Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC's Silva gives advice to fighters

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
"I'm looking for a well-rounded athletic fighter, but the most important thing to me is record," said Joe Silva, the UFC's vice president of talent relations. "It's very frustrating in my job. I don't look for victims. I pride myself in making competitive matchups."

Link

Post #1   7/12/08 3:37:53PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by luke420187

"I'm looking for a well-rounded athletic fighter, but the most important thing to me is record," said Joe Silva, the UFC's vice president of talent relations. "It's very frustrating in my job. I don't look for victims. I pride myself in making competitive matchups."

Link

oh you don't look for victims? whats Reese Andy? or how about Cale? hush Joe Silva they should fire you and hire the PR%DE match maker!

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #2   7/12/08 4:14:08PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
they can hire me as the UFC match maker, im looking for a new job.

Post #3   7/12/08 4:27:30PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by joshryanshepherd

oh you don't look for victims? whats Reese Andy? or how about Cale? hush Joe Silva they should fire you and hire the PR%DE match maker!

If you think he chooses victims that means you think the fights are one-sided. If that is the case then your Fantasy Picks on this site should be pretty easy right?

Post #4   7/12/08 5:30:52PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Already posted...

Post #5   7/12/08 11:58:42PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

If you think he chooses victims that means you think the fights are one-sided. If that is the case then your Fantasy Picks on this site should be pretty easy right?

Props to that my friend

Joe Silva is an excellent matchmaker

Post #6   7/12/08 11:59:57PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

yeah im saying that all the fights put on by UFC are one sided. thats so not true, some are one sided. do you think the Cale and tim fight is a close fight or what about vera and andy? if you think so we can get an avatar bet set up real quick.

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #7   7/13/08 12:07:22AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

exactly the first quote comes from a guy with a 39-34 record, what do you love picking the victims? This 7/19 event was thrown together and Silva grabbed a few inactive IFL guys. I am glad to hear frm J. Silva, this is the first for me and I wish he was a lot of more vocal about reason for picking people.

What the Pride Matchmakers were good?! Did not watch much Pride did you?

Post #8   7/13/08 1:19:49AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
lol, I dont mind the victim fights at all. Usually the TUF fighters always get set up with guys to beat at first which helps out a lot. Also, Silva does do a good job if you ask me in matchups. Some events are misses (UFC 79's undercard) and some are great (TUF 5 finale)

Post #9   7/13/08 1:47:17AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,949-1,115
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by Mayo

exactly the first quote comes from a guy with a 39-34 record, what do you love picking the victims? This 7/19 event was thrown together and Silva grabbed a few inactive IFL guys. I am glad to hear frm J. Silva, this is the first for me and I wish he was a lot of more vocal about reason for picking people.

What the Pride Matchmakers were good?! Did not watch much Pride did you?

The PRIDE matchmaking was very hit ore miss. Sometimes they put together great fights... and sometimes they fell into the classic japanese penchant for freak shows. Bob Sapp vs. 180lb japanese guy matches... and alot of fights with an experienced MMA guy against people from other disciplines like K-1 or Judo making their first MMA appearence. Also... if people think Lesnar was bad... PRIDE brought in a ton of Pro-wrestlers. Granted, that means something a little different over there.

Things like putting Dos Caras in there with Cro Cop, or throwing Pawel Nastula in there against the wolves I never really dug... but some of the best fights in MMA history occured in PRIDE as well, so it was definitely a mixed bag.

Post #10   7/13/08 3:23:02AM