Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva gunning for two belts

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mutosufan

MMA Regular

Career:33-26
Chips:

Posted by McBee

My main thing is GSP has not even solidfied his championship status even and it seems like BJ should have to fight Hughes again before fighting GSP.

UFC could pull out the pocketbook and get "the punk" or Aoki or even Alvarez over and I think that you should assume that BJ woud run through, Huerta or Guida or Griffin or Edgar, these guys deserve title shots and GSP lost to Serra and there are a lot of people he has not yet foughtthat are WW contenders. The only people that has decimated there weightclass is Anderson

Alot of fans confuse deserving title shots and getting railroaded in the title match.

Just because one might think that Huerta/Florian would get run over by Penn doesn't mean that Huerta/Florian does not deserve the match. If that was the case then pretty much all the champs would be on the bench.

It is a little ridiculous to say that fighter A would get killed by Penn or by GSP or by Silva because those guys are arguably some of the best of all-time. They run over alot of fighters, most. It still doenst mean that others do not deseve a shot at them.

Post #16   7/4/08 8:23:49AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,456-1,139
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I would love to see Silva hold both belts

Post #17   7/4/08 11:13:30AM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
anderson has his hands full. irvin is the real deal and should be mentioned with all the big boys in the division. if silva gets by him ...... watch out!!

Post #18   7/4/08 11:18:12AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by mutosufan

Posted by McBee

My main thing is GSP has not even solidfied his championship status even and it seems like BJ should have to fight Hughes again before fighting GSP.

UFC could pull out the pocketbook and get "the punk" or Aoki or even Alvarez over and I think that you should assume that BJ woud run through, Huerta or Guida or Griffin or Edgar, these guys deserve title shots and GSP lost to Serra and there are a lot of people he has not yet foughtthat are WW contenders. The only people that has decimated there weightclass is Anderson

Alot of fans confuse deserving title shots and getting railroaded in the title match.

Just because one might think that Huerta/Florian would get run over by Penn doesn't mean that Huerta/Florian does not deserve the match. If that was the case then pretty much all the champs would be on the bench.

It is a little ridiculous to say that fighter A would get killed by Penn or by GSP or by Silva because those guys are arguably some of the best of all-time. They run over alot of fighters, most. It still doenst mean that others do not deseve a shot at them.

whoops I was responding to the guy before me and meant to say " that you should not assume that BJ would run through them" so you are preaching to the choir.

Post #19   7/4/08 11:32:46AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gipper

anderson has his hands full. irvin is the real deal and should be mentioned with all the big boys in the division. if silva gets by him ...... watch out!!

maybe in a different division but he is too one dimensional to be spoken of in the same voice of the greats in the LHW division, he looked stupid in both the Terry Martin fight and Hector Ramirez fight before knocking them out, a good submission guy would beat him quickly. I think even Stephan Bonner would beat him handily.

Post #20   7/4/08 11:36:29AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Forrest will run him outta the LHW division. Silva would demo Rampage. Rampage was never good with the thai fighters. Machida and Forrest would finally give him a real challenge he cant overcome.

Post #21   7/4/08 12:08:33PM   

Gipper

Gipper Avatar

Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by Gipper

maybe in a different division but he is too one dimensional to be spoken of in the same voice of the greats in the LHW division, he looked stupid in both the Terry Martin fight and Hector Ramirez fight before knocking them out, a good submission guy would beat him quickly. I think even Stephan Bonner would beat him handily.

who cares what he looked like he ended up knocking both of those guys out. one of them was top 2 or 3 i've ever seen. even stephan bonner?? this guy has some slick submissions dude. do i think he could beat guys like shogun, liddell, wand, forrest, rampage.....no. i agree he has to work on his sub-d but when a guy can ko people like this guy who no's what he's able of.

Post #22   7/4/08 4:56:16PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gipper

Posted by McBee

Posted by Gipper

who cares what he looked like he ended up knocking both of those guys out. one of them was top 2 or 3 i've ever seen. even stephan bonner?? this guy has some slick submissions dude. do i think he could beat guys like shogun, liddell, wand, forrest, rampage.....no. i agree he has to work on his sub-d but when a guy can ko people like this guy who no's what he's able of.

that is why I said you may mention him at the top in a different division or promotion but in the UFC's LHW you cannot mention him or you will have to list off 6 or seven fighters, he is mediocre in the UFC's LHW divison, I want to see him fight Jardine, Gouveia or Lambert to really measure where he fits

Post #23   7/4/08 6:04:10PM   

Gipper

Gipper Avatar

Chips:

Posted by McBee

Posted by Gipper

Posted by McBee

Posted by Gipper

that is why I said you may mention him at the top in a different division or promotion but in the UFC's LHW you cannot mention him or you will have to list off 6 or seven fighters, he is mediocre in the UFC's LHW divison, I want to see him fight Jardine, Gouveia or Lambert to really measure where he fits

ok maybe i got a little ahead of myself. this guy is knocking on the door though. ya one of those fights would be good. he's only really been in there with one of the division elite t.silva but he got injured so it's hard to say. you no if he beats anderson the ufc will give him one of the top guys in the lhw div. if he loses hopefully they still give him one of those guys you mentioned.

Last edited 7/5/08 2:24PM server time by Gipper
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   7/5/08 2:18:44PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I would love to see bj vs GSP or silva vs rampage or chuck. and i hope it happens, but some of these other guys work really hard for title shots and they cant be deprived because they are heavy underdogs. not too long ago chuck, rich and hughs were unbeatable. but they lost the belts just like all the current champs will. did anyone honestly think GG would beat CC? no, but he still got his shot and proved everyone wrong. what im trying to say is no fight is an absolute lock and the people that deserve the title shots should get them before another champ should

Post #25   7/5/08 4:09:25PM   

Jason-plata

MMA Regular

Jason-plata Avatar

Career:39-34
Chips:
Personally. I think that Anderson would look way better at 205. He is so skinny.. Immagine 20 lbs of muscle on him..

Post #26   7/12/08 3:01:24AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jason-plata

Personally. I think that Anderson would look way better at 205. He is so skinny.. Immagine 20 lbs of muscle on him..

i doubt hes going to get much bigger at all. Maybe 5 pounds of muscle, maybe.

Post #27   7/12/08 3:04:36AM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:

Posted by Jason-plata

I have exclusive photos from inside his training camp. Just leaked!

Post #28   7/12/08 2:03:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2