Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How Does Nick Thompson Do It?

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Nick Thompson has a hectic few days at the end of this month. He's in the main event for the CBS-televised mixed martial arts event on July 26, a Saturday night, in Stockton, Calif. And then on Tuesday the 29th, he will be starting the two-day bar examination at the Minneapolis Convention Center. "It wasn't supposed to work out this way," Thompson said. "I had a fight in Tokyo in early June. I was going to take two months off and study for the bar." And then they got the call with the offer: Jake Shields, Elite XC's welterweight title bout, main event on CBS. "You can't turn that down -- not me, anyway. And my wife, Molly, agreed with me."

LINK

How on earth he is able to train for a fight with one of the best welterweights in the world while simultaneously preparing for an exam that would license him to practice law in the state of Minnesota is beyond my comprehension. All I can do is wish him good luck and give him a tip of my hat.

Post #1   7/12/08 12:41:52PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
That's one of the coolest stories I've heard in a while. Good find, and Good Luck Nick.

Post #2   7/12/08 2:43:31PM