Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Guillard Sucker Punch Confirmed

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,741-1,058
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
j

Performify here. (The main man, Mr. UFC Junkie himself, is hopped up on pain pills and muscle relaxers from his back injury — and loving every minute of it.)

So, in his absence, I wanted to pass along this intriguing bit of news.

We’ve heard the rumors floating for a couple days, but today a credible source I know has confirmed the story, so we’re comfortable bringing it to you.

UFC lightweights Melvin Guillard (20-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC), who is set to face Joe “Daddy” Stevenson at UFC Fight Night 9 in April, and The Ultimate Fighter 4 cast member Rich “No Love” Clementi (24-11-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) have apparently been cultivating a serious rivalry that has recently heated up to the point of boiling over.

The two lightweights apparently started the feud by exchanging heated e-mails talking trash. You can follow some of the back-story on the MMA.tv forums, where Clementi is actually a poster. On page five of the thread, Clementi (posting under the name “No Love”) actually weighs in with some reported email transcripts between Guillard and himself.

This history of e-trash talk apparently came to a head last weekend, where at a local fight event, Guillard reportedly walked up to Clementi and punched him during an exchange of words.

According to reports, Guillard walked over, Clementi put out his hand for a shake and asked, “What’s up with those e-mails?” Apparently, before Clementi could finish, Guillard punched him in the face but didn’t noticeably hurt him. The two fighters squared off, but nothing happened, and it eventually got broken up.

Guillard then apparently threatened to shoot Clementi, stating, “Next time I’ll hit you with my pistol,” which consequently lead to him being tossed out of the fights.

According to sources close to one of the fighters, the two lightweights are now in discussions with UFC matchmaker Joe Silva in hopes of setting up an official fight in the Octagon.

While these type of personal rivalries usually make for great fights, I’m not sure that Silva will grant a matchup between the rising Guillard and Clementi unless, perhaps, Guillard needs a rebound fight if he loses to Stevenson in April.

Taken from UFCJunkie.com; I wonder what Melvin's deal is...There's just no reason to be out sucker punching people.

Post #1   2/28/07 3:32:44PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Guillard would kill Clemente in an MMA match, but I want to now why these two don't like eachother.

Post #2   2/28/07 3:50:44PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Guillard would kill Clemente in an MMA match, but I want to now why these two don't like eachother.

I agree I think like the article says a fight between the two would be a step back for Melvin; unless he loses to Joe Daddy coming up. Melvin would KO No Love.

Post #3   2/28/07 3:55:17PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
Seeing how Guillard would be a candidate for a title shot "IF" he were to beat Stevenson, it would be stupid for him to fight Clementi. That pistol threat sounds like alittle much.

Post #4   2/28/07 4:17:09PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Book it... he ain't beating Joe Daddy. The bigger question here is if a feud were a life has been threaten is worth being rewarded with a fight? I don't think so... even go as far as saying Melvin should be suspended from the UFC for acting like a thug.

No Love by restraining order.

Post #5   2/28/07 4:30:00PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
You sure it wasn't "Nexth time I'll hit you with my pithtol"?

I now hope Daddy takes him to school and Clementi subs him when they fight.

Post #6   2/28/07 4:30:42PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
That's a shame... Really makes Melvin seem like a gangster or thug or something... No need for any of that shit...

Why sucker punch a guy you could steamroll in a fight?

Why talk about brining guns into it?

I like Melvin as a fighter, too bad he doesn't have much class

Post #7   2/28/07 4:33:47PM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:
That sort of thuggish and primitive behavior doesn't surprise me from Guillard.

Clementi should have pushed his shit in. That threat seemed totally whack, Guillard doesn't want to end his career that way.

Post #8   2/28/07 4:35:29PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,103-684
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Question for the mods? Why is crap like this allowed to stay posted. This is just someone running there mouth about rumors. If this happened why wasn't Guillard arrested for assault and threatening? These boards are full of to much crap like this. Just worry what these guys do in the ring unless there is actually a published report about an arrest or something that's actually incriminating.

Post #9   2/28/07 6:03:47PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

Question for the mods? Why is crap like this allowed to stay posted. This is just someone running there mouth about rumors. If this happened why wasn't Guillard arrested for assault and threatening? These boards are full of to much crap like this. Just worry what these guys do in the ring unless there is actually a published report about an arrest or something that's actually incriminating.

UFCJunkie.com is a pretty good source; it clearly states Guillard was ejected from the building. Clementi doesn't seem like the type to call the poilice and report something like that it doesn't solve much. He'd rather get the chance to knock him out legally with no reprocussions.

Post #10   2/28/07 6:10:46PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

If you don't like the thread simply don't post...

IMO, it's nice to have something to talk about inbetween events and after when a couple of ideas are being beaten to death.

While threads about Gomi/Diaz and Hendo's next fight are necessary and great conversation, they start to flood the boards and that doesn't really help in centralizing a discussion either...

It's what happens when as these things get more populated.... IMO, Sooner or later the topics get beaten to death, and people just want something else to bullshit about.

Post #11   2/28/07 6:25:55PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by OchoCinco

I moved this to the MMA lounge becase of all the complaints about it. To be fair the source is usually credible, but I'll move it to the forum for fantasy matchup to see if further confirmation is on the way.I'm not saying it's true or not, just that UFC junkie usually has good info.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #12   2/28/07 6:35:08PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
I'm just interested, when has UFC junkie posted something that wasn't true? Not trying to stick up for them, I just can't think of a time since I started visiting there.

Post #13   2/28/07 6:38:33PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I think it was a good post...if people don't like it, don't read it. But as for Guillard...that's pretty lame. He tried to act like a thug on the show, so maybe he's not acting. I didn't like him on the show, but I have grown to like watching him fight because he's exciting and so powerful. I would hate to put him in the same book with Leben, Herman, and Diaz (as in too much crap-talking and I want to see them lose every single time they fight)

Post #14   2/28/07 6:42:44PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Chips:
Thanks for the support guys; I felt it was a very justified post as well; it's only a matter of time before this hits a bigger MMA sites front page and then there will be 40 new posts on it and those will be okay and not moved.

Post #15   2/28/07 7:17:04PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2