Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ Penn To Fight The Winner Of GSP vs. Jon Fitch

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MoneyMatt420

Tuna Ted.
My buddy sumed it up perfectly but since u called me out i feel inclined to response. gsp proved lack of heart, it wasnt one clean knockout blow, serra has NEVER ko'ed sum1 in that manner, sorry! ONLY Gsp!! he had time to recover or at least should of made time in between all those non powerful non ko punches. HE DIDNT!!! And i said fitch would never lose to serra in that fashion nor lose to him ........... Fitch is taller and coming from a wrestling background i would guess is stronger also. gsp's lack of heart is why jon will win by GNP or KO. u cant say gsp hasnt never been ko'ed before. LOL

you cant say fitch has never been Ko'd either.

Post #46   7/4/08 5:18:46AM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:

Posted by MoneyMatt420

Tuna Ted.
My buddy sumed it up perfectly but since u called me out i feel inclined to response. gsp proved lack of heart, it wasnt one clean knockout blow, serra has NEVER ko'ed sum1 in that manner, sorry! ONLY Gsp!! he had time to recover or at least should of made time in between all those non powerful non ko punches. HE DIDNT!!! And i said fitch would never lose to serra in that fashion nor lose to him ........... Fitch is taller and coming from a wrestling background i would guess is stronger also. gsp's lack of heart is why jon will win by GNP or KO. u cant say gsp hasnt never been ko'ed before. LOL

Serra clipped him, then spent the next 35 seconds stayin on him like a wet blanket, which was the smart thing to do. Serra never gave him a chance to recover. GSP never went out, he just never was able to get 2 full seconds without being hit to get his head back.

Post #47   7/4/08 12:40:33PM   

MoneyMatt420

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,064-745
Chips:
did i say that NO. i think gettin koed by serra is more of a laughing matter than jon getting koed by wilson gouveia early in his career. come on buddy wilson gouveia a lightheavy weight, terra serra a bantonweight or we could just say lightweight cuz serra is not getting any more wins in the welterweight he might as well dropppppp way down. OH and i think gouveia has actually koed catz before umm catz that serra couldnt hit on the chin with a ladder. F**K it i want to see gsp fight gouveia and i dont care which weight divs it is if wilson can even drop that low i doubt it. didnt think it was an issue cuz i give fitch props for fighting in a bigger and tougher weight divs. cant give gsp props for getting knocked out by a smaller weaker fighter now can we unless u that much of a nut hugger lol

Post #48   7/4/08 1:03:55PM   

MoneyMatt420

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,064-745
Chips:
wet blanket lol was gsp stuck in serra's wet paper bag? lol he got dropped then spent the next 45 seconds running away and falling down. think he should of tryed the clinch or pull guard of swing back. and yes u r right he never went out that is way he should of recovered. Karo the heat was able to recover from serras oh so powerful strikes why couldnt gsp even tho i know gsp beat the heat which who cares but thats the point my guy

Post #49   7/4/08 1:11:53PM   

VictimSix

MMA Regular

VictimSix Avatar

Career:89-62
Chips:

Posted by MoneyMatt420

Tuna Ted.

When ever I hear about GSP's "lack of heart" I always wonder if any of these people have seen his fight with Bj. The first round that he had (with the eye poke and all) could have been enough to break a lesser fighter and say "meh it's bj not a bad loss". Then he came back and...in my opinion didn't do much in the 2nd round and then brought it out for the home stretch. That takes heart, I dono if you train but a poke to the eye can very quickly turn the tide of a fight and can change the mental state of your fighter. GSP has heart.

On to the thread. I really want to see Bj vs Gsp 2. It seems to upset alot of people but I think of it this way: if we put this fight off for a few more title d's what happens if either one of them somehow drops the ball that means we may miss a very important fight in the history of north american mma. Lets have this fight now while they are both in their prime, healthy and while both are on every p4p list out there. I don't like what it does to either title picture but to me the fight is worth it. Both fighters have also improved, gsp wrestling has only gotten better and Bj's stand up (including his defense) has really taken a step up. And to some of the people that are talking about Gsps leg kicks, go watch the first fight where Bj checks with the left, checks with the right then jumps over the next low leg kick. Leg kicks are not viable means of attack for Gsp.

I think Bj ends this fight in the 4th kinda, like the way he beat Sherk. While Penn is on his feet he will be putting alot of pressure on GSP because he's always jabbing and your not going to knock him out. GSP might be able to get him down again but like the first fight I think Penn can get it back to the feet and beat GSP by sheer pressure. Sorry for the long post I'm drunk.

Post #50   7/4/08 1:24:59PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
Pay no attn to matt. He sent me some hate mail over my last post. Which didn't even contradict his point. I was actually agreeing with what he said about how GSPdidn't get dropped.

You should of seen that PM, it was all covered in glitter and XOXO's.

Post #51   7/4/08 1:46:57PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:
I'm okay with BJ making history as the only man to hold two belts in different weight classes at the same time. Because a focused BJ Penn can beat anyone.

Post #52   7/4/08 2:42:44PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by EON

I'm okay with BJ making history as the only man to hold two belts in different weight classes at the same time. Because a focused BJ Penn can beat anyone.

*cough* Dan Henderson *cough*

Post #53   7/4/08 2:50:44PM   

EON

Banned

Career:112-65
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by EON

*cough* Dan Henderson *cough*

My bad I meant UFC

Post #54   7/4/08 2:54:23PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:

Posted by EON

Agreed. And IMO BJ won the GSP fight. GSP got dished out too many points for the takedowns. Who knows, if the judges had scored that differently, BJ might be the proud owner of 2 belts right now.

Post #55   7/4/08 3:15:08PM   

VictimSix

MMA Regular

VictimSix Avatar

Career:89-62
Chips:
I think gsp got alot of love for takedowns he did nothing with. Is a takedown really noteworthy if you do nothing with it and let your opponent get back up? What about when you take someone down then the fighter on the bottom starts working a sub on you. I dono I've seen that fight so many times and I still don't know who I would give round 2.

Post #56   7/5/08 1:31:02PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
I scored that fight 29-28 for Penn.

Post #57   7/5/08 7:39:04PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4