Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Hamill V.S Michael Bisping?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
I think these 2 TUF 3 fighters should square off. Besides the were sopposed to fight instead of Michael Bisping and Ross Pointon(2). There are both good rookie fighters and i think the Hammer Matt Hamill would love to fight him.

Post #1   2/28/07 6:44:21PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
It looked like Bidbing seemed pretty relieved that he didn't have to fight him on TUF...

I'm not saying that Bisbing was afraid to fight him or anything like that, just after training w/ him realized that it wasn't a good style matchup for him, IMO

Post #2   2/28/07 6:53:46PM   

Dalkiel

Learning to Sprawl

Career:87-62
Camp: For The Win
Chips:
Bisping would and could destroy Matt. Matt has more potential, but he's still really green. Bisping has a lot more seasoning and some real skills.

Post #3   3/1/07 12:21:28AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
MIke said he doesn't want to fight Matt at this point because he'd be a step back. He's right. Bisping needs to be moving up in competition. not back down.

Post #4   3/1/07 12:30:43AM   

njekul

Learning to Sprawl

njekul Avatar

Career:131-65
Chips:
Hamill is lucky not to fight Bisping. if hamill went in for a shot with out setting it up first (like he always does) bisping would of need him in the head. bisping is to much to handle for hamill. plus bisping is like top 5 LH in ufc

Post #5   3/1/07 6:10:48AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by njekul

Hamill is lucky not to fight Bisping. if hamill went in for a shot with out setting it up first (like he always does) bisping would of need him in the head. bisping is to much to handle for hamill. plus bisping is like top 5 LH in ufc

How can you say Bisping is top 5 if he's only had 1 fight? other than TUF

Post #6   3/1/07 10:29:21AM   

endodoug

Learning to Sprawl

endodoug Avatar

Career:423-274
Camp: Zewkey.com
Chips:
the hammer would kill bisping

Post #7   3/1/07 1:07:48PM   

njekul

Learning to Sprawl

njekul Avatar

Chips:
bisping has had no problem in any of his fights in the ufc. plus is one level higher then anyone in england. pritty much putting on a clinic in all his fights in the ufc. o yea about hammer its just a bad match up for hamill hes a great wrestler but now with the new breed of fighters single demention fights are weak.

Last edited 3/1/07 4:08PM server time by njekul
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/1/07 4:05:45PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by njekul

matt's actually got great takedowns, a knees only gonna sneak in there by luck or if he tries with a tierd, sloppy TD...

It's a good style matchup... Bisbing owns the standup, but Hamil owns the wrestling / GnP...

I'm thinking back on that season of TUF, and I remember Bisbing getting pissed because Hamil was stuffing his TD's w/ no hands, but also I think Hamil had problems with gassing which is probably one of the first things that Tito has helped him with...

I think both are good fighters, but I would take Hamil in a GnP or LnP UD...

Post #9   3/1/07 4:49:55PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by njekul

bisping has had no problem in any of his fights in the ufc. plus is one level higher then anyone in england. pritty much putting on a clinic in all his fights in the ufc. o yea about hammer its just a bad match up for hamill hes a great wrestler but now with the new breed of fighters single demention fights are weak.

He hasn't really faced any tough competition in his two UFC fights, I know that he has fought more outside of UFC, but there really isn't much of a UFC career to compare either fighter....

I personally don't like the LnP decisions, but you can't really say that wrestlers haven't been doing well... Hughes was a more or less single demention champ for a long time and more recently Kos's win over Joslin, O'brien over Herring, & Marrero.

Like I said I don't enjoy watching a fight like this as much as two wellrounded fighters going at it, but you have to admit that it seems powerful wrestlers, even for being more or less one sided, have a good track record

Post #10   3/1/07 4:56:11PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by njekul

lol...hes had like 2 fights on the main stage, and your putting him in the top 5?

Then again I bet you have Stephan Bonnar in your top 5 too.

Post #11   3/1/07 5:24:18PM   

ElGuapo31

Learning to Sprawl

ElGuapo31 Avatar

Career:97-60
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
this fight would never happen...dana cant have 2 of his undefeated reality glory boys suffer a loss...and it would be bisping knocking him out pretty easily

Post #12   3/1/07 8:34:49PM   

njekul

Learning to Sprawl

njekul Avatar

Chips:
ha good one you make me giggle. yes bisping is on the top 5 border. bonnar is a clown. chuck, jackson,evans,jarnie,bisping. plan and simple

Post #13   3/1/07 10:35:51PM   

black96eclipse

Learning to Sprawl

black96eclipse Avatar

Career:137-97
Camp: Team Couture
Chips:
From the last fights I saw them in I would easily go with Bisping. But if Matt can improve his striking, which i'm sure he's been working on, it might be another story.

Post #14   3/2/07 12:08:45AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
In TUF Bisping was glad when Hamill was hurt and couldn't go on. There were like two or three episodes in a row where he was tossing Bisbing around. Pretty much anyone would have trouble KOing the rock solid head of Hamill. If both continue to win than the matchup will be unaviodable.

Post #15   3/2/07 12:16:15AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2