Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

HERMES FRANCA CLEAR TO FIGHT, PENDING DRUG TEST

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission today cleared lightweight Hermes Franca for the UFC’s hastily assembled July 19 card at the Pearl in Las Vegas.

Franca was originally suspended last July by the California State Athletic Commission after a positive test for the steroid Drostanolone following UFC 73 in Sacramento, Calif. His suspension in that state – effectively a suspension from fighting in all states with major athletic commissions – ended on the 5th of this month.

Franca now must prove he is drug free in a test for performance enhancers to be administered this Friday. The test was originally scheduled for next Monday, but according to NSAC executive director Keith Kizer, that makes it more unlikely that he will be cleared in time for his fight.

“We should be able to get it in on time,” Kizer said. “If not, he won’t be fighting.”

The administrative procedure is similar to the one undergone by his former opponent, Sean Sherk, who was recently re-licensed for his fight against BJ Penn in May.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/10/08 8:47:04AM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
I am impatiently awaiting to see Franca fight again. I think Franca is going to tear throw a few people rather quickly before contending for the title. I would really like to see Franca fight Huerta or "big daddy"

Post #2   7/10/08 4:05:39PM