Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Barnett revisits old rival Pedro Rizzo

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
UFC, PRIDE and K-1 veteran Josh Barnett (22-5) is perhaps one of the least-known commodities in the upper echelon of the heavyweight division to American fans. But if Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio has his way, "The Babyface Assassin" will soon be a household name.

The first roadblock on that journey is the first man ever to beat Barnett, the heavy-handed Pedro Rizzo (16-7).

Already a legend in Japan, Barnett and Atencio discussed Barnett's upcoming bout with longtime-veteran Rizzo at "Affliction: Banned" today on a media conference call.

"One of my goals is to make Josh famous here (in America), as well," Atencio said. "I think that he deserves the recognition."

For his part, the one-time UFC heavyweight champion downplayed the importance of recognition in his homeland.

"I didn’t do this to become famous," Barnett said. "I did it because I wanted to be the baddest guy on the planet."

Barnett has long been considered among the most talented heavyweights in the world. At just 24, the Washington native defeated MMA legend Randy Couture to become the UFC's heavyweight champion in 2002. A highly controversial steroid scandal followed, and Barnett left the UFC to compete in Japan.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/2/08 9:35:26PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
Heres a little nut-hugger montage

Last edited 7/2/08 10:38PM server time by figsak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   7/2/08 10:38:06PM