Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Quinton Jackon Arrest Video

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,385-791
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by scpd400

He knows what he's talking about. Don't feel sorry for Rampage he sounded like he was in his right mind to me. Maybe just maybe he needs God's help and he realizes it. I am behind you Rampage I hope your all right, but Griffin whooped ya and everyone knows it.

I guess you must have missed the thousands of pages of articles and debates about the fight because clearly you're 100% wrong.

I'm pretty sure actually that basically everyone who watched the fight including the people who think forrest won don't think that he "whooped him". I'm pretty sure that everyone except you was watching a pretty close fight that could've been called either way.

But if you want to substitute the words "I think" with the words "Everyone knows" I guess that's cool?

Exactly. I'd agree that his leg got whooped, but that's about it. I don't disagree with the outcome but it was really close and Rampages face was untouched.

He seemed pretty cheerful in the post-fight interview, it's too bad he couldn't maintain that attitude and get back to the gym.

Post #16   7/16/08 4:38:13PM   

The_hungry_lumberjack

MMA Regular

The_hungry_lumberjack Avatar

Career:263-169
Camp: Purebred Fight Team
Chips:
Wow, that was pretty sad. I feel really bad for Rampage with whatever he's going through. He seems like he's lost when he talks. I hope he has someone to help him get through this.

Post #17   7/16/08 5:40:52PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
This interview is just typical Rampage jargan.....He always mumbles and fumbles his words and talks about nonsense.....

Last edited 7/16/08 5:48PM server time by wrona666
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #18   7/16/08 5:46:57PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
yeah we're not "all behind him" I wish him the best in recovering from whatever demons that are in his head but I'm still glad Forrest won I mean not gonna change my mind about that just cause jackson is a mess now, sorry welcome to the real world where sometimes you lose.

Post #19   7/16/08 6:15:01PM   

mizike

Learning to Sprawl

mizike Avatar

Career:546-344
Chips:
come on, he has lost before, he was in pride, won, lost, has been around the block, this has nothing to do with the forrest fight, he just has some issues that need to be worked out, u could see he was not that PRIDE fighting HUNGRY ANGRY man in the cage against forrest, something is out of wack an needs to be fixed. GOOD LUCK RAMPAGE.. like hese gonna read this lol

Post #20   7/16/08 7:01:22PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Im lovin it

but If u get the chance, look at the other video of Rampage. He seems more humble and it seems like he finally found himself. to Rampage. just hope he can fight again This year.

Post #21   7/16/08 7:07:47PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I agree that he seems pretty not himself in that video. Yes he usually talks nonsense but it's generally in a really confident class-clown sort of way... He just seems sort of confused and out of it in that interview. It's more about the way he's saying it than what he's saying. He usually talks nonsense, but he seems sort of distracted and out of it in that interview. Could be that he has some real issues.

I have a bigger problem with what Jesse Taylor did because he dragged the sport and the organization into it with him. Definitely what rampage did was unacceptable, but I don't see it as being directly linked with his job the way that what guys like Jesse Taylor and Marlon Simms have done was. When you're starting fights outside of the octagon or harassing people and screaming that you're a UFC fighter that's when the UFC needs to get involved in punishing the guy. This seems more like a personal thing that he needs to solve on his own... I doubt that the UFC will do anything to him on their end. (directed at the people comparing this to the Jesse Taylor incident.) Same deal with Chris Leben's problems. Those aren't incidents where the UFC or the sport in general was involved.

Post #22   7/16/08 7:43:57PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Not to make light of the situation, but LOL at the music in the background of the video... what is that the "Sanford and Son" theme song or something?

Yea, I know what you are saying. It wasn't Sanford and Son, not sure of the name, but I heard it before. With the radio on in the backround, it could have been a Tarantino film if Quinton would have gone on a Rampage!

Hope Rampage sorts things out and gets back in the Octagon.

The song is "Going Up the Country" by group called Canned Heat. Great tunes in my opinion. Too bad Rampage was headed to the joint and not the country like the happy song was drunkinly about.

I feel bad for him, that was a close fight and I know he took it hard. He will recover and he will be back. I also will make the statement that Forrest loses his first title defense. But thats another topic.

Good luck to Rampage, lets hope he makes it through these tough times.

Post #23   7/16/08 9:57:59PM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:
Rampage seems to generally be a nice guy with a great and huge personality. I hope that he can take care of himself and his family and get through this tough time and get back on track.As a fan it is natural to want to see him get back in the cage asap. For some people focusing on your goal(fighing/work) helps get them get through it. But he has said before that he dont like to train so. I just hope that he will do what he needs to get back on top in and out of the ring no matter how long it takes. Dont get me wrong i want to see him fight ASAP. But if he dosent rush back into it I would understand.

Post #24   7/17/08 4:46:37AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2