Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Roy Jones Jr.’s future plans don’t include Anderson Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Various media outlets are reporting that a light heavyweight title fight between Joe Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr. has been signed for Sept. 20. The bout is expected to take place at Madison Square Garden and will be televised on HBO pay-per-view.

The 36-year old Calzaghe, who is considered by many pundits to be the number two pound-for-pound boxer in the world behind Manny Pacquiao, fought in the U.S. for the first-time ever this past April in Las Vegas. In that bout, Calzaghe defeated Bernard Hopkins at the Thomas & Mack Center to claim the light heavyweight title he currently holds.

LINK

Post #1   7/9/08 1:34:17PM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,391-816
Chips:
I love RJJ but he's gonna have big problems in this fight.

Post #2   7/9/08 1:39:10PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
I love calzaghe, my uncle got me into him. I like Roy Jones Jr a lot more though and that sucks because he might take a severe beating in this one

Im really glad they didnt make that circus fight between Roy and Anderson.

Anderson silva's boxing is good, and roy jones is not the fighter he was.....but i still cant imagine silva standing even a chance in the boxing ring with jones

Post #3   7/9/08 7:40:55PM