Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck says YES to CC and Fedor but NO to Silva

Print  
  Page 8 of 8   <<   5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by warglory

This thread is still going? Man...

It will probably go until the fights happen or Chuck retires.

Post #106   3/25/07 11:00:17AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by FortySixBelow

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by FortySixBelow

I tend to agree with the other posters here...

Maybe Chuck should worry about some of the other contenders in his weightclass....and maybe beat the top striker first IMO before we start talking about Fedor...

makes no sense..

like who? CC? Silva? Hendo? Silva and hendo are WAY too agggressive. CC is strong and fast but one punch is all liddell needs

Are they...really...if you really think that then you will agree with my logic above...

TILL LIDDELL BEATS TWO OF THOSE GUYS...easily by your count.. EVEN ONE...

Liddell v. Fedor is a waste of time...

I just dont believe he would deserve it till he could prove dominance in his own division...IMO.

what? well i guess your right....liddell is not dominant...he can only win on points by luck every match right? haha. he may not deserve a shot yet as no one should get a shot at a belt just because of there fanbase but it would be a tough match for both tho which would be great for fans. and you seem to say UNTIL HE BEATS ONE OF THOSE GUYS as if hes fought them before or can just get up one morning and move to pride or jump up a weight class in a minute.

Post #107   3/25/07 7:45:51PM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by FortySixBelow

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by FortySixBelow

I tend to agree with the other posters here...

Maybe Chuck should worry about some of the other contenders in his weightclass....and maybe beat the top striker first IMO before we start talking about Fedor...

makes no sense..

like who? CC? Silva? Hendo? Silva and hendo are WAY too agggressive. CC is strong and fast but one punch is all liddell needs

Are they...really...if you really think that then you will agree with my logic above...

TILL LIDDELL BEATS TWO OF THOSE GUYS...easily by your count.. EVEN ONE...

Liddell v. Fedor is a waste of time...

I just dont believe he would deserve it till he could prove dominance in his own division...IMO.

what? well i guess your right....liddell is not dominant...he can only win on points by luck every match right? haha. he may not deserve a shot yet as no one should get a shot at a belt just because of there fanbase but it would be a tough match for both tho which would be great for fans. and you seem to say UNTIL HE BEATS ONE OF THOSE GUYS as if hes fought them before or can just get up one morning and move to pride or jump up a weight class in a minute.

I dont doubt it would be a great match for fans...

Let's agree to disagree on this one. I think Fedor take it handily...

I think our perspectives are different...but it;s all good. If it happens..I would still be a very happy guy.

I

Post #108   3/26/07 7:26:36AM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
Who has done anything significant to Chuck from the clinch? Randy did in the first fight they had, granted Chuck won 2 and 3 before Randy ever got close to him. Shooting on Chuck doesn't work because of his sprawl, but Randy was able to get him on the ground by clinching in the first fight. Fedor's clinch takedowns are excellent and I think it would be too much for Chuck, especially with the move up to heavy.

Post #109   3/28/07 4:13:42PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by liverkick

Who has done anything significant to Chuck from the clinch? Randy did in the first fight they had, granted Chuck won 2 and 3 before Randy ever got close to him. Shooting on Chuck doesn't work because of his sprawl, but Randy was able to get him on the ground by clinching in the first fight. Fedor's clinch takedowns are excellent and I think it would be too much for Chuck, especially with the move up to heavy.

again... chuck is not the same fighter as he was then...hes better in every aspect

Post #110   3/28/07 4:52:30PM   

Khon_Nan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:50-40
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by warglory

This thread is still going? Man...

LOL!!!!!

I needed that after this series of knockout punshes to my face.

Post #111   3/29/07 7:14:30PM   

Pinkalicous

MMA Regular

Pinkalicous Avatar

Career:234-166
Camp: Team Takedown
Chips:
Chuck would beat Wandy and Fedor, he has a chance against CC but i think that he would lose. CC has a better reach and with those kicks i think he would be beat. but dont forget that Chuck is one of the most Dangerous Fighters out there and could beat anybody on any given night.

Post #112   3/30/07 1:14:08PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pinkalicous

Chuck would beat Wandy and Fedor, he has a chance against CC but i think that he would lose. CC has a better reach and with those kicks i think he would be beat. but dont forget that Chuck is one of the most Dangerous Fighters out there and could beat anybody on any given night.

dude...im a chuck nuthugger and i dont think it would be that easy....wandy yeah but Fedor will be a tough fight...you gotta remember Fedor is number one for a reason...

Last edited 3/30/07 5:30PM server time by mkiv9secsupra
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #113   3/30/07 4:41:27PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Fedor is not invicible and CC showed that in their fight. He cut up Fedor nicely. However, that being said, Fedor bounched on his head and stood up not even being dazed.

Post #114   3/30/07 5:32:57PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I dont know why Fedor is considered invincible, if anything its him being human which makes him all the more interesting. He has struggled in a couple of his fights. Randleman, Fujita, Coleman, Mark Hunt, CroCop all had him in danger but th e guy is a freak and is always calm and collected, always 2 steps ahead.

Post #115   3/30/07 11:58:42PM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Pinkalicous

dude...im a chuck nuthugger and i dont think it would be that easy....wandy yeah but Fedor will be a tough fight...you gotta remember Fedor is number one for a reason...

Hmmm...I think I would equate Silva's shot at beating Liddell at about the same as Rampage...just over 2 to 1 odds.

Yes and i love Rampage...but i know my bias could skew that number to 50-50..but i just dont see that scenario without making up some crap in my head.

Post #116   3/31/07 12:06:20AM   

Page 8 of 8   <<   5     6     7     8