Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Lindland claims UFC contracts are illegal

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
LIndland is right and this will soon be litigated. Ali Act applied to boxing for this exact reason. MMA in its current form and current economic form did not exist. However, it would not be difficult to interpret the law to include MMA in the definitions and protections inherent for the fighters in the act. In point of fact, it was passed PRECISELY for the protection of FIGHTERS not just boxers. THe focus was on protecting fighters from being exploited by promoters and managers. The UFC should and most likely DOES fall under this act. If it is proven in court that it does---and that is most likely where the interpretation will take place---the UFC will have to change the way it does business.

Post #16   7/5/08 2:15:53AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by Natedogg42

Yeah I lost all respect for "The Law" when I found out he was running as a Republican. This just lowers my opinion of him even more.

Probably not a good idea to start a political debate on this website but since you started I'll tell you straight up I'm not a member of either republicans or democrats but I'd be a republican far sooner. Just because you don't like republicans doesn't mean you can assume what they believe in is wrong or ignorant.

Last edited 7/5/08 8:49AM server time by imanidiot777
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   7/5/08 8:48:16AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Lindland is just mad that the UFC wont give him one of there illegal contracts.

You always say what everybody is thinking.

Props

Post #18   7/5/08 1:53:55PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Lindland doesn't need the UFC anymore than they need him. He is a succesful businessman with his own shows, his own VERY successful gym, his own merch, and he is going to be very involved in politics in the Rep. party in oregan for some time. Yeah, I don't think he's starving for a contract that will give him 50K a fight for 3 fights in 3 years in the UFC/

Post #19   7/5/08 2:20:12PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2