Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anthony Johnson ‘Ready to Rumble’ with Kevin Burns

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There are a lot of up and coming MMA fighters out there with solid records. Anthony “Rumble” Johnson and his 5-1 record with three (T)KO’s is one of them. Thus, if you were going on just that then he might get lost in the shuffle with every other fighter that has put up good numbers to start their career.

But if you saw Johnson in his last bout against former TUF 6 finalist Tom Speer then you know that he is anything but just another in a long list of up and coming fighters to watch.

LINK

Post #1   7/13/08 12:30:43AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I really do think anthony johnson could be ww champ someday.
I'd love to see Anthony johnson vs. Dustin hazelett!!!

Post #2   7/13/08 12:32:58AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Chips:
Johnson vs Swick would be sweet put him vs someone top 15 and see what he does oh yeah he reps Denver too

WAR JOHNSON

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   7/13/08 12:41:05AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
WAR Burns! I don't like how cocky Johnson is, hope Burns finds a way to get Johnson down and submit him fast. Unfortunately, I see Johnson winning by a first round TKO.

Post #4   7/13/08 1:12:10AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Chips:
wow I never found him to be that cocky he was a pretty cool dude when I met him anyhow its your opinion and I respect that

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #5   7/13/08 1:13:46AM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

wow I never found him to be that cocky he was a pretty cool dude when I met him anyhow its your opinion and I respect that

it was kinda weird when he said about Reiner that " hes gonna have to go home and tell his mom that he got beat up by a black man"

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #6   7/13/08 1:22:15AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Yeah, I just didn't like his comments after he knocked out Speer. He said something along the lines, "It was our privilege to have witnessed him fight." This was coming from a guy who had only a total of three fights with the UFC and his previous fight resulted in him losing by submission. We must be so privileged to witness a guy who has 2-1 record and hasn't beaten any significant opponents. Don't get me wrong, Johnson has great potential and is an exciting fighter to watch. I just can't stand his attitude and holier than though act. Burns on the other hand seems like a hardworking blue collar type of guy, it's hard to root against him. So, WAR Burns!

Last edited 7/13/08 1:47AM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/13/08 1:46:29AM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by SpiderSilva

Yeah, I just didn't like his comments after he knocked out Speer. He said something along the lines, "It was our privilege to have witnessed him fight." This was coming from a guy who had only a total of three fights with the UFC and his previous fight resulted in him losing by submission. We must be so privileged to witness a guy who has 2-1 record and hasn't beaten any significant opponents. Don't get me wrong, Johnson has great potential and is an exciting fighter to watch. I just can't stand his attitude and holier than though act. Burns on the other hand seems like a hardworking blue collar type of guy, it's hard to root against him. So, WAR Burns!

Not only that but before he beat Reiner, he said some racist comments along the lines of "he'll understand what its like to be beat by a black man" playing it off like its not a racist comment.

Post #8   7/13/08 3:56:28AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
He will own the division in due time.He just has that much talent

Post #9   7/13/08 7:05:45AM   

dizzle7

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I might be a little biased because I know Burns personally, but Rumble better come prepared for this fight if he's going to win and bring more to the table than being a 1 dimensional striker.

I won't discount Rumble heavy hands, but here are some things to keep in mind during Saturdays fight..

1.) Whats Rumbles conditioning going to be like? From what I've seen he gasses early and then starts getting sloppy like a typical big hitter. Write this down and remember this after the first 2 minutes of the first and after first minute of the second. I don't expect a third round.

2.) Burns has a strong chin and doesn't lose focus. Expect him to push the pace. He might not be as athletic and quick as Rumble, but he can hit nearly as hard.

3.) Burns has a sick ground game and is a big 170 (walked in at 192 against Carniero) If it hits the ground, Rumble is in trouble. I'd keep an eye on Rumble and sloppy punches thrown from the top position too.

Post #10   7/13/08 10:35:52AM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
Johnson is gonna win this fight in the first 2 minutes with a vicious KO

Post #11   7/13/08 1:55:25PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by Porch28

He will own the division in due time.He just has that much talent

There are a lot of guys in the division who have just as much talent as he does, and are way more well rounded. I do think he could be a top 10 fighter, but I do not think he will own the division.

Post #12   7/13/08 5:21:20PM   

JimmieDD

MMA Regular

Career:-
Chips:
Not sure there will be much rumblin going on.. this will be a quick KO..

Post #13   7/13/08 9:34:33PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
He's freakishly explosive. If he can become more disciplined, Johnson will be a major threat for anyone at 170.

Post #14   7/14/08 10:58:09AM