Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Koscheck wouldn’t mind fighting Penn

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – UFC president Dana White is almost resigned to the fact that his lightweight champion, B.J. Penn, is going to leave the division to chase the welterweight belt.

White has long urged Penn to resist the tendency to jump from the division and concentrate on cleaning out the 155-pound division. After Penn’s recent one-sided victories over Joe “Daddy” Stevenson and Sean Sherk, though, White doesn’t have a challenger on the horizon who can keep Penn from abandoning the division.

LINK

Post #1   7/5/08 8:21:11AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Now that is someone i would like to see BJ crush

Post #2   7/5/08 9:57:59AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
hah... I would love to see BJ sub koscheck. I love the fact that BJ and Anderson aren't settling for the "unbeatable champion" role and moving up to challenge themselves instead. It makes for much more exciting fights IMO.

Post #3   7/5/08 11:04:20AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:
Bj Penn by total domination

Post #4   7/5/08 12:26:49PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
thats what people said about gsp and hughes the second time
i dont think bj would beat koscheck. honestly i think koscheck would dominate bj and just physically overwhelm him with his wrestling and striking to the point bj would just give up like he did in the end of the hughes fight and in the gsp fight
people say that old bj is gone but heart is something you are naturally given, either you got it or you dont, you cant train for it and you cant see the light on it
and how come bj is getting a title shot before thiago alves?
and why did they stop talking about huerta and florian?
and "unbeatable champion?" no bj penn has nowhere near cleaned out the lightweight division as he beat only stevenson pulver and sherk and sherk is the only one i even had ranked

Post #5   7/5/08 1:04:29PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,870-1,008
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

i dont think bj would beat koscheck. honestly i think koscheck would dominate bj and just physically overwhelm him with his wrestling and striking to the point bj would just give up like he did in the end of the hughes fight and in the gsp fight
people say that old bj is gone but heart is something you are naturally given, either you got it or you dont, you cant train for it and you cant see the light on it
and "unbeatable champion?" no bj penn has nowhere near cleaned out the lightweight division as he beat only stevenson pulver and sherk and sherk is the only one i even had ranked

1. the reason hes getting his shot before alves is because hes more likely to beat gsp then alves ... seeing how many people belive he won the 1st fight
2. i understand he may not have that many wins but who can honnestly beat him being a 100 percent neautral ? ... kenflo huerta sherk stevenson any one you name he would crush ... the only one is aoki and untill he gets here then he has no compitetion ...
3. he was hurt at the end of the hughes fight he didnt give up ... u know how many shots he took from hughes in his position and never once did he try to get out of that fight
4. and lastly as a huge penn fan id love to see kos vs penn kos has a good chance of winning by taking him down repeatedly but penn would prob sub him off his back

Post #6   7/5/08 1:53:16PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Do u know who bj is. look at gsp faces at the end of their match. was dominating hughes till he separated his ribs, he has heart or he would have quit in the hughes match n yes vs gsp he gassed but still keep goin.

Post #7   7/5/08 1:54:27PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
kos is probably the best ww besides gsp (hopefully my guy lytle can prove me wrong later) don't get me wrong i'm not a fan but let's face it koschek has the tools and some. i think penn would have to come up and beat the no.1 contender to fight for the ww belt. there are to many top fighters at ww.

i think kos would do good against penn and maybe even beat him. at the same time i'm not sure if anyone could beat bj when he's in shape.

Post #8   7/5/08 2:46:45PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i give kos more credit for this, i mean its like guillard wanting to be champion and doing whatever or going where ever to the be champ.

i dont think bj would totally dominate, i mean kos is becoming a very well rounded mma fighter. i mean yea i still think bj wins, but it would be an exciting fight not just a one sided beat down.

Post #9   7/5/08 2:50:26PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
i'd like to give kos a chance but all he throws are bombs, penn would jab him to death standing up and use his quickness and if it goes to the ground, he would sub him.

it'd be a competitive fight like sherk/penn but the advantage would clearly be to bj.

Post #10   7/5/08 3:14:10PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gipper

kos is probably the best ww besides gsp (

Kos better then Fitch? I don't think so. Thats something we will probably never know for sure though

Post #11   7/5/08 3:17:55PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
Koscheck wouldn't mind facing BJ, and I wouldn't mind BJ subbing Koscheck.

lol, i'm noy a fan of Koscheck, but I dont hate him either

Post #12   7/5/08 4:07:23PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Kos at 155. That would be a scary weigh-in.

Last edited 7/5/08 4:39PM server time by finnish_line
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/5/08 4:36:07PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
If Kos can make 155 i may just crap my pants. Seriously now thats a drop as he probably walks around at around 190 pds.

See I understand how people would count out Kos but with BJ's gas tank not being tested 5 rounds I think it would be in the Kos fight as Kos is very hard to submit. The only reason Fickett got him was because he rocked him so Idk would be a good fight two of my favs but if Kos makes 155 more than likely I would take Kos by UD.

Post #14   7/5/08 4:36:30PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by finnish_line

Kos at 155. That would be a scary weigh-in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Post #15   7/5/08 5:06:44PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2