Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Belfort: "Wand has not a good chin"

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
Credit: tatame.com

Belfort: “Wand has not a good chin”

Training for his fight at the Cage Rage 21, which will be held on April 21st in , Vítor Belfort enjoyed the opportunity to analyses the bout between Wanderlei Silva and Dan Henderson on last Staurday (24) at Pride 33. He already faced both athletes; he defeated Wanderlei Silva by KO at UFC and lost to Henderson by unanimous decision at the first edition of Pride Las Vegason last year, so Belfort was already waiting this result.

- I didn’t get surprised. I was already expecting this result, because Wanderlei hasn’t got a good chin. Wand didn’t do any mistake, but Henderson was better than him. The KO doesn’t lie, nobody can complain. Henderson showed that has much more game than Wanderlei has – said Belfort , who also analyzed the bout of Rogério Minotouro against Romeau Thierry Sokoudjou. “Rogério didn’t have any luck. He wasn’t KO’d at the second round that happened in the beggining of the bout. It happens. It is obvious that if the bout was for the ground, Rogério would submit him”, evaluated the black belt.

Vitor also talked about his adversary at Cage Rage 21 e how he is trainin for the bout. “I don’t remember his name, but I know he is a real Italian, a European champion. I will fight to win this bout, because he is a tough fighter, he is good on the Wrestling game and has a heavy hand”, told Belfort.

Post #1   3/1/07 8:59:11AM   

ElGuapo31

Learning to Sprawl

ElGuapo31 Avatar

Career:97-60
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
i honestly could care less what belfort has to say anymore...as far as im concerned id be happy if he never competes again...wand would KILL him...he needs to shut his mouth and beat someone else besides anthony rea

Post #2   3/1/07 8:01:40PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by ElGuapo31

i honestly could care less what belfort has to say anymore...as far as im concerned id be happy if he never competes again...wand would KILL him...he needs to shut his mouth and beat someone else besides anthony rea

Rea was a great win for Belfort considering how bad he has been in the past few years.

Post #3   3/1/07 8:04:14PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
You guys act as if he's lying or some shit. Wand has a horrible chin.

Post #4   3/1/07 8:28:31PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

you TAKE THAT BACK, RIGHT NOW!

he doesn't have a HORRIBLE chin

don't troll
kthnxbye

Post #5   3/1/07 8:46:38PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Wandy has a great chin. Vitor actually devalues his own Ko by saying this. Wandy has taken shots from a lot of People and has never been one-punch Koed. He has good recovery time also. Even Hunt floored him with all his power and Wandy survived. Anybody can get beat from an accumulation of blows, now matter how great their chin. Witness Wandy/Fujita.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   3/1/07 8:54:01PM   

ElGuapo31

Learning to Sprawl

ElGuapo31 Avatar

Career:97-60
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I think Wandy has a great chin. Vitor actually devalues his own Ko by saying this.

haha good point didnt even think of that...even if wands chin is a little soft his recovery is amazing

Post #7   3/1/07 10:17:52PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Well my chin might be a bit weak after Cro Cop Kicked it into oblivion. And 15 years of it getting pounded in general.

Post #8   3/2/07 8:36:24AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I always find myself defending Wandy whenever I can... He does not have a great chin, but on the other hand has some of the best recovery skills in MMA...

IMO, the years and years of fighting top notch comp is starting to wear on him a little, but nothing can break that man's fighting spirit...

But this is by far the end of the Wanderlei Silva era, he will come back strong and hungry...

Last edited 3/2/07 4:29PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   3/2/07 4:28:34PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:
I guess guys that get dropped by Oyama have great chins...

Not to mention Tito, Sakuraba, and other generally shitty strikers with no power.

Post #10   3/2/07 8:22:40PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Getting dropped and getting Koed are completely different thing IMO. Especially someone who is out of control and off balance a lot of the time. I don't care if a guy gets dropped. It happens, the guy who recovers, weathers it, gets up, and keeps coming has a great chin IMo. Maybe we just disagree on the defintion of chin.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   3/2/07 8:48:53PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:
Wow, just wow.

I didn't know "recovery time" and "chin" are interchangeable terms, someone please tell me when this happened.

Post #12   3/2/07 8:53:35PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Not many fighters would be left standing after all those punches he took against Mirko. Wandy has not a bad chin. He has survived numerous times against heavy punches.

Post #13   3/2/07 9:17:10PM   

KennzoR

Still A Shogun Fan

KennzoR Avatar

Career:137-94
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Well my chin might be a bit weak after Cro Cop Kicked it into oblivion. And 15 years of it getting pounded in general.

Crocop didn't kick Wanderlie's chin into oblivion. Left high kick to the side of the head= KO. It would be more accurate to say that Hendo knocked Wandy's chin into oblivion, in my opinion.

Last edited 3/2/07 11:38PM server time by KennzoR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   3/2/07 11:30:41PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I must say though the KO Vitor had on Wandy is one of the best KO's ever. Its great to watch.He backs him up all the way across the ring WOW THE old Vitor days.

Post #15   3/3/07 5:06:42AM