Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kenny or Huerta?

Print  
Florian or Huerta?
Kenny 36 49%
Roger 29 40%
Haven't Decided 8 11%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

IllArmbarUrGrandma

Learning to Sprawl

Career:84-55
Chips:
I have Huerta by UD but this fight is a coin flip.

Post #31   7/30/08 3:21:00PM   

jawbreaker517

MMA Regular

jawbreaker517 Avatar

Career:105-53
Camp: Pound 'Em Out Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by originalconspiracy

all im hearing about is huertas submission defense against guida...what about crane he did excellent against him. i still dont know who im going for

Guida is a wrestler, so in the fight with Huerta, he was very sloppy with his hooks, which allowed Huerta to reverse into top position often, capitalizing on mistakes. Although Guida dominated most of the fight, Huerta won toward the end. Nothing spectacular. Crain, in my opinion, is overrated. He was out of gas by the end of the first round, and by the mid-second, he was lying in the fetal position getting the crap beat out of him. Crain is a c-level fighter who does not deserve to even be in the UFC. Not taking anything away from Huerta, but Florian is at the top of the food chain. GRRRR.

Last edited 7/30/08 7:43PM server time by jawbreaker517
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #32   7/30/08 7:41:49PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
I love how ppl see this as close. Its going to make me a lot on my wager and parlay for Florian. I have $500 on Florian alone. Thats how good these odds are.

Guida was winning the first two rounds of that fight and Huerta caught him. Thats all I have to say/

Fighters levels
BJ Penn
-------------
Contenders, Kenny, Guida, Spenser Fisher, ect
---------------
Roger Huerta
---------------
New guys that get fed to Huerta

Post #33   7/30/08 10:11:10PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by jawbreaker517

Posted by originalconspiracy

all im hearing about is huertas submission defense against guida...what about crane he did excellent against him. i still dont know who im going for

Guida is a wrestler, so in the fight with Huerta, he was very sloppy with his hooks, which allowed Huerta to reverse into top position often, capitalizing on mistakes. Although Guida dominated most of the fight, Huerta won toward the end. Nothing spectacular. Crain, in my opinion, is overrated. He was out of gas by the end of the first round, and by the mid-second, he was lying in the fetal position getting the crap beat out of him. Crain is a c-level fighter who does not deserve to even be in the UFC. Not taking anything away from Huerta, but Florian is at the top of the food chain. GRRRR.

Yea, Crane is over rated as an MMA fighter. You can't say a guy has great submission defense cause he beat a guy thats good at BJJ but not MMA BJJ. There is a big difference between the two and thats why we saw Crane crawling on the ground the whole fight, cause he hated being hit. He wasnt use to getting elbows and punched awhile grappling ppl and that why Huerta did good. ANy balanced MMA fighter could have done the same.

Post #34   7/30/08 10:17:33PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3