Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tito Ortiz To Re-Sign With UFC?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Don't be surprised if Tito Ortiz's last fight is with the UFC. Sources close to the situation have informed us that despite being courted by several other organizations, Ortiz apparently prefers to finish his career with the organization he started it with and is currently considering possible fight offers from the UFC. Although no contract agreement has been reached, Ortiz has been in negotiations and was offered potential fights with UFC light heavyweights Houston Alexander, Thierry Sokoudjou and Stephan Bonnar to name a few.

As evidenced by the standing ovation he received from the crowd in attendance during his unanimous decision loss to Lyoto Machida, Ortiz is still a big draw amongst fans. The overwhelming support he received could be one of the reasons why Ortiz, who's grown accustomed to his superstar status and fighting in front of 10,000+ fans, would prefer to stay with the UFC, undeniably the biggest and most popular MMA organization in the world.

Another reason could be that despite going winless in his last three fights, Ortiz is still only one or two fights away from a title shot. Ironically, he holds a controversial split-decision win over newly crowned UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin and he also has a draw with Rashad Evans, who will be facing Chuck Liddell later this year at UFC 88 to determine the next challenger for the UFC light heavyweight title.

Link

Post #1   7/9/08 3:47:18PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i wouldn't mind seeing tito back, there are still plenty of good fights left for him, for starters i would like to see a wandy rematch, and he could beat almost anybody in the top 10, he even owns a win over the ufc lightheavyweight champion.

Post #2   7/9/08 3:55:01PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
i think there are some good potential match ups for Tito. I'd like to see him fight Sokodjou, Jardine, Bonnar, and Houston. I don't think Tito is anywhere near Wanderlei's skill level these days so i wouldn't wanna see that, eh maybe just for a good laugh haha. I think a fight with Sokodjou would be pretty awesome. Lets see what happens.

Post #3   7/9/08 4:01:16PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As much as I dislike the guy, I think it would be a smart move on both his AND the UFC's part to re-sign.

Post #4   7/9/08 4:02:43PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
I remember a day when Tito was my Favorite fighter, he was coming off the Cote win, the Vitor win, both the Shamrock wins and then the Forrest win. I was positive he was gonna beat Chuck and once again claim the Light heavy weight championship. but he didn't . but i was very proud of him because he did show a lot of effort in that fight and he even Won a round . but then he goes and has a draw with Rashad, someone he should have submitted and then goes and loses to Machida. i admire his will to only fight top guys but he just needs to focus on fighting and nothing else. he would do great if he trained at Xtreme Couture for awhile because their are a few great 205 guys for him to work out with...

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #5   7/9/08 4:14:07PM   

DustinT

MMA Regular

DustinT Avatar

Career:1,517-829
Camp: The MMA Army
Chips:
give me a break......that would just be balls.
i personally dont buy it, but we'll see.

i think the only way he should be able to come back is if he agree's to the boxing bout with Dana, and is not allowed to fight UNTIL it's over.

Man up....ya lil weasel.

Post #6   7/9/08 4:14:59PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:993-595
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
This is pretty suprising. After hearing all the interviews with Tito after his last fight it seemed he didn't have any intrest in coming back to the UFC. Now he wants to end his career there? The grass must not be greener on the other side. So he must not have gotten the offer he wanted outside of the UFC. Or he's using this as leverage to get more money out of another organization.

Post #7   7/9/08 4:35:48PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
he should just resign,
fight your fight focus just on fighting and get back on track
if it is true i will be surprised

Post #8   7/9/08 4:37:29PM   

ThePlague

O&A party rock

ThePlague Avatar

Career:1,363-780
Chips:
I guess I'd be happy to see him back, if only because it gives the UFC a boost. I wouldn't give him a good chance of doing much in the LHW division though. I think many fights would play out a lot like the Machida fight, since he seems to have a hard time taking anyone down these days.

Post #9   7/9/08 4:53:10PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Good. He's a great gatekeeper.

Post #10   7/9/08 5:06:36PM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,162-637
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by joshryanshepherd

I remember a day when Tito was my Favorite fighter, he was coming off the Cote win, the Vitor win, both the Shamrock wins and then the Forrest win. I was positive he was gonna beat Chuck and once again claim the Light heavy weight championship. but he didn't . but i was very proud of him because he did show a lot of effort in that fight and he even Won a round . but then he goes and has a draw with Rashad, someone he should have submitted and then goes and loses to Machida. i admire his will to only fight top guys but he just needs to focus on fighting and nothing else. he would do great if he trained at Xtreme Couture for awhile because their are a few great 205 guys for him to work out with...

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't he only draw because he grabbed a fence? A draw is a draw, but i still think he won in my mind. He ain't top tier anymore, but i would love to see him back. Hopefully doing a little less interviews this time.

Post #11   7/9/08 5:14:28PM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
This would not suprise me at all; Tito and the UFC would do anything to sell tickets and by bringing up that his contract was up after his last fight sold a lot of tickets

Post #12   7/9/08 5:44:40PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i mean it could work because i think frank was the one that came over to ufc full time, so he could deal with ortiz.

Post #13   7/9/08 5:53:50PM   

thesteven5918

Learning to Sprawl

Career:164-110
Chips:
k i kno i might get shit but tito is still my fvorite fighter... he lost by cards to rashad but only because he grabed the fence and was taken down in last 10 sec. in that fight... its kinda hard to best a guy who is running the whole fight (MACHIDA!!!!!)... now dont get it twisted i know tito will probably never be a champion in the UFC and ive made peace with that but ppl need to give him the credit that is due to him...

Post #14   7/9/08 5:56:37PM   

MrPayPerView

Learning to Sprawl

MrPayPerView Avatar

Career:700-437
Chips:
Tito is done he should just start promoting because that is what he is good at. Give me some quality wins that Tito has recently ..................................Oh thats right he has none.

Post #15   7/9/08 5:58:47PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3