Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Guillard Sucker Punch Confirmed

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Jamie98s

MMA Regular

Jamie98s Avatar

Career:762-517
Camp: The Lion's Den
Chips:
Man I hope Joe daddy tears every limb off his body

Post #16   2/28/07 7:28:32PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
Not surprised at this at all that this is coming out. There have been threads about this from other forums since last weekend. Some started by eyewitnesses.

There was probably no arrest because Clementi didn't press charges.

Post #17   3/1/07 12:42:41AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Guillard punched him in the face but didn’t noticeably hurt him.

Thats because you can see internal bleeding. Melivn could KO Rich in a fight with ease. Everything Rich does Melvin does better,

Post #18   3/1/07 5:46:27AM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Melvin's bad for the sport

Post #19   3/1/07 7:27:43AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by EEKS

Amen to that.

Post #20   3/1/07 8:02:02AM   

FutureLWchamp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:244-196
Camp: Stomp Em Out
Chips:
this cant be true or sumthins left out of it cuz melvin would've knocked him out. if he could knock clementi out in a fight then a sucker punch is pretty much a guarranteed KO. n melvin attracts a whole new crowd to the sport so hes not bad for it.

Post #21   3/1/07 8:27:45AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by EEKS

Amen to that.

How is a fighter that is exciting to watch bad for the sport? Because he got into a fight outside of the sport.

Face it guys. In a sport where people fight for a living. Not everyone is gonna be the clean cut sharp lookin Rich Franklin, or the most dominatn nice guy in the world GSP.
So him Melvin not liking Rich is bad for the sport? I think it is good. Provides excitement for a fight. If 2 fighters dislike\hate each other they will be willing to go all out in a fight in order to win. Thats what makes some fights just so dam good.

Post #22   3/1/07 8:58:29AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Everything Rich does Melvin does better,

Ehh... No.

Guillard can't grapple worth a shit and that's where Clementi is good. Melvin is a better striker and a better wrestler but Rich takes Melvin to thcool when it comes to grappling.

Last edited 3/1/07 9:35AM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   3/1/07 9:35:26AM   

FutureLWchamp

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by EEKS

Amen to that.

How is a fighter that is exciting to watch bad for the sport? Because he got into a fight outside of the sport.

Face it guys. In a sport where people fight for a living. Not everyone is gonna be the clean cut sharp lookin Rich Franklin, or the most dominatn nice guy in the world GSP.
So him Melvin not liking Rich is bad for the sport? I think it is good. Provides excitement for a fight. If 2 fighters dislike\hate each other they will be willing to go all out in a fight in order to win. Thats what makes some fights just so dam good.

i agree, some people expect fighters to be perfect outside the ring or octagon. their human guys, c'mon

Last edited 3/1/07 9:46AM server time by futurelwchamp
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   3/1/07 9:46:34AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
If a guy of that calibre is talking about bringing guns into the situation, that's bad for the sport. That's bull****. And a sucker punch? I'm not saying all of that is true, but if it is, that's messed up.

Post #25   3/1/07 10:18:19AM   

FutureLWchamp

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
ya the gun thing is retarded but i really dont believe a sucker punch happened then they squarred off n got broken up... not likely man

Post #26   3/1/07 10:40:13AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Posted by madmarck

Everything Rich does Melvin does better,

Ehh... No.

Guillard can't grapple worth a shit and that's where Clementi is good. Melvin is a better striker and a better wrestler but Rich takes Melvin to thcool when it comes to grappling.

So why couldnt Josh Burkamn Finish him on TUF?
Melvin is far better than you think. And he trains with team punishment, They happen to have a few good wrestlers.

And i dont know if Melvin carries a gun. And in a confrontation, people tlak shit. Everyone talks smack. It happens.

Post #27   3/1/07 10:41:02AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Chips:
I'm skeptical too...I'm sure there's more to it, but I just based that opinion off the information we were given.

Post #28   3/1/07 10:41:21AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I'm skeptical too...I'm sure there's more to it, but I just based that opinion off the information we were given.

i dont doubt that Rich might not like Melvin but who knows exactly waht they said. And who knows about if Melvin really wants to hurt Rich or he was jsut talk.

Remember from TUF that Melvin talked a lot of smack?

Post #29   3/1/07 11:19:19AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by waylon_o

i dont doubt that Rich might not like Melvin but who knows exactly waht they said. And who knows about if Melvin really wants to hurt Rich or he was jsut talk.

Remember from TUF that Melvin talked a lot of smack?

I think they are both a little cocky, but if Melvin suckered him that's cowardly IMO.They are both fighter's, unless for some strange reason Melvin feels he is overmatched, it makes no sense. I would actually like to hear them comment personally on a audio or video interview to find out what's true and what isn't.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #30   3/2/07 11:19:46PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2