winning

Post #6   7/17/08 3:37:58AM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Tim's a striong ounche but he's an arm puncher and doesn't use his hips. That might make KOing Fedor hard to do.

Post #7   7/17/08 1:46:25PM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by telnights

As I don't think Tim will walk over Fedor. I do think a lot of people aren't giving Tim the respect he deserves. He has the power to knock out almost anyone and Fedor is no exception to the rule.

Judging from the fight, people gave Tim TOO MUCH respect

He didn't even belong in there.

Post #8   7/20/08 1:37:45AM   

Purge

Standup Guy

Purge Avatar

Career:562-312
Chips:
The last emperor made Sylvia look like shit, a bet on Fedor is always a wise one.

Last edited 7/20/08 4:55AM server time by purge
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   7/20/08 4:54:52AM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
the fact that there is a gif of the entire fight says it all.

Post #10   7/20/08 11:32:44AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,958-1,117
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Well, you were right about early rnd 1.

Post #11   7/20/08 12:40:10PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:409-233
Chips:
That was so bad i was actually embarassed for Tim. He looked like he had no clue what to do.

Post #12   7/20/08 5:34:02PM   

reddevil

Learning to Sprawl

reddevil Avatar

Career:141-56
Chips:
It's clear to anyone who watched the fight that Fedor annihilated Tim. Nonetheless, to say that he doesn't belong in the ring with Fedor or that fans gave Tim too much respect going into this fight, would be ludicrous.

If anyone needs any reminder of Tim Sylvia's capabilities as a (still underrated) fighter, they should re-watch his bout with Rodrigo Nogueira, and not just look at the results in the fight finder. Tim Sylvia has the ability to defeat any HW in the world, but just had a bad night against a better fighter on Saturday.

Last edited 7/21/08 2:16PM server time by reddevil
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/21/08 2:15:41PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by reddevil

It's clear to anyone who watched the fight that Fedor annihilated Tim. Nonetheless, to say that he doesn't belong in the ring with Fedor or that fans gave Tim too much respect going into this fight, would be ludicrous.

If anyone needs any reminder of Tim Sylvia's capabilities as a (still underrated) fighter, they should re-watch his bout with Rodrigo Nogueira, and not just look at the results in the fight finder. Tim Sylvia has the ability to defeat any HW in the world, but just had a bad night against a better fighter on Saturday.

Pretty good post, but I disagree that Tim lost because he had a bad night. Fedor's style is perfect for beating someone like Tim. Tim's size and style works well against guys that base their game off of their shot (Monson, Nog) but not a "strike to clinch and take down" style like Fedor and Randy

Post #14   7/21/08 2:23:13PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
I realize this thread now looks worse than ever.. I apologize to Fedor for doubting him...

Actually if you check my picks I did pick Fedor to win, I just had a feeling his time was up and if there was anybody that was going to beat him I thought it would be Tim.. I was wrong.. what a fight!

Mad respect to Sylvia though for giving Fedor the respect he deserved and not creating any excuses in his post-fight interview..

Cant wait for the next affliction..

Post #15   7/21/08 4:43:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2