Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Ultimate Fighter series may come to UK

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighter series, with British mixed martial artists trying to get a UFC deal, on terrestrial TV? Sounds far-fetched.

It may not be. The Ultimate Fighter series could soon be in the UK, and be shown on terrestrial television, with Michael Bisping as one of the team coaches. Bisping, of course, went from Clitheroe in Lancashire to Las Vegas and won Series 3 of the Ultimate Fighter.

Those are the whispers - not confirmed - that talks are underway to create a first TUF series in the UK, given its success in the US. It follows the success of Forrest Griffin last weekend.

LINK

Post #1   7/9/08 1:52:17PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Sounds like Lorenzo is already hard at work going the international route.

I think it's a great idea. There are some great fighters in the UK that typically wouldn't have any recognizability in the US. This could change that.

Who would be the other coach? Probably not a fighter from the UK. Maybe Dan Henderson.

Post #2   7/9/08 4:34:53PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I was talking about this awhile ago. That it would be a great idea to do this in another country. My question is. If they do this in another country are they just going to use fighters from that country? Or are they going to bring in others? As for the other coach other than Bisping. I could see Henderson being the other coach also.

Post #3   7/9/08 4:38:36PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
that would be cool
bisping vs franklin or hendo

Post #4   7/9/08 4:42:12PM   

flainthefacerh

MMA Regular

flainthefacerh Avatar

Career:30-20
Chips:

Posted by luke420187

Sounds like Lorenzo is already hard at work going the international route.

I think it's a great idea. There are some great fighters in the UK that typically wouldn't have any recognizability in the US. This could change that.

Who would be the other coach? Probably not a fighter from the UK. Maybe Dan Henderson.

i think it would be better if they keep the fighters from the specific country that they are in. i mean i believe there are at least 5 more season of tuf? i would like to see 3 or 4 of those in a different country

Post #5   7/9/08 5:06:34PM