Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Brandon Vera could stay at 205 after UFN 14 Reese Andy fight

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
everybody’s saying that my power looks and good and actually my kicks look faster and harder now. I was 212 (pounds) today at the end of practice … I think it’s working to an advantage. It’s making me hungry and meaner…. I wouldn’t mind staying at 205. It’s all up to UFC in their grand scheme of things. We’ll see what’s going on and what they have in mind…. Talent-wise, man, the who’s who of 205 in the world is in the UFC right now. It’s ridiculous, it’s a whole long laundry list of who’s who. And the heavyweight division — you can pull, I think, maybe six guys out of the heavyweights. So yeah, I would say that 205 is way more stacked.”

– Former heavyweight contender Brandon Vera — who will make his light heavyweight debut against Reese Andy at UFC Fight Night 14 on July 19 — tells the USA Today that he could remain in the 205-pound division if the organization sees fit. However, “The Truth” is still bitter about his loss to Fabricio Werdum at UFC 85: “Bedlam” last month, which he and many others feel was stopped prematurely. He would like to avenge the loss at some point … especially if Werdum is able to one day soon capture the heavyweight strap.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/10/08 8:38:02AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,881-1,084
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Already posted...

Post #2   7/10/08 1:39:05PM