Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Now that season 3 is over

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Now that season 3 is over how did you do?

First I would like to thank the MODs and Admins for making the forums and webpage the great place it is.

The season was a crazy one with the first card of the season being totally crazy for a lot of people. But in the end it was really fun and full of surprises.

I would like to say congrats to all the big money winners and point leaders. I don't think I did to bad placed 5th in money and 11th in points(One place short of a badge in points ) I would also like to say congrats to my team for taking first in the HW division and congrats to all the other teams that won their weight classes.

Last edited 7/6/08 2:23AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/6/08 2:17:10AM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
OHH thank got season 3 is over that was by far my worst yet.

Post #2   7/6/08 2:59:50AM   

missypie

MMA Regular

missypie Avatar

Career:991-569
Chips:
I made a lot of dumb picks and knew better at times. I picked a lot of guys I wanted to win over who I thought would win. I ended up pretty good though

Post #3   7/6/08 3:12:17AM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:

Posted by telnights

First I would like to thank the MODs and Admins for making the forums and webpage the great place it is.

The season was a crazy one with the first card of the season being totally crazy for a lot of people. But in the end it was really fun and full of surprises.

I would like to say congrats to all the big money winners and point leaders. I don't think I did to bad placed 5th in money and 11th in points(One place short of a badge in points ) I would also like to say congrats to my team for taking first in the HW division and congrats to all the other teams that won their weight classes.

ahhh cut the shit!! your just excited cus you did so damn well! haha

Last edited 7/6/08 3:47AM server time by joshryanshepherd

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #4   7/6/08 3:17:03AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,944-989
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Great job man !!!
But i am still right beside you in the team roster !!!

But you did beat me fair and square this season !! great job again !!

Post #5   7/6/08 3:24:06AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by telnights

ahhh cut the shit!! your just excited cus you did so damn well! haha

Let me fix your quote for you.....
5 and 11 aren't bad but they are not #1. I would have much rather have made 1st in either one but maybe next year.

Post #6   7/6/08 3:47:03AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:780-456
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
Well, i came 150th for my first full season. I was quite surprised becouse i haven't had one really good event all season but hey, im happy with it

Post #7   7/6/08 7:01:03AM   

dannyfrank

banned

dannyfrank Avatar

Career:130-75
Chips:
the only event i did semi-well on was last nights

Post #8   7/6/08 8:37:20AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by missypie

I made a lot of dumb picks and knew better at times. I picked a lot of guys I wanted to win over who I thought would win. I ended up pretty good though

Talk about modesty

I made a lot of dumb picks, you sir did very well!

Props

Posted by holt8081

OHH thank got season 3 is over that was by far my worst yet.

Me too!

Bring on season 4

Last edited 7/6/08 9:52AM server time by MMAcca

Post #9   7/6/08 9:50:49AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

I'd love to take #5 and #11 respectively! Nice work Tel! Thats probably the best all-around performance of the season.

Missy dominated in the points too, 21 points is a pretty damn big lead. I'm proof that any moron can have a few good nights on the wagers; it takes some solid skills, and foresight to pull off the points victory like that.

I'm sure gonna miss that 437K in a few days when it disappears. It's not going to be much fun sliding back into obscurity here, but it was a hell of a ride.

Good luck next season everyone

Post #10   7/6/08 10:05:43AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Agreed. Taking 5 and 11 gets you big props This was my best season finishing #2 in earnings. Thanks to everyone running this website. Keep up the great work

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   7/6/08 11:41:21AM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
I made up some ground on my record, but that first event I picked just bombed so bad that I need a really good showing to pull back ahead.

Post #12   7/6/08 12:17:13PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Well I had a very bad 2-7 start to the season but then did pretty good for the next few events, but ever since around the time I started up my fight camp I started doing crap and picking so many fights the wrong way around, id NEVER lost an event before this season but somehow managed 3 events with a losing record, BUT on the just over half fights I picked right I almost always got PERFECT so I think I may very well have the WORST season record to BEST points record ratio ever!!! seriously I doubt anyone can beat my stats with the horrible 55 wins - 46 losses (54% win rate) picks record but the surprisingly good #478 out of 11189 (521 total points) points record

I was always consistently average before now but this season was either terrible or perfect resulting in a slightly above average finish. Loving my highly impressive 0-10 parlay record. If it wasnt for Nate Diaz id be a rich man indeed!

But the best thing of all was leading my loyal soldiers to glorious victory
THE MMA ARMY ARE #1 AND GUNNING FOR THAT HW TITLE

Props go to anyone better than me, especially the winners and fellow fight camps that won, lets all hope for a better and even more competative season 4

Post #13   7/6/08 3:48:09PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Worst season yet picks-wise, started out horribly then got on a hot streak in the second half but limped to the finish. Earnings-wise, despite my wagers generally backfiring when I went for broke at the end it was still a great season for me, I didn't hit any big parlays but steadily kept climbing the ranks every event, which is proof that you don't need parlays to consistently be near the top of the ranks. I only hit maybe 1 parlay all season.

Post #14   7/6/08 6:38:39PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by telnights

Great job man !!!
But i am still right beside you in the team roster !!!

But you did beat me fair and square this season !! great job again !!

You mean fairly and squarly

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #15   7/6/08 6:47:40PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2