Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anybody think Fedor takes it to Sylvia standing, not just on the ground?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

The overhand right (which Fedor happens to be very, very good at throwing) will be the key to his success on the feet in this fight. The problem is setting it up. If he can duck one of Tim's usual 1, 2 combinations he'll be able to do some real damage with the overhand right.

I think Timmah will tag up Fedor a couple times on the feet, but for the most part Fedor's pace and Tim's fear of the takedown will hamper Tim's ability to win it on the feet. There's really very few ways for Tim to win this fight. That is, unless he really works on his footwork.

Also, don't get me wrong... I am a non-Timmah hater. I just look at the styles matchup for this fight carefully.

Also- as for knees on the ground- when you're fighting a fighter that outweighs you by 60 lbs. in Hunt, or 130-140 lbs or whatever it was for HMC, it's no wonder knees are and should be illegal.

I agree, I think Fedor will use his hands to set up a take down, and I think Fedor's takedowns are much better for getting Tim to the ground the Nogs. Double legging a guy that big is not easy, but a clinch take down and using the big mans weight against him seems to work much better. I could see Tim catching Fedor but Fedor doesn't stand in front of you, Cro Cop had trouble catching up to him, and Cro Cop's done some things in stand up fighting. I believe this match will be better then most people, but I think style wise Fedor is not a good match up for Tim, since his reach is overwhelming strikers have trouble, but Tim's been submitted, given they were very very good submission fighters but Fedor is no slouch. I think this will be a better fight then Randy vs Fedor though, I think Randy would get beat pretty bad on the feet and then have no out since taking Fedor down ussually ends with you in an arm bar, I think Tim can use his size and possibly catch Fedor or get a UD.

Post #16   7/15/08 12:17:27AM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by cmill21
Cro Cop had trouble catching up to him, and Cro Cop's done some things in stand up fighting

Haha awesome!

Agree with everything though except maybe Randy. Randy and Tim both really have nothing for Fedor. Bring on Barnett and Kharitonov and CC. Haven't seen anything from anyone else that can actually topple the Last Emperor.

Although how interesting would Machida/Fedor be?

Post #17   7/15/08 1:19:44AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by cmill21
Cro Cop had trouble catching up to him, and Cro Cop's done some things in stand up fighting

Haha awesome!

Agree with everything though except maybe Randy. Randy and Tim both really have nothing for Fedor. Bring on Barnett and Kharitonov and CC. Haven't seen anything from anyone else that can actually topple the Last Emperor.

Although how interesting would Machida/Fedor be?

If by chance Machida could stay out of reach and tag his way to a decision I'd be impressed. Fedor's aggressive style would play right into Machida's counter-striking. Problem is, Fedor gets aggressive, and if his aggression doesn't succeed he doesn't just back up and reset. He keeps coming forward until there is nowhere left to run (see CC vs. Fedor) eventually Fedor will get the tie up, and I could see him unleashing some hellacious GnP on Machida.

Machida's footwork is good, I actually want to say better than CC's, but I think it only keeps Fedor off of him for so long. That, and I haven't seen enough power from Machida to make me believe he can KO the last emperor.

Then again, Machida could really impress in a fight like this and I wouldn't put it past him to use the side step combined with punching combinations to really give himself a chance.

Post #18   7/15/08 8:12:33AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2