Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

I dont understand? Forrest/Rampage- Good decision or bad?

Print  
  Page 8 of 9   <<   5     6     7     8     9  
Posted By Message

sillysnail

MMA Regular

Career:19-9
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mastodon2

Once again I'm enormously disappointed to see another fight go the Judges, particularly because I don't like the UFC judging. People are talking about Rampage doing nothing, I think this picture is pretty interesting...

Lol that pic makes rampage's post fight interview seem kind of funny.

Bro, some people cut ,briuse, scar, and show more damage on their faces. If you look at Fisher/ Stout 2, in which Fisher landed about 3 to 1 in all & power shots, and then look at their faces after the fight you would think Stout won.

exactly.its the ufc, not miss america. cuts/mouses/bruises don't determine the outcome of a fight, performance does.

Post #106   7/6/08 9:34:50PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mastodon2

Once again I'm enormously disappointed to see another fight go the Judges, particularly because I don't like the UFC judging. People are talking about Rampage doing nothing, I think this picture is pretty interesting...

Bro, some people cut ,briuse, scar, and show more damage on their faces. If you look at Fisher/ Stout 2, in which Fisher landed about 3 to 1 in all & power shots, and then look at their faces after the fight you would think Stout won.

True Fedor and Cro Cop was another, but it does show that in the mostly stand up fight one person was hitting with enough force to do damage while the other was not.

Post #107   7/6/08 10:02:58PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I agree with Hippy 100% on this.

I think every one can agree it was a close fight and could have gone either way. I think Forrest won the fight and I picked Rampage to win. I understand some people wanted Rampage to win but that's not how the judges saw it go down. Some people agree with them some don't. But if anything that shows how close the fight was. I don't really understand why some people just cant give Forrest the credit he is due. Rampage didn't disagree with the decision and even gave Forrest his props so why cant some of you as fans do the same.

Post #108   7/6/08 10:03:17PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I know it's late, but I just watched the fight and thought I would chime in.

Here is how I scored the fight

1 - toss up (if Forrest won it, it was because of the leg kicks)
2 - Forrest 10-8 (but I could see how a judge might only give it 10-9)
3 - Rampage 10-9
4 - Rampage 10-9
5 - Forrest 10-9 (just barely)

So going by the first two judges that gave 48-46 to Forrest, they must have scored the first round to him. Now the third judge that scored 4 rounds to Forrest must have taken some mind altering drugs that night. There is no way he won 4 rounds. Also, Joe was smoking something too because there was no way Forrest was winning the fight as of round 4.

All in all, I not really impressed by Forrest and more so disappointed with Rampage.

Post #109   7/6/08 11:27:37PM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:

Posted by BTizzle

Well the fight I watched seemed like Rampage won it imo.

I gave him Rounds 1,3,5 and Forrest 2,4.

5 was really close coulda gone either way but I saw the fight either being 48-47 Rampage or 47-47 draw if you give Forrest a 10-8 which I didn't. He did dominate the round with position but the damage wasn't really enough for me to go 10-8.

I'm not upset with the decision I like Forrest and wanted him to win but not really sure if he did enough to take the title. Seemed like Rampage wasn't going after it though like I thought he would of leg jacked up or not.

You need to watch that fight again, because round 5 wasn't even close to going to Rampage. Forrest out performed Rampage in every way during round 5.
The only rounds that could even remotely be considered in Rampages favor are 1 and 3.

Post #110   7/7/08 12:07:43AM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Mastodon2

True Fedor and Cro Cop was another, but it does show that in the mostly stand up fight one person was hitting with enough force to do damage while the other was not.

This has nothing to do with racism in anyway, but when you are discussing the appearance of damage on fighters faces, you have to consider their skin tone.
Obviously bruises are going to be alot harder to spot on Rampage. Forrest has very pale skin, so even the lightest bruise will show more noticeably.
Also everyones bruise tolerance is different. Griffen may have dished out just as much punishment to Rampages face, but Rampage may have higher bruise tolerance. You can't judge how well a fighter did based on post-fight facial appearance.

Post #111   7/7/08 12:14:11AM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
I thought it was gonna be a split but i ceartainly thought the right man won

Post #112   7/7/08 12:14:54AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by telnights

I agree with Hippy 100% on this.

I think every one can agree it was a close fight and could have gone either way. I think Forrest won the fight and I picked Rampage to win. I understand some people wanted Rampage to win but that's not how the judges saw it go down. Some people agree with them some don't. But if anything that shows how close the fight was. I don't really understand why some people just cant give Forrest the credit he is due. Rampage didn't disagree with the decision and even gave Forrest his props so why cant some of you as fans do the same.

I think based on how the UFC currently has their scoring set up Forrest won the fight pretty clearly.

My personal belief is that Rampage won the fight, but that's my own fantasy scoring system that goes in my head.

No one can deny with the UFC's scoring criteria that Forrest won the fight. He had control of the Octagon, and he effectively grappled the hell out of Rampage in rd 2. So, I agree... hats off to Forrest for his victory.

I'd much rather be Rampage's body after that fight than Forrest's, though.

Post #113   7/7/08 12:24:51AM   

L-Dahab_87

Learning to Sprawl

L-Dahab_87 Avatar

Career:34-18
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by Pookie

I dont agree with the decision(or the Cote one) but i do understnad the judges dont get to see the fight from the angle we do.

Rampage clearly landed the harder shots, and landed more of them. but... as someone pointed out when you leave it in the judges hands... shit happens.
Rampage was a great sport about it though... The only bright side here is now Wandy v. Rampage 3 is perfectly justifyable.

This sums it up for me. I mean I understand why Forrest won but on the current system I think Rampage should have won. Same with the Cote fight as Ricardo jabbed the crap out of Cote in the last round and took him down def. think Big Dog won that last round.

This takes me to my real point in which the judging was bias say what you want but the judges were completely bias and I think it had to do with the crowd. My solution to this would be i know its gonna sound crazy but Separate the judges from the crowd. Keep them in their own little box with monitors so they can see what we see and have all the angles. This would take down the fans reaction which can be very deceptive like they were in this fight.

I also think personally that the UFC should have 4 refs working a show a night. Have one ref reffing the match and the other three should be judging. This gets rid of the judges that seem to not no about what the ten point must system requires. The ref system of judging I think would be much more effective, something needs to be done and I think this is just one (rather bad) idea to fix it,

You cant say for sure that the crowd influenced the judges scoring, and if it did, they shouldn't be judges in the first place, so i dont think separating them would do much of anything. Thats just my opinion tho

Post #114   7/7/08 1:25:15AM   

L-Dahab_87

Learning to Sprawl

L-Dahab_87 Avatar

Career:34-18
Chips:
All i can say is that NONE of us are MMA judges. We can pretend all we want that we know how to effectively score a fight but in all honesty, we cant. I'm pretty sure these judges aren't random guys, they have experience and are a lot better suited to call a fight than we are. Yeah, sometimes they mess up, but if we were in their position wed mess up a lot more. Just look at this thread, there are 100 different posts and about 30 different takes on how the fight should have been scored. All im saying is that scoring a fight isn't as easy as it sounds. Maybe they just need a better scoring system, one that takes submissions, submission attempts, damage, take downs, kicks, etc. into consideration. It doesn't make sense to use a scoring system that is used primarily for boxing, a sport that only uses punching.

Post #115   7/7/08 1:33:27AM   

williamraysmith

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,344-899
Chips:
I have no problem with forrest winning just that it was a ud. I feel bad for rampage it must suck to have lost the title in such a close fight.

Post #116   7/7/08 4:42:13AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Ha. I really don't think there was any racism involved. But at the very least it should have been a split decision.

Post #117   7/7/08 10:30:43AM   

komodo20

MMA Regular

komodo20 Avatar

Career:1,422-1,025
Camp: L.I. TOP TEAM
Chips:
I don't see how people think that Rampage won the fight i think it was a Good decision and Forrest killed him with the leg kicks and aslo the second round was a 10-8 beat him on the ground i think Forrest won

Post #118   7/7/08 6:00:55PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by JBatch

Forrest is to Vegas what Bisping is to England. The guy who won't lose unless you beat him before the final horn. I really am in disbelief still, and how can you score the fight 49-46. I now really want to know what a fight looks like from ringside.

Did you watch the Tito Ortiz fight?

I did that was another tough decision. But at the time Tito was a huge fan favourite, and the UFC had plans for him. Now Forrest is the big draw had his fight with Tito just happened the same way Forrest would win.

I actually a huge Forrest fan and have never been completely sold on Page, I just didn't think enough was done to warrant any Champion losing his belt. Forrest is one tough SOB and that what won him that fight. He used his size well and had Rampage limping.

Sorry if I offend anyone but these are just my opinions and could be totally baseless, just opinions.

Last edited 7/7/08 7:47PM server time by JBatch
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #119   7/7/08 7:40:46PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
I dont think the belt should have anything to do with it. I've heard people say it was very close, but Rampage shouldn't lose his belt because Forrest didn't win in convincing fashion.

So does that mean if it was not a title fight, the decision declaring Forrest the winner would be acceptable?

I think that is the exact opposite of how it should be. If you want to be called the champ, you better leave absolutely no doubt that you won that fight, otherwise you are just lucky, and are just posing as champ, and are not the true champ.

Well....I for one would feel like a disgrace if I were the champ, and someone came up to me after the fight, and said "That was a close fight. Good thing you are the champ, otherwise the decision may have gone the other way."

Post #120   7/7/08 8:35:51PM   

Page 8 of 9   <<   5     6     7     8     9