Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why Wandy vs Hendo as main event?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Hangton

i agree a better main event would have been Silva VS. Lil Nog but what can you do its still gonna be great

as someone poiinted out earlier, silva vs lil nog would be better in japan because of the rules there, the nevada rules would take away from their chute box learned abilities and it will be a more boring fight. if silva wins this i predict he'll fight lil nog nexttttt

Post #16   1/31/07 9:50:26PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
I think it's a very deserving main event, and to give Belfort a title shot after he just tested positive for roids (and lost to Dan Henderson), would make for even more controversey. You're getting a fight which could potentially be an all out war, and seeing many other top 10 fighters fight on the card so why complain. The UFC has given Kenny Florian co-main event against Sean Sherk for a vacant lightweight title and did either of those guys seem deserving at the time. Of course they were contenders but their were several other lightweights that deserved the shot just as much if not more than Sherk or Florian. Wanderlei Silva vs Dan Henderson has a good chance of giving MMA fans new to the pride organization a chance to possibly see a brawl, and bring in new fans to the pride organization.

Post #17   1/31/07 10:19:18PM   

Kazmierz21

MMA Regular

Kazmierz21 Avatar

Career:729-446
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Kazmierz21

Should be a good matchup - Hendo is a tough dude and with the no knees/kicks on the ground Wandy has lost some of his finishing moves - fight would be much more wild in Japan though - can't we submit a collection of Pride tapes to the Nevada Gaming Commission (or whatever body governs these things) and show them there is no harm done in allowing such strikes - while we're at it maybe we could get them to remove the pointless elbows in UFC so that we don't see K-Flo get any more title shots

I think elbows are one of the best ground fighting weapons. You can get cut with any strike. However, I think almost everyone would agree that knees on the ground would be a good idea, I just don't like soccer kicks and facial footstomps. IMO those are the 2 most likely ways for someone to die in an MMA match. That would not only mean some guys death , but it would give everyone who hates MMA a excuse to try and ban it.

That's why I don't like the elbows - they don't really hurt anyone - just end could-be-great matches prematurely due to cheap cuts - don't get me wrong - I like the bloody battles but I feel there are a lot of cheap cuts in the UFC - plus the elbow on the ground game just doesn't look as clean as the ground game in Pride - if you are going to allow elbows you may as well allow headbutts

Post #18   2/3/07 1:42:31PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2