Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Griffin didn't do enough to take Jackson's title

Print  
How should the judges have scored it?
Draw 42 27%
Rampage 44 29%
Griffin 50 33%
At least closer 17 11%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

beerman77

Banned

beerman77 Avatar

Career:374-225
Chips:
rampage got out worked plain and siimple. he had burst of movemont , and sure he rocked him, but only on occasion. forrest was working the whole fight from start to finish. 10 point must score will get you every time when the other guy is flat out doing more than you

Post #31   7/7/08 8:59:39PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I really liked looking back at old threads and reading about how Rampage was going to kill Forrest and how it would never make it out of the third round. With that said I enjoyed the actual fight more than anything. Forrest won it, pure and simple. He worked Rampage for five rounds in a fight that wasnt supposed to go the distance. The scoring was very close but there is no doubt that Forrest was controlling the fight and that perception alone is enough to give the edge in a decision. I was even more impressed by Rampage who showed alot of class in defeat, he has slowly been changing my opinion about him. There are alot of awesome matchups for him now and he will eventually get another crack at the title. It was a great fight and they both deserve props but the belt is where it belongs for now.

Post #32   7/7/08 9:36:26PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
They should not even call it a draw they should just give it to the champ, It should be a benifit.

Post #33   7/7/08 10:04:26PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:

Posted by holt8081

They should not even call it a draw they should just give it to the champ, It should be a benifit.

I think even most champs would disagree with you on this one. No real champ wants to win just because they are champ. They would rather earn it, so there is no doubt that they deserve it.

Maybe it is just me that thinks this way. But I know that is not true.

Post #34   7/7/08 10:16:08PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,984-1,059
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by holt8081

thats the stupidest thing i probely heard in awhile how about u call the fight what it was and thats a forrest win i had it scored 48-46 ... and y cant forrest ever have his moment ? he figths tito to a close decsion (which i think he lost) ... people say its tito's knee ok he beats shogun once again not forrest winning but shogun losing and now he wins the belt and its bad judging ? people are being childish ... its ussually people who wont give the ultimate fighter guys ne credit that are hating on griffin guys who cant belive a tuf winner beat the number one ranked guys in the world back to back fights .... people please be grown ups give forrest his day in the sun and lets see if forrest can do it again ... hate on him when he loses not when he wins ... btw stupidest article ever ... is this the same guy from mma live ? ... rampage mounted apprently in round 4 ... who rembers that ? o and he did a good job playing gard with forrest even tho forrest mounted

Post #35   7/7/08 10:19:21PM   

wolfgarnaud

MMA Regular

wolfgarnaud Avatar

Career:214-136
Chips:
everybody has a diferent opinion and im ok with that, but for me was not even close the decision giving to forrest, that is just not me... if you check all the websites like sherdog, mmaweekly, mmajunkie that were doing the play-by-play of the PPV,, all gave the fight to Jackson... the first, third, and fourth.
jackson had that fight won, slam forrest, rocked him more than 4 or 5 times on the fight, cut him, used his powerpunches, and all of the sudden just cause forrest look good on the second round for some kicks that didnt affect Rampage the last three rounds and that to get a unanimous decision (is just crap). even looking at the fight you can heard a couple of times where joe rogan says that griffin is winning,, you can also heard that mike goldberg doesnt even believe it.

Post #36   7/7/08 10:45:00PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
To anyone who says "You have to BEAT the champ," that's exactly what happened. Rampage got beat, and all 3 judges saw it that way. There's NO controversy in a unanimous decision. Rampage even felt he lost that fight until Juanito (who knows zilch about MMA scoring) started talking in his ear. Any fighter/coach that says that they feel the challenger needs a convincing win to be the champ is just a loser making excuses for a fighter that didn't work hard enough plain and simple.

Post #37   7/7/08 11:06:02PM   

spider1179

MMA Regular

spider1179 Avatar

Career:788-526
Chips:
That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. How on earth can you say that you must win decisively to take a title? Even by your definition, Forest WON. 48-46, 48-46, 49-46. Is that not decisive enough for you. I really wish people would get over it. Like others I did not have a clear personal favorite in this fight. If you take an objective look at this fight you will see that FOREST WON

Post #38   7/7/08 11:21:15PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I scored 1, 3 and 4 for rampage also. I agree that in very close rounds the champ should be given the edge, but I don't think that really even matter in this fight. I have a hard time seeing how anyone scored the third in forrest's favour.

Post #39   7/8/08 1:38:45AM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
is this how it's going to be every time someone goes to decsion? because this is super gay. if it is they should change the name of the site to bitchaboutmma.com

Post #40   7/8/08 3:09:45AM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
I don't see how anyone can think rampage even came close in that fight, sure what he hit forrest maybe 10 times in 5 rounds , thats it.

sure forrest didn't dominate all 5 rounds but damn even the rounds that rampage won they were close. I think if this was anything but the title shot people wouldn't be saying anything.

with all the bad scoring, i think this fight was right on

Post #41   7/8/08 11:49:24AM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I agree that in very close rounds the champ should be given the edge,

Why? That's just retarded. It's two guys fighting. Just because he's the champ doesn't mean he should get a leg up. Both fighters should be considered equally. A clost round requires consideration and honest scoring, not "Well that was close. He's the champ, so I'll give it to him." How do you all NOT see how stupid that is?!

Post #42   7/8/08 12:07:34PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

I don't see how anyone can think rampage even came close in that fight, sure what he hit forrest maybe 10 times in 5 rounds , thats it.

Re-watch the fight if thats what you saw. If anything Forrest was the one who was missing constantly.

Post #43   7/8/08 3:53:15PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3