Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck says YES to CC and Fedor but NO to Silva

Print  
  Page 7 of 8   <<   4     5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
Several folks have left posts on here saying UFC rules would be a disadvantage because knees to the head on the ground etc...

UFC has one major advantage though, elbows. Fedor's GNP is excellent, let him use his elbows and it gets even nastier.

Just a thought.

Post #91   3/22/07 11:29:06AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by liverkick

Several folks have left posts on here saying UFC rules would be a disadvantage because knees to the head on the ground etc...

UFC has one major advantage though, elbows. Fedor's GNP is excellent, let him use his elbows and it gets even nastier.

Just a thought.

fedor's GnP would NEVER come into play in this fight.... chuck will not go dwon and if he does he will just stand right back up. it would be a kcik boxing match. who has EVER done anything significant to chuck from the clinch?...if you think fedors striking is better youre an idiot...

Post #92   3/22/07 7:15:07PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Liverkick has a point punches or elbows from fedor would cut Liddell to bits look at what he did to Herrings face and that was with punches, Liddell would get back up from Takedowns I agree but after taking half a dozen punches from Fedor. Fedor is more of a complete package as a fighter than Liddell even most UFC fanatics can appreciate that, plus he has been in wars with some of the best strikers/kickboxers former K1 contenders unlike Chuck who has fought wrestlers like Couture, Ortiz and BJJ guys like Horn if you want to talk stand up fighters Liddell is one of the few decent strikes in the UFC light heavyweight devision, While not a pure striker Fedor has been in more matches with more talented strikers and in the most part dominated them.

Post #93   3/23/07 7:30:16AM   

shogunassassin

Learning to Sprawl

shogunassassin Avatar

Career:279-194
Camp: pandorasbox
Chips:
Chuck vs Fedor!!!
LOL

Fedor would crack his head with his brick hands.

No chance. Absolutely not.

Cro-cop - no chance, cro-cop would chop him down like a tree.

Henderson - no chance - henderson would thrown him about the place

Silva - maybe.

Post #94   3/23/07 9:09:08AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Had to skip by many of the posts so this might be similar to others' but,

I would like to see Chuck fight a quality striker. IMO, most of the what the UFC has thrown at him in the last year or two have been ground and pound or submission guys. I'm also tired of seeing him fight the same people again and again.

Post #95   3/23/07 9:09:46AM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:
I tend to agree with the other posters here...

Maybe Chuck should worry about some of the other contenders in his weightclass....and maybe beat the top striker first IMO before we start talking about Fedor...

makes no sense..

Post #96   3/24/07 5:01:41AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by FortySixBelow

Maybe Chuck should worry about some of the other contenders in his weightclass....and maybe beat the top striker first IMO before we start talking about Fedor...

makes no sense..

And Fedor is a top striker?

Post #97   3/24/07 7:08:56AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FortySixBelow

makes no sense..

like who? CC? Silva? Hendo? Silva and hendo are WAY too agggressive. CC is strong and fast but one punch is all liddell needs

Post #98   3/24/07 1:15:15PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
chuck can't only rely on "that one big punch"...that'd be the worst gameplan. even that huge punch from randlemen didn't KO him, the punches afterwards did

Post #99   3/24/07 1:17:24PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:
randleman doesnt have the knockout powe of liddell...its the same thing couture said about liddell and ortiz....ortiz was the physically stronger person but liddell hit a lot harder. liddell doesnt rely on that one big punch. but with CC i think he would get outstruck the whole match but liddell would still get in his few shots. and also i dont think CC would know how to defend against the looping overhand right. and if liddell keeps his leg planted while CC gives him a leg kick i think liddell could get a left hook off fast enough to knock him down.

Post #100   3/24/07 2:03:13PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I also wanted to add something to this that I forgot to add last time. Keep in mind that Chuck would be coming up in weight class and will be fighting bigger and stronger opponents.

Sure his takedown defence was good against light heavies, but I suspect it will be a little different when a guy 20 or more pounds is trying to do it. He's also getting up there in age.

Chuck is a great fighter, but he hasn't really been tested for a long time (Maybe Horn was the only one in 3 years). It's hard to say a guy is so dominant when he is fighting above average fighters and not the best of the best.

In his last 3 or so fights, I saw nothing from Tito, Sorbral or Randy that really made me think they were fit to fight Chuck. They were great match ups on paper, but not in the ring.

On paper I would say Fedor, Cro Cop have the advantage. Wanderlei, I say it's 50/50.

In the ring it's anybody's game.

I say let Chuck climb the ladder as long as he keeps winning. Wanderlei first, then Cro Cop then Fedor.

I think Dana does not want Chuck to fight Wanderlei because he knows Wanderlei has just a good chance I winning as Chuck. I think that is too big of a risk for Dana. If Chuck loses to Fedor or Cro Cop, then he has only lost to top fighters in the world.

Phew, and I thought this was going to be a quick post. lol

Post #101   3/24/07 3:36:15PM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by FortySixBelow

makes no sense..

And Fedor is a top striker?

No...that's not the point...I think in order to actually even consider Chuck Vs. Fedor i would rather see him beat some of the other competition ... prove himself against all ranges of fighters...IE Fedor has beaten Crocop...Mark Hunt...both heavyweights in his own division who strike well as long as a long list of wrestlers too... Chuck fights very well against wrestling background fighters it seems...so...

If Liddell can go and beat all ranges and completely dominate EVERY style in his own division...then hell yeah..let's see it...but till then i would rather watch a close fight with Liddell against a top contender im his own division then watch him getting annihilated by Fedor...

Post #102   3/25/07 12:08:54AM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by FortySixBelow

makes no sense..

like who? CC? Silva? Hendo? Silva and hendo are WAY too agggressive. CC is strong and fast but one punch is all liddell needs

Are they...really...if you really think that then you will agree with my logic above...

TILL LIDDELL BEATS TWO OF THOSE GUYS...easily by your count.. EVEN ONE...

Liddell v. Fedor is a waste of time...

I just dont believe he would deserve it till he could prove dominance in his own division...IMO.

Post #103   3/25/07 12:12:31AM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by Rush

I also wanted to add something to this that I forgot to add last time. Keep in mind that Chuck would be coming up in weight class and will be fighting bigger and stronger opponents.

Sure his takedown defence was good against light heavies, but I suspect it will be a little different when a guy 20 or more pounds is trying to do it. He's also getting up there in age.

Chuck is a great fighter, but he hasn't really been tested for a long time (Maybe Horn was the only one in 3 years). It's hard to say a guy is so dominant when he is fighting above average fighters and not the best of the best.

In his last 3 or so fights, I saw nothing from Tito, Sorbral or Randy that really made me think they were fit to fight Chuck. They were great match ups on paper, but not in the ring.

On paper I would say Fedor, Cro Cop have the advantage. Wanderlei, I say it's 50/50.

In the ring it's anybody's game.

I say let Chuck climb the ladder as long as he keeps winning. Wanderlei first, then Cro Cop then Fedor.

I think Dana does not want Chuck to fight Wanderlei because he knows Wanderlei has just a good chance I winning as Chuck. I think that is too big of a risk for Dana. If Chuck loses to Fedor or Cro Cop, then he has only lost to top fighters in the world.

Phew, and I thought this was going to be a quick post. lol

I agree 100%...however i think Silva would be the best way to go for Dana...i dont think UFC fans(N. American Fans) know about his decline so much..Liddell will always pay the bills...he will always generate tons of money...
It will be a big opportunity for Silva to get a fresh start...and if he wins ... even if it is a declined Liddell...better...a huge rematch would be around the corner...better that it be a close match so they can have the big rematch..

I mean..what if he is on a decline??? Now..CC comes in and demolishes him...?? I think close matches and KO's are what people want but...i can't help but remember the reaction when Franklin had his nose turned a different direction a while ago...

I mean..Silva...would create a competitive fight that is for certain...and if Chuck is declining..better...because.. Silva prob is too...As long as they dont face...Hendo, CC, etc...

If Chuck aint declining...have him rock Silva...take on CC...and maybe Fedor??

That would be fun that is for sure...

Post #104   3/25/07 12:20:58AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
This thread is still going? Man...

Post #105   3/25/07 1:42:42AM   

Page 7 of 8   <<   4     5     6     7     8