Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DRUG TEST NETS TIGER WHITE 9 MONTH SUSPENSION

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
At a hearing before the Nevada State Athletic Commission last week, Vernon “Tiger” White was officially suspended stemming from a positive drug test result for the banned diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide. The drug test was following a May 31 kickboxing bout for Xtreme Fighting Association.

White received a nine month suspension, was fined his entire $2,000 win bonus, and the fight was changed from a victory for him to a no contest result.

"I'm not going to try to talk myself out of trouble, it was a stupid mistake,” said White during the hearing.

Due to the positive test result and impending suspension, White was removed from a fight against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira that was to take place on Saturday’s Affliction “Banned” event at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Fellow UFC veteran Edwin Dewees, who has signed a multi-fight contract with Affliction, subsequently replaced him. Dewees’ first action for Affliction will be against Nogueira on Saturday night.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/14/08 5:47:59PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
maybe he should just retire.

Post #2   7/14/08 7:36:36PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar