Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chuck says YES to CC and Fedor but NO to Silva

Print  
  Page 6 of 8   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

and yea cro cop and liddell are different, Cro Cop is better.

well your record doesnt seem to prove you know what youre talking about...

let the doubters think whatever they want....they obviously dont know anything about styles and match-ups

these are prolly the same people that think that Wandy can beat Chuck cuz Wandy beat Rampage..

1-2..

Post #76   3/16/07 9:51:15AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
No, not at all. I fully accept what you are saying........I really do....but surely fighting Wandy it is completely different. Both love to stay standing, Wandy likes to push the action, Chuck (as you say) prefers to counter punch.....so then it boils down to who is the more accurate striker...........answer? Chuck.

But with Fedor, Chuck's main worry would surely be being able to keep the fight on the feet.....If it went on the ground, forget it......and I would bet that Fedor has a good enough chin to take enough of chucks punches to get close, take him down, keep him here and ground and pound him!

But I suppose no-one knows until it happens, and if it does, Ill be sending you a wager...........

Post #77   3/16/07 11:26:12AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Fedor would never bother taking Chuck to the ground because everybody wants to be the first person to TKO Chuck.

Post #78   3/16/07 12:56:42PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

Fedor would never bother taking Chuck to the ground because everybody wants to be the first person to TKO Chuck.

yeah because rampage, couture, and horn havn't tko'd chuck already.

Post #79   3/16/07 3:06:06PM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i think chuck would
KO silva i just think he's too good for wandi
and i would love to see CC v LIDDELL caus one of them's going to sleep...
CC might have the more technical strikes but CHUCK can bang with anyone
FEDOR would be too strong for chuck too handle but he always has a punchers chance
the UFC need to make one of those happen sooner rather than later

Post #80   3/16/07 5:07:04PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Mayo

yeah because rampage, couture, and horn havn't tko'd chuck already.

Whatever you want to call the term for punching Chuck and him going unconcious... that's what I was trying to say.

Post #81   3/16/07 6:23:12PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

let the doubters think whatever they want....they obviously dont know anything about styles and match-ups

these are prolly the same people that think that Wandy can beat Chuck cuz Wandy beat Rampage..

1-2..

I think Fedor is stylistically a bad matchup for Chuck for obvious reasons such as his strength controlled agression, footwork, standup and takedowns. thats my opinion. And I dont use mmath to see guess who wins. It leads nowhere, by that logic Chuck>Vitor>Wandy so it works both ways. Im not a doubter, Chuck always has the chance to knock his opponent out I just dont think its so simple against Fedor.

Last edited 3/17/07 10:18AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: flaming

Post #82   3/16/07 8:41:46PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kerazzle

1-2..

dear god this place is worse than Sherdog because it has an idiot like you. I think Fedor is stylistically a bad matchup for Chuck for obvious reasons such as his strength controlled agression, footwork, standup and takedowns. thats my opinion. And I dont use mmath to see guess who wins jackass. It leads nowhere, by that logic Chuck>Vitor>Wandy so it works both ways. Im not a doubter, Chuck always has the chance to knock his opponent out I just dont think its so simple against Fedor.

Yeah...soon this place will be worse than sherdog cuz of people like you....no need for name calling buddy!

i am also not saying Fedor dont have a chance,i just think Chuck has a better than 50/50 chance at winning...especially if they fight in the UFC(if it does happen its gonna go down in the UFC)

UFC advantages..

Octagon = no place for Chuck to get trapped in a corner.....

Cage = something to help Chuck up IF he gets taken down

5 min rounds = less time for Fedor to work with incase he takes him down

UFC rules = no kicks or knees to the head to a grounded opponent....again,IF he gets taken down

Fan favorite..

so quite your trolling....you are obviously a Fedor nutthugger since you have an avatar of him........im no Chuck nuthugger at all,he;s not even in my profile's favorites list!.....im just speaking from experience in fight outcomes both in MMA and Boxing......

thats how people were when i was saying Nick Diaz was gonna beat Gomi....what are they saying now?

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i was gonna make this thread,but why not just revive an old one?

this is how i see the fight in my head...i see Diaz beating gomi to the punch the whole first round and annoying Gomi with those little combo's he throws and forcing Gomi to take him down and i think Diaz will submit gomi or win a decision

Diaz has fought the tougher opponents and that only makes him stronger

i wonder if Diaz can intimidat gomi with trashtalk and staring him down...

that was my prediction in a Gomi vs Diaz thread 2 weeks before the fight.

i know i know..i am great

Post #83   3/17/07 12:42:33AM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:

Posted by Mv356

This website has so many Pride nuthuggers it's ridiculus

Back to Sherdog with you....

The difference between a "Pride Nuthugger" and a "TUF Noob" is simply this:

Pride nuthuggers have a good overall knowledge of MMA in general and all the fighters.

A TUF Noob thinks Chris Leben is a world class striker and can't wait for Stephan Bonnar to fight again.

Last edited 3/17/07 1:48AM server time by butterballs
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #84   3/17/07 1:47:52AM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:
you obviously have no idea what a troll or nuthugger is, look at your godamn posts throughout this thread, if anything you're the nuthugger, you keep saying Chuck will K.O fedor. I give Chuck a chance in a fight with fedor, ofcourse I do. Just because I respect a fighter and his abilities doesnt make me a nuthugger. You're the one accusing me of being a person w/o any knowledge who uses mmath and this is like the first godamn time ive posted in these forums.

Post #85   3/17/07 1:51:28AM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Chips:
and picking diaz over Gomi isnt that big of a deal, Diaz is a great fighter, just down on his luck with all the talent in the UFC WW division.

Post #86   3/17/07 1:53:20AM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
i've gotta agree with Trapt1nw0nder
here i think if it's fought under the UFC rules CHUCK would stand a much better chance than if it was fought under PRIDE rules... that's gotta change FEDOR'S gameplan
he's not got as much time to work the GnP so would he decide stand up is his best chance????
if he does CHUCK has heavy hands and IMO could hurt anybody....
take away the stomps and the head kicks on the ground (IF he got him there) and you have a fight that CHUCK is completely used too...
i'm not saying that FEDOR isen't any good in the cage but he's used to fighting in a ring and having 10 minutes to work in the first round and i know he's got heavy hands too but i think CHUCK would have more of a chance than some people are giving him

Last edited 3/17/07 1:25PM server time by chentay2112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #87   3/17/07 1:24:05PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by chentay2112

i've gotta agree with Trapt1nw0nder
here i think if it's fought under the UFC rules CHUCK would stand a much better chance than if it was fought under PRIDE rules... that's gotta change FEDOR'S gameplan
he's not got as much time to work the GnP so would he decide stand up is his best chance????
if he does CHUCK has heavy hands and IMO could hurt anybody....
take away the stomps and the head kicks on the ground (IF he got him there) and you have a fight that CHUCK is completely used too...
i'm not saying that FEDOR isen't any good in the cage but he's used to fighting in a ring and having 10 minutes to work in the first round and i know he's got heavy hands too but i think CHUCK would have more of a chance than some people are giving him

exactly put: liddell is a better striker than fedor and fedor is better GnP'er.

Post #88   3/17/07 7:54:20PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
How about Liddell vs Sakuraba, IMO Sak would have his way with Chuck big time I predict 2nd round by arm bar.

Post #89   3/22/07 6:39:49AM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
Tim Sylvia could beat Fedor... Didn't you see his sweet takedown defense and awesome striking ability against Couture?

Seriously though, Chuck doesn't have that much of a chance. Sure he could get that big shot through and knock him out but it's not likely. Fedor has great hands and his takedowns from the clinch are excellent. Chuck sprawl is great but that won't help from the clinch. I'd give it to Fedor by TKO.

Post #90   3/22/07 11:19:10AM   

Page 6 of 8   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8