Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

then who the hell can beat him?!

Print  
who could beat Lyoto?
Anderson 25 38%
Shogun 5 8%
Wand 20 30%
Chuck 8 12%
Rampage 3 5%
or LHW champion Forrest Griffin 5 8%
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
Their is a lot of people saying that Machida could beat Quinton and walk through Forrest. And probably some that say he could beat chuck...

well what this thread is about is if he could beat those guys than who can beat him?

wand? shogun?

i cant wait until someone drops Machida! i don't know if his chin has been tested but it doesn't have to be with the way he moves.

i think Shogun has a hell of a chance beating Lyoto and to be honest i think machida is fairly over rated...

Last edited 7/7/08 3:15AM server time by joshryanshepherd
Edit note/reason: n/a

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #1   7/7/08 3:07:15AM   

voodoo-jitsu

Banned

Career:189-114
Chips:
all the above

Post #2   7/7/08 3:10:54AM   

pdanke

MMA Regular

pdanke Avatar

Career:1,537-1,011
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
He needs to fight someone willing to engage him, and not let him run away like a pussy-willow (or "be elusive" as they say in karate).

So yes, can someone sign the fight with him and one of the Silva's..... either Thiago or Wanderlei.

Post #3   7/7/08 3:11:01AM   

sammyd1213

MMA Regular

sammyd1213 Avatar

Career:116-82
Chips:
Lyoto is a tough matchup for anyone he faces. But he is far from unbeatable. I would pick Shogun over him, as well as Wand. Hes hasnt really beat a good wrestler either so a guy like Hamill could give him trouble. He'll get beat soon enough, just not by Tito Ortiz.

Post #4   7/7/08 3:13:13AM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by pdanke

(or "be elusive" as they say in karate).

i just thought that was super badass!

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #5   7/7/08 3:13:44AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A Striker who is well tuned defensively and isnt afraid to come forward.
Also kicks are necassary to keep lyoto out of his punching range.
Defensively Lyoto is phenomenal, but offensively hes not the best. If he fought someone with GREAT muay thai and stand-up defense he would have the biggest problems.

Shogun, and Anderson come to mind as the best.

Chuck i believe is too slow and he never checks leg kicks or throws them, stylistically i think lyoto would give him major problems.

Post #6   7/7/08 3:44:03AM   

williamraysmith

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,423-950
Chips:
Someone who would press the action and get in Lyotos face. I would pick Shogun or Wanderlei. I think shogun has a better chance because he will use his kick more than wanderlei will.

Post #7   7/7/08 4:56:58AM   

Matimus

Banned

Matimus Avatar

Career:341-187
Chips:
Franklin v Machida #2

Post #8   7/7/08 6:21:51AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Matimus

Franklin v Machida #2

Really? You think Franklin would beat him?

Post #9   7/7/08 6:22:45AM   

hodge

Standup Guy

hodge Avatar

Career:442-256
Chips:
wands style is perfect to beat machida

Post #10   7/7/08 2:13:01PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
shogun

Post #11   7/7/08 3:01:22PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by hodge

wands style is perfect to beat machida

and it'll be similar fashion to the jardine fight.

Post #12   7/7/08 3:05:21PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
Machida would murder Wandy. Wandy would look so horrible against him. He would come in and try to rush, and Machida would pick him apart. I think Machida beats all these guys, the only guy who I think can beat him is Anderson. Machida does not run from opponents. He did not run from Nak,Soko, or Ortiz. Dodging punches and coming back and kicking someones ass is not running. I am jaw dropped with all this talk of Machida not engaging. I guess you did not see him destoy Soko, where was the running. Think back to him against Tito. He almost became the first man to tko Ortiz in the first round. Had that round gone any longer, its over right there. And he repeadteldy would dodge Tito, come back and feint punches and push kick his ass. Then feint again and punch him in the face. Do you realize going by fight matrix numbers Ortiz did not hit Machida a single time in the first round. Thats not running. Thats perfect defense. Thats the same first round where he SLAMMED Ortiz and demolished him. How can people say this guy runs. Hopefully I wont get banned again, if I do it will probably be losing my temper and going on a tirade against Machida haters. Take his fights against Franklin and Bonner, those where the epitome of toe to toe slugfests, and he dominated them. If you are gonna sit there and say he runs link the fight where he does it. Against Tito he was constantly moving side to side, and feinting and beating him up. Did you see Tito's face after the fight. So if your gonna sit there and trash this amazing fighter, this class guy, show the proof where he runs. I have never seen a fight where he runs. I have seen him display perfect defense and beat people up.

Post #13   7/7/08 3:15:52PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,539-952
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:

Posted by MoJoy

Machida would murder Wandy. Wandy would look so horrible against him. He would come in and try to rush, and Machida would pick him apart. I think Machida beats all these guys, the only guy who I think can beat him is Anderson. Machida does not run from opponents. He did not run from Nak,Soko, or Ortiz. Dodging punches and coming back and kicking someones ass is not running. I am jaw dropped with all this talk of Machida not engaging. I guess you did not see him destoy Soko, where was the running. Think back to him against Tito. He almost became the first man to tko Ortiz in the first round. Had that round gone any longer, its over right there. And he repeadteldy would dodge Tito, come back and feint punches and push kick his ass. Then feint again and punch him in the face. Do you realize going by fight matrix numbers Ortiz did not hit Machida a single time in the first round. Thats not running. Thats perfect defense. Thats the same first round where he SLAMMED Ortiz and demolished him. How can people say this guy runs. Hopefully I wont get banned again, if I do it will probably be losing my temper and going on a tirade against Machida haters. Take his fights against Franklin and Bonner, those where the epitome of toe to toe slugfests, and he dominated them. If you are gonna sit there and say he runs link the fight where he does it. Against Tito he was constantly moving side to side, and feinting and beating him up. Did you see Tito's face after the fight. So if your gonna sit there and trash this amazing fighter, this class guy, show the proof where he runs. I have never seen a fight where he runs. I have seen him display perfect defense and beat people up.

dude, seriously c'mon
machida runs likes he's a little girl covered in insects

Post #14   7/7/08 3:20:09PM   

sammyd1213

MMA Regular

sammyd1213 Avatar

Career:116-82
Chips:

Posted by MoJoy

Machida can and will be beat. He is far from superman. He would squash Franklin though. I favor a couple guys over him.

Post #15   7/7/08 3:20:26PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4